You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

• Eto'o on Henderson - probably worth a red, but sometimes you get away with yellow, especially at the start of the game while everyone is settling down. But not even a yellow card given? Unbelievable.

This is the most ridiculous part. He was nowhere near the ball, had he gone a little bit higher Henderson won't even be able to walk now.

• Eto'o offside - not given. Good save by Mignolet. Could easily have been a goal.

Another blind linesman.

• Terry elbow/forearm in box on Suarez - should have been a penalty. He smashed into his neck then bundled him over. Suarez had position. Terry ran him over.

I didn't catch this first time. In replay that looks like a slam down, something that should only be seen in boxing ring.

• Terry elbow/forearm on Joe Allen's face - should have been a yellow. He's 6 inches taller, and about 4 stone heavier, but still went in for the header with the arm. Lionheart.

He got his yellow card for that one.

• Cahill 'tackle' on Suarez - should have been a red. Very dangerous. Luis might be injured from that, though could have easily been put out the game for a long time.

Another "tackle" that is aiming at the knee.

• Eto'o trip/check on Suarez - could easily have been a penalty. Crafty from Eto'o as Azpilacueta was the player being closed down.

Just because it is Suarez, ref doesn't give a fuck

• Oscar trip and scissors on Lucas - definite yellow, possible red. No action taken.

This is purely an asshole display. Going to ground easy is one thing, this is just fucktard at a whole new level.

Webb is a mate of Moriiniho. Moriiniho defends him and calls him the best ref in the world because he knows Webb gets the big important games. It's a clever ploy and it works.

Look at the article i put up earlier by Graham Poll, "When Mourinio came to England he invited me to the Chelsea training ground, he was charming, he introduced me to the players as "the best ref in the world" I joked with him the refs changing room could do with a lick of paint, next time i went to Stamford Bridge they had been refurbished with new showers,. The next time i i refereed them they lost, Jose was waiting in the tunnel "i thought you were my friend" he said. He was working me all along.

That's how Moriiniho and Fergurson work. In Mark Halseys book he admitted being in contact with fergurson by text even though its against fa rules.

We've got to be a lot smarter the way we deal with officials otherwise the big calls in the big games will continue to go against us.

• Downvote 1

Guest San Don

article-2530659-1A54DE5E00000578-270_634

Not. Even. A. Yellow.

But, but, it was only the 3rd minute! You're only allowed to give a penalty against agger at old trafford in the same time frame dont ya know?

Nor does he mention Cahill's mad lunge at Suarez. Just like everybody else.

Maybe I imagined it and that horrible challenge never happened.

Damage limitation I reckon. They'll just about admit they were wrong on the most obvious points and gloss over everything else. I see the media have allowed Maureens comments about Suarez to stand unchallenged.

Cunts the lot of them.

• Upvote 1

Guest San Don

Damage limitation I reckon. They'll just about admit they were wrong on the most obvious points and gloss over everything else. I see the media have allowed Maureens comments about Suarez to stand unchallenged.

Cunts the lot of them.

Is he fortunate that our old Nic has caused a storm with his 'quennelle' goal celebration? Surprised one of two havent dragged the fact that Anelka did play for us once up as well.

Well i woke up this am.

Got online, and cancelled my Sky subs.

I'm not shelling out to watch a game so obviously bent.

Ive not been near a football show since the whistle went.

Whats the point? Its a fucking freak show.

They kicked the fucking shit out of us yesterday and he let them do it.

Like watching Slapshot but with a football.

How can he say Lucas fouled Hazard and then at the same time say Hazard left his leg out? Never a penalty. I also think that Mongo did foul Suarez.

Even Gary Neville observed that Hazard (who was throwing himself around all game) contrived the contact and therefore was no penalty (in plain English, he cheated).

the thing that most bothered me about the Eto'o on Suarez challange is Webbs reaction. He points towards the players involved....From watching football for all of these years this usually means 2 things.

1. The ball had been won, not a foul.

Eto'o was nowhere near the ball at that time so it cant be that.

2. the recieving player has dived.

If thats the case then why was Suarez not given a yellow card?

Webb clearly points at Suarez/Eto'o right after the tackle? for what reason?

Im not one of these people who would like the ref to come out after games because all they would say is  it was a mistake or they didnt see it.

Yesterday however webbs decisions were so poor I would have liked to hear his excuses, he had a clear view of both incidents and I dont see how he could have seen anything but a red for eto early on and then a pen against him against suarez.

Yes chelsea should have had a penalty aswell but this does not excuse it, some of the worst decisions I have seen in a long while from supposedly the best ref.

Best of luck to the print press today as they attempt to remove their tongues from Mourinho's fundament. No balls any of them.

Mourinho is trying to assert the same ringfencing and protection that Ferguson got from the press and on yesterday's showing he appears to be succeeding. 

His 'comments' deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule not introspection and respect.

I'm overlooking the penalty. I know enough by now to know that Suarez has to be virtually assaulted to get one of them.

A player scoring a winning goal when he shouldn't have been on the pitch I cannot get over.

If Lee Cattermole had made that challenge he would have been off before Henderson hit the floor. Regardless of the minute it happened. As it was a Chelsea player on prime time TV, Webb allowed it to escape any punishment. Which led to that player getting his team the points. It's not incompetence, it's high level cheating.

We could feasibly miss out on CL by 1 point come May, this could lead to Suarez leaving and Rodgers getting sacked. Which could in turn mean another 4 years of decline for LFC and a huge loss in business terms. These decisions, are massive and the ramifications of them could be catastrophic. So why are we just allowed to let them happen? Predictably all I'm seeing is us called bitter and 'always the victims' is trotted out again.

I'm fucking sick of it. Really fucking sick of it.

• Upvote 6