You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Killer Flu...

Salou

Tell that to the families of the hundreds who died in Mexico. It was only prevented from spreading by years of planning for such an outbreak.

Mexico has an estimated population of 111 million. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

And a few hundred died of it? Most of the people I read about who died had underlying illnesses and didn't necessarily die of Swine flu alone. A lot more people die each year of common flu.

Scouse Missionary, I'm not sure I like your condescending tone. I am a swine flu survivor, contracting this terrible virus back when it was new and potentially fatal, so along with the bit of a sore throat and very mild headache I endured for 3 days I also had the fear of death hanging over me like a shadowy spectre. Swine flu is no laughing matter.

Tell that to the families of the hundreds who died in Mexico. It was only prevented from spreading by years of planning for such an outbreak.

Regular flu kills loads more every year but is that treated like the next big thing to wipe us out?

This was just another big panic about something that turned out to not be that harmful after all.

SARS anyone???

P.S. I'm not going to Mexico. They marry their Donkeys and I'm not advocating such behaviour by boosting their economy with my precious pounds.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

At the risk of sounding like Red Phoenix, it's definitely a biological weapon.

Seems to have started in a market illegally selling wild animals. Karma police are sounding their sirens.