You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

Really happy for him. Was badly pissed off when I spent the whole game with every single stream stuttering and not playing properly due to my pc I think, as I thought he'd manage a goal and really wanted to see his first.

I just think he's going to be an amazing player for us, and hope that he remains injury free as much as possible and stays at the club for years, as I think he could go on to be bigger than what T*rres was. Have just loved him as a player since the world cup, am still amazed that we've got him here and think he can be one of the worlds best.

People go on about how we replaced T*orres with Carroll, but I'd rather see it that we've replaced him with Suarez.

RobC Given Suarez' Temper? I'd put money on HIM going through the back of Terry either first or in response to an opening attack by Bighead - Wilkinson did something like that tonight and Suarez soon made him look an idiot with the goal and went after him repeatedly in tackles and challenges which is something his predecessor here Never did. Red Pheonix? We DIDN'T replace Torres with Carroll as most of the clueless Media intimated - We Did replace with Suarez - And I think We got the better end of THAT little bargain since Suarez appears to have all T*rres footballing and strikers instincts And more.

In short, he doesn't get pushed around or dominated by hulking defenders as the other one did sometimes - Suarez is ALWAYS spoiling for a fight which is a good thing to have in a front man these days; Anyway back to the main subject? No, Carrol was never a Torres replacement; The man we replaced with Carroll was the one who LEFT a massive gap in our attack marked "Second Frontline Striker" when the previous Tw*ts in charge of the club forced the sale of him 2 seasons back - That man? Was Robbie Keane. We now have a Proper Frontline attack for the first time in 2 seasons with 2 strikers replacing the 'sulker' who came before them - What was it he-who-once-played-for-us said when he went the other day? "I have a better chance of winning trophies here (there)" than at Liverpool by intimation?

Well, well, well - I think THAT might just prove to be one of The transfer fcuk ups in recent history When we're done proving him wrong - Don't worry 'nando - You'll find out just How big a mistake you made soon enough - Shame it'll be Far to late by then - He's joined a big(ish) club on their way down and he's left another on their way up - His shame isn't it that the one he's just left is THE biggest club of all in these Islands - Like I said - He'll discover the depth of his folly soon enough - What is it they say? "Act in haste - Repent at Leisure" - Methinks a certain blonde Spaniard will have PLENTY of repenting to do in the coming months. Don't say we didn't warn you 'Nando........

In short, he doesn't get pushed around or dominated by hulking defenders as the other one did sometimes - Suarez is ALWAYS spoiling for a fight which is a good thing to have in a front man these days; Anyway back to the main subject? No, Carrol was never a Torres replacement; The man we replaced with Carroll was the one who LEFT a massive gap in our attack marked "Second Frontline Striker" when the previous Tw*ts in charge of the club forced the sale of him 2 seasons back - That man? Was Robbie Keane. We now have a Proper Frontline attack for the first time in 2 seasons with 2 strikers replacing the 'sulker' who came before them - What was it he-who-once-played-for-us said when he went the other day? "I have a better chance of winning trophies here (there)" than at Liverpool by intimation?

Agreed with most of what you say, but it might be a bad idea if we forget that Suarez has temperament issues. He'll sulk sometimes, and he'll also piss people off, but if he carries on like this it'll easily be worth it. I don't think he'll have the moping problems Nando did either because he clearly wanted out for a long time.

I noticed on that MilanKakaBaros video after about 4:20 he's playing alongside a big man who looks alot like Carroll in style and even looks!

They seem to be linking up quite well, fuck knows who it is though.

Might be Marko Pantelic, check the article linked from this thread, he talks about their partnership : http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/98741-suarez-article.html

He's played 30 minutes.

Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet.

Im with you.

His performance was encouraging but he did have quite a few wayward touches when he first came on. Im putting that down to nerves. Was a tad lucky with the goal as well. The defender should have kept it out but it was a good initial run and rounding of the keeper by Suarez.

Lets see how he does against some better teams/defenders first before going overboard.

Im with you.

His performance was encouraging but he did have quite a few wayward touches when he first came on. Im putting that down to nerves. Was a tad lucky with the goal as well. The defender should have kept it out but it was a good initial run and rounding of the keeper by Suarez.

Lets see how he does against some better teams/defenders first before going overboard.

I think you can put that down to nerves and excitement on making his debut, the fact he has been suspended in Holland for 7 games so is therefore going to be lacking a little match sharpness.

It was a very good cameo appearance, he was also goosed at the end. Try putting things into perspective.

He's played 30 minutes.

Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet.

It's not a case of that, it's more to do with he has not played for about 3 weeks, not trained with the team yet, his first run in a new league for a new team . Yet he still seemed to slot in quite effortlessly, as with all new players you expect nerves, you expect them to "over try" and debuts usually are a little bit of a let down . So forgive us who actually see what there is likely to come in the next few weeks, for me, he is a must start on sunday alongside Kuyt .

it's nice to have a top class player who comes to the club and is able to hit the ground running

it restores my faith in the club and in football in general

it also makes it easier to forget Torres

onwards and upwards is the appropriate expression.

Suarez is 24 so plenty more to come

it's nice to have a top class player who comes to the club and is able to hit the ground running

it restores my faith in the club and in football in general

it also makes it easier to forget Torres

onwards and upwards is the appropriate expression.

Suarez is 24 so plenty more to come

Rebel on Suarez earlier:

"signing a striker at ANY cost and once again imperiling the future of the club? No ta. wait till the summer and then the likes of Ajax either get real over fee's or we buy someone else "

"an is a poor time to do business personally I hope they wait till the summer and tell the likes of Ajax to fuck off & get real"

"we dont "need" them, they're all overhyped and overpaid"

Nice one, Headwand.