You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Guest San Don

Never mind them as bad as they were imagine if he had done the Cahill one?......

What pisses me off is Mourinho is allowed to spout his shite to a room full of "journalist" about Surez and all they do is sit there giggling......Not one had the balls to question him about the fact that he has made a living with having teams full of cheating twats for the last 10 years .

He's the new ferguson dont ya know.

Never mind them as bad as they were imagine if he had done the Cahill one?......

What pisses me off is Mourinho is allowed to spout his shite to a room full of "journalist" about Surez and all they do is sit there giggling......Not one had the balls to question him about the fact that he has made a living with having teams full of cheating twats for the last 10 years .

Spot on. Sports 'journalism' is a fucking joke.

ibdj7fZJcuhvtE.gif

No sir, nothing wrong with that 'challenge' at all. And the cunt is looking right at it.

Yep.  Its so clear that he deliberately took him out.  Any hack worth their salt should have pulled Mourinho on the lies he was spouting.  The world has gone truly fucking mental

I don't imagine I'll say this often, but Graham Poll's right, Webb's trying to ignore the big calls in case it harms his chances of going to the world cup.

Just look at his performances in December - fails to give Newcastle anything away to Swansea despite a couple of penalty shouts, fails to give WBA anything away to Cardiff despite decent penalty shouts, then there's us.

The really shitty thing about all this is that Mourinho's using Suarez to divert attention, and nobody bothers to call him on it.

I don't imagine I'll say this often, but Graham Poll's right, Webb's trying to ignore the big calls in case it harms his chances of going to the world cup.

Just look at his performances in December - fails to give Newcastle anything away to Swansea despite a couple of penalty shouts, fails to give WBA anything away to Cardiff despite decent penalty shouts, then there's us.

The really shitty thing about all this is that Mourinho's using Suarez to divert attention, and nobody bothers to call him on it.

Not doing your job properly to ensure safe passage to officiating elitism?

Its possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Which goes some way to explaining why its probably true. Trouble is who is the thicker cunt for getting him there? The corrupt pig cunt himself or the people overlooking his fraudulent behaviour time after time?

Good! That might play to our advantage then.

If we register and start online petition, include a few chosen clips showing how out of his depth this cunt really is and how undeserving he is of making it to Brazil in the summer (and I don't mean just clips from our games - I am sure Webb's "repertoire" is big enough in that respect) and also provided we gather number of signatures sizeable enough to make an impact, we can then forward this petition to FIFA HQ and leave them to make their own mind up.

At the very least, we can generate enough bad publicity for the incompetent wanker, which is always a good thing.

Most free online petition sites, like change.org and petitiononline.com offer media exposure as well (media outlets, social media like facebook, twitter and so on), so provided the petition's size is large enough to be noticed we might, just might, reduce this cunt's chances of travelling to Brazil in the summer.

What have we got to loose? Power to the people I say.

If there is enough interest/support for this, I am willing to volunteer to set this up in which case we need to agree on a text, as well as links to clips showing Webb's handy work (preferably youtube and preferably clips with no indication of where them clips were obtained - i.e. the "Sky Sports 1 HD" logo removed). Any takers?

I would be keen to be part of that. But only off the back of a game where he didn't manage to completely fuck up the outcome. It makes it look like sour grapes to every other cunt and gives them yet more ammunition to come at us with the never tiresome 'always the victim' bollocks.

Hopefully he causes the Mancs to lose Wednesday's game then he will be really in the spotlight, but there's more chance of Santa Claus turning out for us as a right back than that happening.

everythingBurns.png

*dials Sky Sports phone in*

"I had a vision, of a Premier League without true competition. Chelsea, United and City ground out win after win and decent football clubs tried to shut them down, one game at a time. And it was so... boring. I've had a change of heart. I don't want Mr. Webb spoiling everything with his decisions, but why should I have all the fun? Let's give someone else a chance. If Howard Webb isn't dead in sixty minutes then I blow up a hospital."

• Upvote 2

Our manager had the chance to respond at today's press conference.

His player had been called a diver and he really should have went to war on Mourinio, to expose him as a hypocrite was an open goal and Brendan declined to take it.

The friendship bollicks should've been over the moment Morinihio called our player a cheat. I like Rodgers but i was disappointed in him today.

Guest San Don

Our manager had the chance to respond at today's press conference.

His player had been called a diver and he really should have went to war on Mourinio, to expose him as a hypocrite was an open goal and Brendan declined to take it.

The friendship bollicks should've been over the moment Morinihio called our player a cheat. I like Rodgers but i was disappointed in him today.

There's some substance to this. I was disappointed with rodgers press conference this avvie. He had his chance to very strongly rebuke his 'mate' but didnt. His 'mate' has captured the moral high ground over the eto'o Suarez pen (just look at the daily wail if people dont agree) and here was a chance for our manager to set the record straight but he didnt.

What I dont get is his 'mate' had absolutely no qualms about re inflaming the debate around Suarez, openly said he was a diver and he was the one who should have been carded! Fuck me, if your 'mate' say that about your star player, isnt your player entitled to some very vociferous backing from his manager rather than his manager looking to protect his 'friendship' with someone who has history against LFC?

To be honest, Im more disappointed with rodgers inability or unwillingness to defend our corner here then keep a 'friendship' on good terms.

Guest San Don

He might have been told to shut up by the owners

That being the same man who said he wouldnt take the manager's job working with a DoF?

I doubt the owners would have told him not to defend his own player in the face of vitriolic abuse from another manager about the club's star player.

That being the same man who said he wouldnt take the manager's job working with a DoF?

I doubt the owners would have told him not to defend his own player in the face of vitriolic abuse from another manager about the club's star player.

No I mean after Man City they told him to hold back after the next match regardless of what went on.

I can understand him not laying into Webb because of his comments after the City game, but letting another manager label one of his players as a cheat is something I didn't expect Rodgers to let slide.

It's not like it's a hard thing to counter, mention Drogba, Robben, eye poking, point out that it's a diversion that the media are swallowing without question, but something needed to be said.

Here comes the twat parade:

Managers are setting a "terrible example" to players and the general public with their behaviour on the touchlines, according to the former Football Association chairman David Bernstein.

Bernstein, who will be made a CBE in the New Year Honours, would not specify individual cases but said there have been a number of high-profile incidents in recent weeks where managers were seen berating officials and behaving badly.

"There need to be improvements in the areas of respect. Some fantastic work has been done but there seems to be a particular problem with the behaviour of managers," he said. "I have been involved with football for a long time and I do understand the pressures they are under but nevertheless, when you look at the constant protesting on the touchline, the harassing of the fourth official and the comments afterwards, it doesn't do anyone or the game any good.

"It has been especially noticeable in recent weeks but it is an ongoing issue and it is a terrible example for their players, let alone the general public. I think it is time managers assumed a much greater level of responsibility for their behaviour."

In the past week Stoke's manager, Mark Hughes, has been charged by the FA with improper conduct after being sent from the touchline against Newcastle while Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers may be in hot water over his remark after their defeat at Manchester City concerning the referee, Lee Mason, being from Bolton in the Greater Manchester area.

Bernstein, who stepped down as chairman in July, said video technology would help ease the pressure on referees but he did not envisage Fifa embracing any such developments in the short term.

He added: "I am a great believer that video technology needs to come in to help referees and that would calm everybody down. I pushed for it when I was FA chairman but it was like banging your head against a brick wall. I think it will happen, as it did with goalline technology, after another terrible high-profile incident, but I think it will happen later rather than sooner."

How about referees taking more responsibility for their own actions (or lack there of). Although that is not the FA way ...