You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Hull game wasn't he?

Which basically says from the FA that "we think he made the right calls in the Arsenal game" which means if there is no problem then he will deffo referee one or more of our top games towards the end of the season.....

The one saving grace could be someone in the FA with brains (unlikely I know) thinks he starting to fuck up quite a bit now maybe we take him out the firing line and give him games like Cardiff as we don't want any more negative headlines with the World Cup looming.

Which basically says from the FA that "we think he made the right calls in the Arsenal game" which means if there is no problem then he will deffo referee one or more of our top games towards the end of the season.....

The one saving grace could be someone in the FA with brains (unlikely I know) thinks he starting to fuck up quite a bit now maybe we take him out the firing line and give him games like Cardiff as we don't want any more negative headlines with the World Cup looming.

I think you could be right. At least my first thought was Cardiff/Hull, not very high profile for a WC FIFA gold star ref. Unfortunately, what seems rational and logical to us, is opposite to how the FA actually think. Like someone said earlier, Webb is bound to get one of our matches against Chelsea, City or Utd.

I thought the ref yesterday had a shocker. First for not giving the penalty to Suarez. Yeah yeah we should have kicked it out, blah blah, the kicking out rule is not an official rule, hacking someone down in the box IS. So not giving Liverpool the penalty because he is thinking we should have returned the ball is bullshit. You play the rules, not some romantic view of the rules.

And then there is the Skrtel penalty which is very very soft. No way on this earth the ref gives that if it were from a corner or a set piece.

Also the yellow card for Skrtel was bullshit. Going by what I said above he should have sent Skrtel off if he is going by the letter of the law. 

Shocking performance.

I thought the ref yesterday had a shocker. First for not giving the penalty to Suarez. Yeah yeah we should have kicked it out, blah blah, the kicking out rule is not an official rule, hacking someone down in the box IS. So not giving Liverpool the penalty because he is thinking we should have returned the ball is bullshit. You play the rules, not some romantic view of the rules.

And then there is the Skrtel penalty which is very very soft. No way on this earth the ref gives that if it were from a corner or a set piece.

Also the yellow card for Skrtel was bullshit. Going by what I said above he should have sent Skrtel off if he is going by the letter of the law. 

Shocking performance.

I thought it was actually a yellow card - he definitely kicked out at Shelvey. Just pure stupidity from MS. I didn't think it was a penalty, but if that challenge happened outside of the box, it would never have been a yellow card offence, so he was actually right not to send him off in that instance.

The thing that actually annoys me the most, is if Chelsea or United complain about refs, then they get favourable decisions and "the right refs" given to them. We complain about refs, and the refs seem to gang up on us as payback.

It's because those clubs instil a bit of fear in referees (well the Mancs did when ferguson was there). We just instil derision. We complain and then back down.

It's because those clubs instil a bit of fear in referees (well the Mancs did when ferguson was there). We just instil derision. We complain and then back down.

I think to be honest for the longest time we've just had nobody with any smarts in how to play the system.

I always think back to that FA report that came out after the Suarez/Evra incident. It was the most ridiculously poor formed argument ever with inconsistencies and irregularities across the board. All it would have taken would have been a strong presence from us to at least highlight the absolute travesty of it. But we did/said nothing. 

I assume theres always just "lets move on" type of thought process. Which ultimately does you no good. When a bully fucks with you, sometimes you just need to punch him back in front of everyone else. Hoping that he'll go away and leave you be rarely works. 

I'm not even sure it's the clubs, more the managers. Both Utd and Chelsea have/had managers whose words were considered headline material, reported far and wide. When they kicked off it had the potential to damage the FA's reputation. That kind of clout comes from success and sheer cuntery. I hope we get the former, but Rodgers doesn't seem the type to demean himself with the latter.

I also think we're still viewed through the prism of the Evra affair, seen to be kicking and squealing rather than highlighting hypocrisy. 

We could do with starting some sort of exposure of Webb up. Like phoning 5 live or something we can get the point brought up about Webb and the Yorkshire police. Something like that if we can get it aired will certainly be picked up by the media.

Put it on Twitter and I'll run and run and be picked up by the papers.

I thought it was actually a yellow card - he definitely kicked out at Shelvey. Just pure stupidity from MS. I didn't think it was a penalty, but if that challenge happened outside of the box, it would never have been a yellow card offence, so he was actually right not to send him off in that instance.

I've watched numerous replays of this and all I can see is Skrtel winning the ball then momentum carrying him into shelvey and skrts trying to pull his feet away at the same time, I see no foul at all nevermind a yellow card

• 2 weeks later...

We need to get these guys to go and sort Webb out this summer..

I am particularly excited at the prospect of seeing his head on a spike.

By Alvin Aqua Blanco (@Aqua174July 6, 2013, 11:43am

page-next-2.png

Screen-shot-2013-07-06-at-11.43.51-AM-25

Imagine if a soccer match had Game Of Thrones type consequences. A referee stabbed a player to death in Brazil. The dead player's friends, family and we guess some fans responded in kind by beheading the murderous (albeit in self-defense) ref.

Reports Deadspin:

Last Sunday, an amateur soccer match in Brazil came to an unbelievably gruesome end when a referee was murdered by outraged fans. His head was then cut off and placed on a spike. The beheading was retaliation; the ref initially stabbed a player to death.

It happened in the Maranhão region of northeastern Brazil. Thirty-year-old Josenir dos Santos Abreu approached the referee, 20-year-old Otávio Jordão da Silva (pictured above) during a match to argue a call. Abreu reportedly threw a punch at da Silva, who then took out a knife he was carrying with him during the match, and stabbed the player. Abreu died of his wounds en route to the hospital.

Meanwhile, the player's friends and family invaded the pitch and attacked da Silva. They reportedly tied up the referee, beat him, stoned him, lynched him, and then quartered him. When they finished, they cut off his head and placed it on a stake in the center of the field.

- See more at: http://hiphopwired.com/2013/07/06/referee-kills-soccer-player-in-brazil-gets-beheaded/#sthash.s0BukTg4.dpuf