You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

I'm still utterly furious about this, a full 28 hours later.

I'm concerned. I've been mad about a referees performance before but this one shows no signs of going away.

I'm absolutely livid. And getting more mad by the hour.

are these blatantly wrong ref's decisions against Liverpool the fa's. way of telling Liverpool club and supporters to back off over Hillsboro' if not there is some agenda, even the commentator on the man city game called the sterling offside decision scandalous, which indicates more than an officials mistake, then this is compounded by another shocker from Howard Webb......hmmm methinks there's something rotten in Denmark, when are ref's going to be made accountable for more than bad decisions......sorry stupid question. 

• Downvote 1

are these blatantly wrong ref's decisions against Liverpool the fa's. way of telling Liverpool club and supporters to back off over Hillsboro' if not there is some agenda, even the commentator on the man city game called the sterling offside decision scandalous, which indicates more than an officials mistake, then this is compounded by another shocker from Howard Webb......hmmm methinks there's something rotten in Denmark, when are ref's going to be made accountable for more than bad decisions......sorry stupid question.

Negged for being ridiculous

Days later and I'm still fucking fuming. Not only have been utterly fucked over by the ref 'WE' have come out of this looking worse when Mourinho sullies the name of our best player and the London press back him up despite video evidence and the entire Sky panel showing the penalty was stone wall. I'm surprised Mourinho didn't say Henderson dived.

• Upvote 2

Days later and I'm still fucking fuming. Not only have been utterly fucked over by the ref 'WE' have come out of this looking worse when Mourinho sullies the name of our best player and the London press back him up despite video evidence and the entire Sky panel showing the penalty was stone wall. I'm surprised Mourinho didn't say Henderson dived.

Snap mate. Day 3 and I'm as furious as I was at the final whistle.

The concern I've got is that Webb & Mason's actions are not isolated events. We've had far more than our share of poor officiating over the last few years but with Rodgers at the helm I was hoping it may be behind us.

But the FA hand-picked possibly the 2 worst refs we could possibly have encountered for these 2 key away games and sure enough the shithouses more than delivered.

So the question remains - have we simply had the misfortune to be on the wrong end of some contentious decisions or is there a deeper issue that is rooted in the FA who still harbour a grudge against us as a club?

Maybe it's paranoia on my part but I'm 100% sure that if any of our players had committed the fouls that Eto'o, Cahill and Oscar did then they would have been off.

Mason & Webb have it in for us, so why do we keep getting them? If Ferguson didn't like a referee, that ref would not get another game against them for months or even years. 

• Upvote 3

The concern I've got is that Webb & Mason's actions are not isolated events. We've had far more than our share of poor officiating over the last few years but with Rodgers at the helm I was hoping it may be behind us.

But the FA hand-picked possibly the 2 worst refs we could possibly have encountered for these 2 key away games and sure enough the shithouses more than delivered.

So the question remains - have we simply had the misfortune to be on the wrong end of some contentious decisions or is there a deeper issue that is rooted in the FA who still harbour a grudge against us as a club?

Maybe it's paranoia on my part but I'm 100% sure that if any of our players had committed the fouls that Eto'o, Cahill and Oscar did then they would have been off.

Mason & Webb have it in for us, so why do we keep getting them? If Ferguson didn't like a referee, that ref would not get another game against them for months or even years.

What I find amazing is that Everton who kicked up a fuss over the derby incident with Clattenberg the was 6 years ago, is that the next time he refereed a game there was the other day...

I bet it won't be 6 years before we get Mason again.

And as you say with the stick Suarez is gettin I can guarantee he will start getting booed again and every challenge will be scrutinized when we play our next away game.

I really hope he tears England and Cahill a new one in the World Cup....and the return home game obviously.

I know what you are saying lid.

It all sounds very tin foil hat, but there's no other way to see it. There seems to have been an agenda since the t-shirts incident and it shows no signs of going away anytime soon.

The most obvious refereeing performance of the lot still remains the game where Shelvey was sent off and Valencia was awarded that ridiculous penalty that wasn't even in the area.

Dark powers have been evident for a while now, unfortunately it's getting increasingly more difficult to beat teams when we are playing against 12 men.

I don't imagine I'll say this often, but Graham Poll's right, Webb's trying to ignore the big calls in case it harms his chances of going to the world cup.

Just look at his performances in December - fails to give Newcastle anything away to Swansea despite a couple of penalty shouts, fails to give WBA anything away to Cardiff despite decent penalty shouts, then there's us.

The really shitty thing about all this is that Mourinho's using Suarez to divert attention, and nobody bothers to call him on it.

