You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Didn't see him given the card but went on teletext afterwards and he did seem to have a yellow by his name so it seems like it was given. (amazingly enough!!)

Yeah JAR is the only LFC player ever to do stuff with his shirt in goal celebrations (so to speak!!) but as has been said once the rule changed he changed it so that he never actually took the shirt off and as far as i can remember he was never carded for it.

An absolutely terrible decision. I was watching their match down the local and even at normal speed, it was blatantly obvious it wasn't a pen, given how the ball changed direction. Even a fucking retard could see Gomes got the ball first. There were one or two United fans in the pub and it probably tells its own story that they never even appealed themselves.

In my opinion, he's started to believe his own hype about him being the best ref in the league because he's made some horrendous calls in the past 18 months or so. I don't usually criticise referees too harshly given that they are only human, but Webb has consistently fucked up lately. I'd say he should be relegated to the Championship, but that would still mean another team being on the end of his arrogant officiating.

The NOTW have done a pretty good hatchet job on Webb.

Ref's cock-up hands Fergie crown | Sport | News Of The World

Let's see if the FA have the balls to relegate Webb, their FA Cup Final referee, to the championship for a couple of weeks!

Has there ever been a more punchworthy face than Cuntface's?

Oh and those fucking "What about the other four goals?"-comments just shows how little understanding of football those cunts have.

We had an ok ref today as well. Big clubs get big decisions. Webb is the best there is about and that says a whole lot of shit about the rest.

Truth is that all refs can have good games and all refs can have bad games - even Uriah Rennie and Rob Styles!! Up till recently I had hardly seen HW have a bad game - recently that seems to be all that he is having. Like with players tho you don't become a bad ref overnight and hopefully soon he will get back to the previous level of performance cos if he doesn't he will soon find himself not being given the biggest games. At least he is quoted as saying 'If I made a mistake I am sorry' but then again what could he say. People calling him a cheat I find a bit offensive frankly - incompetant yes cheat no!!

This is cos I ref myself a bit and due to that I can cut them a bit of slack and am not as critical as many but as has been said that decision yesterday was not hard. Basically in that split second you see the lad go down, you think maybe he was tripped and so you look where the ball went and that should tell you that he wasn't. I think he blew far too quickly.

I am also prepared to take on board what MUFC fans say that they were building momentum and may have come back into it - yes they may have but nobody can tell me that that decision was not crucial and cos of Webbs mistake we'll never know will we. 0-2 and 1-2 are very diffeent scorelines.

And BTW them (or more precisely Ferguson) going back to the Portsmouth cup tie last season is out of order as I felt then and still feel now that it was a clear pen

Im still fucking furious over this result. An absolute fucking disgrace.

To make matter worse, I have been off drink for a week and im staying off it for the next 8 weeks, purely for health and weight loss reasons. At half time yesterday I had my eye on a few nice bottles of red wine I had. What happens? Howard Webb makes one of the most disgraceful decisions I have seen to hand United the momentum in a match where they were in real trouble. Out goes the wine.

So I decided I was going to play some online poker. I stuck $150 into my fulltiltpoker account and went for it. Im quite an aggressive player, so was up and down all night. Came to about 2am and I had $120 left in chips. Got dealt pocket kings, so obviously went with it. Flop left me with trips as another King was dealt. Both of us went all in, and he had a pair of aces. Turn brough a 6. On the River he gets an ACE. Fucking sickened.

I hold Howard Webb personally responsible for this. If he did not give that pen and spurs went on to win the match I would have drank those three bottles of wine and played mario galaxy on the WII. Instead he gave an awful decision so I decided to cheer myself up by winning some money. Instead I lost my bollocks.

Fuck you Howard Webb you manc cunt.

Is there a video clip out there of all of the times this season Ronaldo has kicked out at an opponent's leg/feet? Honestly I seem to remember about 5 absolutely BLATANT (and uncarded, mind you) kicks by our FIFA World Player of the Year.™

Never seen a snottier, more petulant athlete in my life. With all those gifts it's a shame he's managed to invite the hatred of a massive portion of the Earth's football followers.

Yes, I know. And then he stopped. That to me doesn't mean 'always'.

I seem to remember Cisse doing it a few times?

That fella Ross Wallace off PNE got sent off for taking his shirt when he scored the winner. The same thing should have happened to Ronaldo. He should of been booked for taking that swipe at the Tottenham player. If that was a spurs player he would have went.

Robbie and McManaman did it a few times. I don't much care, but Kamara today was trying to claim it was 'instinctive'. Crap. I don't mind it when it's just a player having fun, but often it's part of someone like Ronaldo trying to boost his image rights, get on the back page and generally act like the self-obsessed tit they are, and I find it tiresome. Like with Arshavin's 'shushing,' it's arrogant and knowingly irritating. But the point is: as silly a rule as it is, it's there - so don't pick up a booking. The Preston player - he's got himself banned now in the last minute of a match! Any manager would despair of the stupidity. Loads of rules are questionable, and this one has always been pompous and pointless, but they know it's there! The idiocy is amazing.

Robbie and McManaman did it a few times. I don't much care, but Kamara today was trying to claim it was 'instinctive'. Crap. I don't mind it when it's just a player having fun, but often it's part of someone like Ronaldo trying to boost his image rights, get on the back page and generally act like the sel-obsessed tit they are, and I find it tiresome. But the point is: as silly a rile as it is, it's there - so don't pick up a booking. The Preston player - he's got himself banned now in the last minute of a match! Any manager would despair of the stupidity. Loads of rules are questionable, and this one has always been pompous and pointless, but they know it's there! The idiocy is amazing.

It's not pointless at all, it's making sure the sponsors logo is visible during the most seen and replayed piece of action.

It's not pointless at all, it's making sure the sponsors logo is visible during the most seen and replayed piece of action.

Fuck the sponsors, if they want their logo displayed that badly, they can pay the players to have it tattooed on their chests. Some of the whores who play the game these days would do it too.