You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Finnish legend leaves

Cunny

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LEGEND thats all you can say about this man, a brilliant footballer who shall be remembered alongside Jockey and Lawro as the best centre half we've ever had, a true gent off the pitch also, best of luck big man, genuinely upset for the 1st time in along time about a player leaving.

Chuffed for you Sami hope you win something over there and play regularly. Would love to see the big man score one of those booming headers before he leaves hopefully in an 8-0 annihilation of spurs and win the trophy on the last day.

People not connected to Liverpool fc don't appreciate the big man and what a great servant he has been not just to Liverpool but how he has conducted himself on and off the pitch.

Horrible. I was hoping I'd be dead before this day came. Always had visions of him taking on a coaching role then being manager for a decade or so. Lerkusen are an alright club though.

Well, he can come back home after two years in Leverkusen, you know. Let's hope so.

Thanks for all, Sami. :sniff:

Gutted he's leaving.

An absolute legend in every way. To be honest, I can't blame him for leaving if regular first team football and a two year contract is what he's after. He'll get a hell of a reception if we meet Leverkusen in Europe in the next few years.

Hopefully there's a spot on the coaching staff for him when he decides to call it a day.

we've paid a heavy price for not having Sami in the euro squad this season...there is NO WAY Chelsea would have put 3 goals past our defence @ Anfield with Sami in the Thin Red Line....

Thanks for everything Sami, boyo...I'll never forget you.

You're worth your weight in gold.

Excellent memories of Sami at his peak and in the last season or two as a fantastic back up (Man U this season being case in point). In a sense glad he moves now at the top of his game. Now crossing my fingers that he leaves with the medal he is missing and allowed to make his goodbyes at Anfield on the last day of the season.

Gutted that Sami's going. I think it's a wierd move to be honest, moving to a new country for a short time when he could have stayed with us before joining the coaching staff but fair play to him for wanting a new challenge and having the belief that he's good enough to carry on for another 2 years.

I really hope he has a testimonial this summer; it's the least he deserves after the 10 years of fantastic service he's given us.

we've paid a heavy price for not having Sami in the euro squad this season...there is NO WAY Chelsea would have put 3 goals past our defence @ Anfield with Sami in the Thin Red Line....

Thanks for everything Sami, boyo...I'll never forget you.

You're worth your weight in gold.

He was in the squad that night. Sat on the bench though.