You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Didn't know what else to do after the unmentionable.

I remember writing that message and it taking me about 15 mins to get the spelling correct haha.

Thankfully, no hangover. I think eating myself into a coma with pizza after helped tremendously. Just a bit tired.

https://firstwefeast.com/drink/2013/09/a-complete-gif-guide-to-day-drinking

• 7 months later...

A drunk man who had been reported missing spent hours with a search party looking for himself in Turkey. Beyhan Mutlu, 50, not only sought but ultimately “found” himself in a forest with volunteers.

Relatives of Mutlu, who lives in Inegol in the northwestern Bursa province, became worried when he failed to return home after drinking with friends, the Daily Sabah website reported. His wife was concerned because she could not reach him on his mobile phone for several hours.

Officials were told that he had wandered off drunk into a forest and that his friends could not find him.

As volunteer combed the woods, Mutlu stumbled across his potential rescuers. But they had no idea he was the man they were searching for, and he was clueless about the search for him. Mutlu joined the volunteers as they hunted high and low for him.

The penny dropped when he realised that they were shouting his name. He asked: “Who are we looking for? I am here.”

Mutlu had to give the police a statement, before being driven home to his family, NTV reported. It is not known whether he will be penalised for the search.

According to Mail Online, a he pleaded with police: “Don’t punish me too harshly, my father will kill me.”

Mutlu has joined a small group of “missing” people who have inadvertently joined rescue missions for themselves.

An Asian tourist who was reported missing in Iceland in 2012 was found among a search party after she failed to recognise her own description. She helpe with the police search near Eldgja canyon in the southern volcanic region, and her fellow rescuers did not recognise her because she was wearing different clothes than those outlined in her description.

The chief of police in Hvolsvollur, Sveinn Rúnarsson, said the woman had not recognised the description of herself, and had had “no idea that she was missing”.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Her sister’s visiting with her husband and kids. The ones that I look forward to seeing these days, which is a total flip from when it used to be the other sister. 

Polished off my last third of a litre of Disaranno from 3-5pm when nobody else was drinking, went out for tea and made solid progress through the cocktail menu. Boss time had by all. Got home, got one kid in bed after staying up ‘til 3am last night, all the others are over the road at the in-laws. 

I’ve just smoked a joint. 

I am a little bit mashed. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Her sister’s visiting with her husband and kids. The ones that I look forward to seeing these days, which is a total flip from when it used to be the other sister. 

Polished off my last third of a litre of Disaranno from 3-5pm when nobody else was drinking, went out for tea and made solid progress through the cocktail menu. Boss time had by all. Got home, got one kid in bed after staying up ‘til 3am last night, all the others are over the road at the in-laws. 

Legend 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

giphy.gif

My boy didn’t drink until he was 18. Frowned upon it, the little weirdo. After a brief period of experimenting after his 18th he settled on double Disaranno and Coke. 

I used to take pleasure in going out with him and saying “I’ll have a Madri and whatever the lady’s having?”

I’ve gone right off the ale though so I’m only on the girly drinks. Had a pink gin phase over the summer. Have to say, the boy was right. The bottle I finished tonight was a Xmas present from him, which I’m sure he revelled in buying for me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

My boy didn’t drink until he was 18. Frowned upon it, the little weirdo. After a brief period of experimenting after his 18th he settled on double Disaranno and Coke. 

I used to take pleasure in going out with him and saying “I’ll have a Madri and whatever the lady’s having?”

I’ve gone right off the ale though so I’m only on the girly drinks. Had a pink gin phase over the summer. Have to say, the boy was right. The bottle I finished tonight was a Xmas present from him, which I’m sure he revelled in buying for me. 

It's best you stick to them mate 

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Right, that’s it. I’m putting my earphones in and going down the Spotify rabbit hole. 

I WON’T STAY FOR THIS. 

Did you have a umbrella in it?

• Upvote 1