You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

Well, could it be that Ajax have seen how much English clubs have paid for Dzeko (admittedly Man City) and Bent (the might of Aston Villa), and think that Suarez merits a decent fee?

I think we might argue that by the same token Babel is worth £15m then.

Could well be the big stumbling block in all this, since we accepted Hoffenheim's offer of £5.5m then we can't convince Ajax that he's worth more than that as part of a swap deal. Accepting that offer could have scuppered this deal.

If I was Comolli, then I'd be reminding Ajax that clubs aren't queuing up to beat us to his signature, and that his worth is going to detoriate in the next transfer windows. He's in red hot form, he's off the back of an amazing World Cup, and he wants to leave. Surely now, right now, they should be swimming in massive offers for him. But they're not. We sound like the only offer on the table. Why would they expect clubs to be queuing up with £30m offers in the Summer? What's he going to do between then and now to make him even more tempting for them?

That's the way I would play it.

But...I can see City, Chelsea and Arsenal all having a go at buying him in the Summer if he's still at Ajax. Chelsea have quite good links with Ajax I seem to remember, through ex coaches and training staff brought in around the time of Hiddink and the director of football.

I think we might argue that by the same token Babel is worth £15m then.

Could well be the big stumbling block in all this, since we accepted Hoffenheim's offer of £5.5m then we can't convince Ajax that he's worth more than that as part of a swap deal. Accepting that offer could have scuppered this deal.

If I was Comolli, then I'd be reminding Ajax that clubs aren't queuing up to beat us to his signature, and that his worth is going to detoriate in the next transfer windows. He's in red hot form, he's off the back of an amazing World Cup, and he wants to leave. Surely now, right now, they should be swimming in massive offers for him. But they're not. We sound like the only offer on the table. Why would they expect clubs to be queuing up with £30m offers in the Summer? What's he going to do between then and now to make him even more tempting for them?

That's the way I would play it.

But...I can see City, Chelsea and Arsenal all having a go at buying him in the Summer if he's still at Ajax. Chelsea have quite good links with Ajax I seem to remember, through ex coaches and training staff brought in around the time of Hiddink and the director of football.

No, thats PSV.

LONDON - Liverpool and Ajax are negotiating a transfer of Luis Suarez demolished. Both clubs have provisionally agreed Monday not to talk. A spokesman for the Amsterdam club confirmed that the difference between supply and demand is too great.

Reuters

A major delegation from Liverpool made it clear Monday in Amsterdam Suarez immediate intentions to acquire. The management of Ajax wiped the bid of the British employer of Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel table quickly. Both clubs want the content of the discussions not want to. (Reuters)

Transfer Suarez voorlopig afgeketst - SPORT - PAROOL

Luis Suarez beraadt zich - Voetbal | Het laatste voetbalnieuws leest u op Telesport.nl van De Telegraaf [Ajax]

Luis Suarez is considering

From our Editorial Telesport

AMSTERDAM -

Ajax striker Luis Suarez considering Pere Guardiola with his agent about the current situation at the club so the club did not leave for less than thirty million move to Liverpool.

Early in the morning had Rik van den Boog CEO, financial director Jeroen Slot Ajax's lawyer met with a delegation from Liverpool. It took the club supports the position that there is a record for Suarez on the table to come.

Affairs director of football Damien Comolli has traveled back to England this afternoon. The unprecedented demands represent a setback for Ajax Suarez who financially could improve greatly in England and the idea that Ajax had an amount between fifteen and twenty million a mega-profit on him would make.

After training with Ajax Suarez wanted to exchange ideas. He is the supervisor informed of the refusal to allow him to Liverpool to leave.

new people in charge but same old story unfortunately, it'll be very disappointing if another transfer saga fails to result in us getting the player we want

We'll wait and see. Personally i think they've tried to get a deal done and even raised their bid, unfortuantly Ajax are just asking for too much money and if we have him priced at a certain amount then why should we pay way over the odds for him. It's a massive amount of money we're dealing with here and if the difference is 3 million even though we've raised our offer then so be it, hopefully Ajax will reconsider.

I want him here but for more than 20m? I think Liverpool are right to walk away if that's what the deal is and I'm not upset in the slightest. He's a quality player but he's unhappy, he's going to leave Ajax and they are doing nothing but shooting themselves in the foot.

If he really wants to play for us we'll go back there later and get him cheaper and job's a good 'un.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

From an Ajax fan (@Babettex23), who is from the Netherlands, on twitter :

"Suarez in talks with his agent after hearing Ajax are refusing to let him go to Liverpool for less than €30m."

Liverpool have been linked with Luis Suarez of Ajax for some time now and a deal did appear very close, however the clubs cannot agree a fee and it is now being reported that Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, has set his sites on 27 year old Beşiktaş winger Ricardo Quaresma.

Quaresma has been knocking the goals in fairly consistently finding the net 5 times in 10 games for Beşiktaş and has cemented his starting place in the Portuguese National team appearing three times for them, he has been likened to a Barcelona forward, Lionel Messi, mainly due to his mad skills.

Dalglish targets Dutch international bargain

I want him here but for more than 20m? I think Liverpool are right to walk away if that's what the deal is and I'm not upset in the slightest. He's a quality player but he's unhappy, he's going to leave Ajax and they are doing nothing but shooting themselves in the foot.

If he really wants to play for us we'll go back there later and get him cheaper and job's a good 'un.

If he's really unhappy, he'll go to the first club who offer enough money.

So you're wrong. Again.