You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

I could be wrong, but i'm sure it was discovered he's still technically an employee.

He will be getting a pension from them when he's eligible, of that we can be sure - so i find it irrelevant whether he's a former employee or not. He used to take money from them, he will take money from them in the future - therefore the bit in the middle is insignificant. He'll always be a member of the SYP. 

You are right. he is on sabbatical.

If thats not a conflict of interest then i dont know what is.

Don't think many people know that Webb is still an SYP cunt - I sure didn't. More needs to be made of that for a fucking start.

See the media are all over his 'performance' at Old Trafford. Hardly a peep from them about him fucking us over big style....

He most certainly should not be allowed ref our games as a serving member of that police force, it's really naive of anybody to think it's ok, ridiculous given there part in what happened that somebody at the FA hasn't put a stop to it. Webb himself even though he's an egotistical maniac surely should rule himself out of our games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well colour me surprised.

After everything we suspected, there he is bold as brass.

As I said last week - he is still technically employed by them so he shouldn't be within 50 miles of our club, let alone standing in the middle of the pitch affecting the outcome.

Absolute disgrace. It really is time this became a huge issue

I think the obvious conflict of interest cannot now be overlooked by the FA, Premier League or PGMOL. Of course it is possible that being part of the SYP has no bearing on Webb's thinking when he is refereeing our games, but it cannot be ruled out either. It's not beyond reasonable doubt but it can be deemed a conflict of interest on the balance of probability, and we know the FA at least consider that to be a more than sufficient basis upon which to reach a conclusion.

He's been selected to officiate at the World Cup. I guess that means he'll start giving 'controversial' decisions then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25741538

World Cup 2014: Referee Howard Webb selected for competition Premier League referee Howard Webb has been selected on the Fifa list for this summer's World Cup in Brazil.

Webb, 42, was in charge of the 2010 World Cup final in South Africa and sent off Netherlands defender Johnny Heitinga in Spain's 1-0 win.

He also booked a further 12 players in the match in Johannesburg.

Michael Mullarkey and Darren Cann will again be Webb's assistants in the summer after performing similar roles in South Africa.

Webb has been a Premier League referee since 2003.

In 2010, having been appointed for Inter Milan's 2-0 win over Bayern Munich, he became the first referee to officiate a Champions League final and a World Cup final in the same year.

He's been selected to officiate at the World Cup. I guess that means he'll start giving 'controversial' decisions then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25741538

He's achieved his dream. Now he can go back to flashing the cards with impunity. Holding those cards back must have been like a crack addict kicking the habit.

• 1 month later...

I am sick to death of this corrupt fucking bald cunting twat of a wanker prick fucking us over at every single opportunity

how the fuck is he considered the best ref around and allowed to officiate games of this magnitude, he is by some distance the worst one around and thats saying something

• Upvote 1