You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eb / D#

Redder Lurtz

Is an absolute shithead of a chord. Anyone know a shortcut which doesn't involve barring the 11th fret?

This is what I've got. Floyd's 'Time,' as I'm sure those of you with taste will be aware, runs seamlessly into this. I'm absolutely fine with Time and most of this, up the the bastard Eb.

Em A

Home, home again

Em A

I like to be here when I can

Em A

When I come in cold and tired

Em A

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire

C

Far away across the field

Bm

The tolling of the iron bell

Am

Calls the faithful to their knees

G F Eb Em

To hear the softly spoken magic spell

Large amounts of rep for any help.

This any good..?

Eb / D#. Guitar chords.

Yeah yeah, I've seen all those but it's hard to get any of those to sound decent from an F to an Em for just one beat.

drop down a string and play this

E 6

B 8

G 8

D 8

A 6

E X

I reckon that's the one I'll go with. Just have to practice it. Not too bad I suppose. The actual open chord is an ace sound but I'm not some goddamn spider monkey.

Thanks chaps. Repped as discussed.

Is it this chord??

xx1344.jpg

Thinks so. That looks like one of the variations.

Don't bar the fret. Just play a normal C chord. Slide it up 3 frets and you have D#. Play it as an open chord.

Are you sure? Sounds awful. With standard tuning?

Actually if I miss both 'e' strings it's better. That what you mean?

Sounds good Joe. I'll need a bit of practice switching but will get there. I've also decided that F sounds much better than Am on the second to last line, at "calls the faithful to their knees." Dave Gilmour. Pffft. What does he know, right?

Get your metronome on for that

I don't know the song, but if I was playing that sequence shown, on my electric guitar I would try partial chord shapes. I have posted some from this song below:-

Try it a bit...see how it sounds for that song. If it sounds good for that bit, you want me to post the fingerings for the other chords in the song then please let me know.

I hope this helps.

EM

E 7

B 8

G 9

D 9

A X

E X

A

E 5

B 5

G 6

D 7

A X

E X

This would give you an Eb of

Eb

E 3

B 4

G 3

D 5

A X

E X

No probs. Remember not to strike the top two (bass) strings for these chord shapes. If you are quite dextrous you can mute them with your left thumb. That way you can be quite free with your strumming.

Edit: I am not a pro by the way. SO I don't wanna sound like a know all...it's just some useful stuff that I have come across whilst I am learning too. ;-)