You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Some 'Webb is racist' shouts on Twitter with a pic of him looking at sterling.

Ludicrous and will bring nothing but scorn and ridicule on the club and fanbase

For the love of god, is there no limit to the puerile levels some can sink.

I hope they mentioned that Webb's Mum still dresses him.

• Upvote 1

Stink bombs.

Reading Jonathan Northcroft's column on the Anfield Wrap website, he said of the mainstream journalists who appear regularly on The Sunday Supplement, he knew that 5 were Utd supporters and 4 were Liverpool ones.

We're a man down. We don't stand a chance.

Bizarre, seeing as most of them seem to be 'resting' cockney cab drivers. 

"Given the flak he is taking this morning, the most embarrassing of these will surely be the website www.comedians.co.uk listing Webb as a client.

Describing themselves as a 'one stop comedy shop' they offer Webb's services for up to £4,000."

You really could not write that.  Too hackneyed for fiction.

I think our poor finishing was the main problem yesterday, but I think it has got to the stage where the club needs to raise the ' Conflict of Interest ' thing with either the FA, Riley or both.

This has been going on too long. He has been shafting us since that ridiculous non-penalty on Stevie by Gallas years ago. The other major problem is that he tends to get a lot of our biggest game when the results are obviously closer & his poor decisions can have more of an effect.

Some 'Webb is racist' shouts on Twitter with a pic of him looking at sterling.

Ludicrous and will bring nothing but scorn and ridicule on the club and fanbase

Getting a bit silly isn't it, we shouldn't distract from the core issue.

Webb is a piss poor referee who has a history of making rash and incorrect decisions.

Forget our finishing for a second and remember this is not the first time he has done this to us and it won't be the last. That decision was a disgrace. I realise he could have sent a few players off but in isolation that decision was awful.

There are split second calls required, mistakes get made but he bottled it big time. He is actually not a good ref that has been proven on many occasions the World Cup Final was a joke of a performance and he should never have refereed an International game again yet he will be our representative again.

There is something wrong here. He seems to be a law unto himself. 

I don't want to see him ref us anymore. If Everton can stop Clattenburg from having their games for years over a minor complaint surely we should ask for him to not do our games? It's definitely a conflict of interest there with his connection to SYP. Even if it doesn't affect him who can be sure he isn't biased about the club?

If I was the club, I'd be requesting to the FA, the Premier League and the PGMO to have Webb removed from consideration for any of our remaining games this season, by highlighting the conflict of interest that his role with the SYP presents in light of the new (and no doubt ongoing) Hillsborough inquests. Webb might not have been working for the SYP in 1989 and the inquests do not concern Liverpool FC directly, but there is enough of a grey area for rumours of doubts and bias to persist. 

Really fucks me off how they say that because he didn't send Gerrard off, he was bad for both teams. Once that penalty is given, then that Gerrard challenge is not even an issue as the whole pattern of the game changes. He may earn another yellow card through another challenge, in another part of the pitch, but that event doesn't happen if the penalty was given.

From what I can gather Webb has nothing to do with the south yorkshire police anymore. He reached the level of sargent there but gave it up when he became a full time ref.

He rejoined the force about a year ago on a part-time basis. It isn't a day-to-day policing role, but SYP is still his employer.