You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Not according to himself he's not. The man speaks very highly of himself, here he is speaking about being picked as our World Cup ref,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10573441/Howard-Webb-could-referee-the-opening-match-at-the-2014-World-Cup-in-Brazil.html

Thanks for posting that link, but I'm not willing to waste time reading it. Balls to Howard Webb.

He's been properly mullared in all the papers I've seen this morning, not that it matters. What worries me is that the closer we get to clinching a place in the CL, let alone winning the league, the more the manc lovers in the press and their allies on the pitch will work to sabotage us at every turn.

Can anyone imagine slur standing by silently as we waltz into the CL? We'll have to expect more of this kind of shit decision against us during the run in.

Hopefully not. Or if so we'll just have to win by enough that the odd fuck up by a ref doesn't cost us too much. Missing out on CL this year doesn't bear thinking about, bad decisions or not.

He's been properly mullared in all the papers I've seen this morning, not that it matters. What worries me is that the closer we get to clinching a place in the CL, let alone winning the league, the more the manc lovers in the press and their allies on the pitch will work to sabotage us at every turn.

Can anyone imagine slur standing by silently as we waltz into the CL? We'll have to expect more of this kind of shit decision against us during the run in.

For god's sake!

Stink bombs.

Reading Jonathan Northcroft's column on the Anfield Wrap website, he said of the mainstream journalists who appear regularly on The Sunday Supplement, he knew that 5 were Utd supporters and 4 were Liverpool ones.

We're a man down. We don't stand a chance.

Wasn't it Northcroft, in the same column, who defended journo's by saying they don't make up transfer stories only to spend the rest of the column regailing us with stories of made up transfer stories (including how he wrote a story for a mate as a favour to drum up interest in his client)

Wasn't it Northcroft, in the same column, who defended journo's by saying they don't make up transfer stories only to spend the rest of the column regailing us with stories of made up transfer stories (including how he wrote a story for a mate as a favour to drum up interest in his client)

Dunno. I don't regularly read his column. That particular article just happened to be linked somewhere and i read it.

But if did write what you have said, that's a little weird.

How can Manc lovers in the press sabotage us?

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'll be keeping close attention to anything that might, imo, be aimed at destabilising the club. The recent attempt to dredge up the Suarez-Evra thing is an example.

The idea that we may get into the Cl and the mancs don't won't be taken idly in some quarters.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'll be keeping close attention to anything that might, imo, be aimed at destabilising the club. The recent attempt to dredge up the Suarez-Evra thing is an example.

The idea that we may get into the Cl and the mancs don't won't be taken idly in some quarters.

Well, you are definitely paranoid. But they may still be out to get us, though.

I think the press are probably pre-occupied with trying to stir up the Mourinho/Pelligrini spat these days. It's what selling papers, that and Moyes being so shit.

We had our time in their crosshairs when Kenny was in charge and the Suarez stuff happened. They were ripping into us no end back then. Anyone who failed to see an agenda in what went on back then is bonkers and/or daft.

These days though we're flying under the rader by enlarge except when we give somebody a whupping so I don't think we have to worry about anyone trying to derail our season. I'm sure Howard will get a chance to fuck us over once or twice though before the seasons out.