You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry

Antynwa

I imagine the big game perception comes from the end of his time with Arsenal, when he was basically winning games singlehandedly a lot of the time, and also from playing in a fading, ageing French team.

Its a nonsense really. He's still world class, and one of the best players of the last 10/15 years.

You (23_Carra_Gold) are a know-nothing (one who thinks they know a lot and doesn't) bellwhiff (smeller of bellends).

The lad was taking the piss. I responded in an appropriate manner.

I always thought a "bellwhiff" was somebody who smelt of bellend as opposed to somebody who smells them.

If Henry wants to play off our left, then I wouldn't argue it.

He would be stop-gap though, as his age will eventually take a toll on his pace.

It already has, Ramos stayed with him easily on occasions.

Both his back and neck are in a bad way.

The lad was taking the piss. I responded in an appropriate manner.

I always thought a "bellwhiff" was somebody who smelt of bellend as opposed to somebody who smells them.

I didn't take the piss.

I said "what?"

He's started 53 games this season. Can't be that bad.

Suffered with it last season, came off with it today and he's the wrong side of 30.

It's not going to go away, and it's probably only going to get worse.

What was so hard to understand about the original post?

I didn't quite hear you.

I could've sworn you called Thierry henry a bottler, but I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now I'm taking the piss.

Gerrard has won so many games on his own. Look at Henry in the cl final, all of their failed european adventures, business end of many prem campaigns, the cup finals.

I thought it was widely recognised that he goes missing when it matters. I would love him here though as he will destroy the shite we struggle against

If he comes for one season and we win the league then who cares? He is class. I can't believe we are arguing over whether we would take Thiery Henry! We have Riera and Babel there now FFS!

What you say should be taken with a pinch of salt. You are probably the type of guy that rated Ray Parlour

Widely recognised by who?

football fans watching henry in big games.

He banged in untold goals and got a huge amount of assists but when it really mattered he was quiet. He was still world class and one of the best to ever play in england but he was not great under pressure.

I didn't quite hear you.

I could've sworn you called Thierry henry a bottler, but I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now I'm taking the piss.

You were taking the piss the first time. There's no way anybody with a functioning brain couldn't understand three short sentences.

In my opinion he can go missing in big games which may lead some people to have the opinion that he is a bottler.

I'd say that he has bottled some big games in the past but is also a class act who I'd have here next season in a flash.

He banged in untold goals and got a huge amount of assists but when it really mattered he was quiet. He was still world class and one of the best to ever play in england but he was not great under pressure.

I disagree

You were taking the piss the first time. There's no way anybody with a functioning brain couldn't understand three short sentences.

In my opinion he can go missing in big games which may lead some people to have the opinion that he is a bottler.

I'd say that he has bottled some big games in the past but is also a class act who I'd have here next season in a flash.

I understood it, but I couldn't believe I was reading it.

I wish he was shit all those times he fucking destroyed us and played with us.