I watched the interview on the BBC sports page and the Journos are just sat there laughing along...One even asks "what if one of your players had done that" it just goes to show that any shit spouted by the likes of him or Ferguson is deemed true and fact, he even went on to say some names of TV pundits and they were joining in giving names of Ex Liverpool players.

Turn back time to when Rafa made some points that were facts against their media dolls and it gets turned around to Rafa cracking up.

The Media have been to influential for many years from getting pressure placed on a manager for the sack to virtually picking the England team themselves

What I find amazing is that Everton who kicked up a fuss over the derby incident with Clattenberg the was 6 years ago, is that the next time he refereed a game there was the other day...

I bet it won't be 6 years before we get Mason again.

And as you say with the stick Suarez is gettin I can guarantee he will start getting booed again and every challenge will be scrutinized when we play our next away game.

I really hope he tears England and Cahill a new one in the World Cup....and the return home game obviously.

Sadly, complaints against refs only usually stick when they're in favour of the away side and they've changed the game through awarding something rather than incompetent inaction.

A home side win rarely makes ripples, no matter how shit the officiating, and they clearly get guidance on supposedly "letting the game flow" so as not to spoil the spectacle. It seems to be becoming a cardinal sin to send off a player in a big game now unless legs break.

But the FA hand-picked possibly the 2 worst refs we could possibly have encountered for these 2 key away games and sure enough the shithouses more than delivered.

So the question remains - have we simply had the misfortune to be on the wrong end of some contentious decisions or is there a deeper issue that is rooted in the FA who still harbour a grudge against us as a club?

Manc Riley is the refs chief and probably picks up every ref for the "main" fixtures at least, coupled with the fact that we also have a manc chief exec on the board at FA pulling various strings, it is hardly surprising that we've had these two incompetent fuckwits reffing our games.

The only thing which I am surprised about is that they haven't done it sooner to help the mancs gain ground on us, despite Gollum doing his best to fuck this up.

I doubt they'd be happy to see their most sought after asset branded a cheat for being hacked down in the penalty area off the ball in the dying minuets of an important game.

Not if their "corporate image" is at stake or in danger of being "damaged" in any way, in which case they'll do fuck all - the Evra incident is a testament to that.

When it's clear a refereeing performance means we'll get nothing from the game, maybe it might be wise to take the heat and just withdraw our players from the game? Take them off the pitch?

Especially if teams are adopting Chelsea like tactics against us, risking our players getting injured for what is already a pretty much pre-determined result.

I don't seek to equate the two, but if people are advocating players leaving the pitch if subject to hurtful, racist abuse, why shouldn't teams be able to leave the game if it's pointless to play, because the officials aren't doing the job, effectively cheating one team out of the chance to compete on a fair playing field.

Surely a manager has a duty and right to protect his players from potential serious injury if the referee is failing, for whatever reason, to do his job properly?

It might get us stick as being tantamount to a "it's my ball and I'm going home" type of outburst, but of dealt with properly in terms of publicity, it could highlight a growing point of disquiet which is close to ruining the game. And, the media don't like us anyway, I'd sooner have stick than a lack of protection and potential injuries to our best players. Oh, and blatant cheating.

Something needs to be done. Sitting idle and allowing it to unfold before us isn't going to help us, so we need to help ourselves. Even the most cynical supporter who disbelieves any of these conspiracy theories involving Webb would have surely known we would be talking about him after the game and low and behold - here we are 3 days after a defeat which he aided, we are discussing the very subject.

The time for action is now, but what to do and how to do it are questions very few of us know the answers to.

It's very hard to see what can happen to be honest teams like Utd and Chelsea have pretty much got it stitched up in this country that's why there is such an outcry when they get a decision in Europe going against them.

You only have to look at the Utd one last season and the Chelsea one a few years ago with was it the referee Frisk who had death threats. Thing is when this does happen against them the media in this country create a huge shit storm for days and days after it. Could you imagine the outcry if those decisions with Webb had happened in a tie in Europe?

I remember when Barcelona knocked Chelsea out the Euro cup when Drogba acted the twat in his flip flops at then end and the hypocrisy in the media was where was this ref from as he was from somewhere like Norway so wasn't really qualified for the job.....compare that with Roger's saying something similar about Mason to which he got slagged off for such a comment.

I'd say if we had won that Chelsea game on Sunday say at Anfield in the same way the papers would still be going on about it now, thing is though and I'm being honest I really can't remember us winning a game of such importance with a glut of decisions like that going our way.....come to think of it any game in recent memory.