You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you take Shevchenko if we could get him cheap enough?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Shevchenko if we could get him cheap enough?

• Yeah I reckon so, he's still class and his time at the Chavs is just one of them things...
    • No. He's gone shit now and has been sullied by playing for them...

He's still deadly with a set-piece. If he can get fit again and someone provides him with chances then he'd get goals. Not sure he's had all that much of a look in at Milan with that Pato kid doing well in front of him.

Did you not see my post above?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The yes list is made up of the following posters...

Acid, adeemo, Arnaud, bazza66, Bust3rboi, Da Pmantis, declan, Eiler, el nino laff, Funkasy, Lucky Pierre, Momo king, Nick Leeson, salou_axeman, simonlfcgreen, sybian.

I think the presence of some of those makes the only reasonable answer to the question a definite NO.

No, Chelsea broke him.

How the fuck a club can manage to break a world class striker is beyond me...

Maybe hitting 30 just mentally drained him, then the pace of our league and being on the subs bench for big periods of time (and also feeling like maybe he was only there anyway because Abramovich wanted him, and not even his own manager.) just messed his head up too much. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Milan for a few more seasons and started scoring loads again though. It might just take a while to get over what happened at Chelski.

if we are going to go for rent boys or ex rent boys i would look at crespo,anelka, cole and maybe malouda on current form.

Is Crespo still on their books?

Anyway, no to Sheva, Crespo, Owen or Adriano

The only one I wouldn't mind taking a chance on is Ronaldo, the original one. Still has the desire, although unfit still scoring for fun (nearly a goal a game).

Maybe hitting 30 just mentally drained him, then the pace of our league and being on the subs bench for big periods of time (and also feeling like maybe he was only there anyway because Abramovich wanted him, and not even his own manager.) just messed his head up too much. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Milan for a few more seasons and started scoring loads again though. It might just take a while to get over what happened at Chelski.

Jose did want him.

He was 2nd in the list of players that he presented as his "wish list" in the close season.

It is only afterwards that he tried to distance himself from the signing

(Not too dissimilar to Rafa with Robbie, I must admit!)

It's not that I think he is shiit, or has been sullied ( I would accept Drogba). It is simply that I think we need more pace and power in a striker than he offers so late in his career.

NO!, I'm not the sort to get upset at signing a cuntish player , but Drogba is an ubercunt, someone like him shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this club.

Also, Shevchenko is past it, and his wages would be astronomical, not worth it.