You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

He's a bent baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldybaldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy Bastard.

He shouldn't ever be allowed to referee our games again, but the FA seem to just hate us so I'm surprised we don't get the useless baldy prick every other game.

And seen as the fa could be in the dock over hillsbourgh, they have no reason to look after our interests. Bet you any money he Refs the manc game.

I cringe whenever I see Webb is going to officiate one of our games - but the fact is he's the FA's favorite ref and nobody outside of Liverpool is going to think twice about any SYP connections.

End of the day, he's a ref that insists on "managing" a game and that's trouble for a team like ours that runs at/past defenders in the box. He's clearly happy to have different rules for fouls in vs out of the box, and the FA is clearly happy to let him do it. Had the two penalty claims happened more than 5 minutes apart, they would have been given - something needs to be done about this sort of thing.

I agree with Barnesey though - if we're to really challenge for the top we're going to have to bury our chances and make sure the ref isn't deciding the game for us. 

Aldo: Howard Webb cost us again and should not referee Liverpool FC any more

18 February 2014 07:51 AM By John Aldridge

Reds legend lets rip at official who cost LFC again

I was still angry about Howard Webb’s woeful decisions from the Chelsea game in December. I was still furious that he didn’t award a penalty when Luis Suarez was brought down in the area – and seething that he failed to send Samuel Eto’o off for a career-threatening tackle on Jordan Henderson.

So the events of Sunday afternoon at the Emirates Stadium left me raging.

I called it before the Chelsea game and I called it ahead of the Arsenal match at the weekend: Webb gets too many big decisions wrong.

He gave us a penalty when Suarez was clipped by Lukas Podolski but then, for reasons nobody in the country can understand, he failed to award a spot-kick when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain clattered into Liverpool’s No 7.

It was more of a penalty than the one he gave!

I thought Brendan Rodgers showed real restraint and composure to describe the incident as mildly as he did, especially on the back of the Chelsea debacle less than two months earlier.

How many of these wrong decisions does Webb have to make before action is taken?

For a start, he should never referee a Liverpool game ever again. The Reds can go back in the archives and use a long list of games to help state their case.

When he refs us, we do not get the big, big decisions and with Liverpool chasing at least the top four, we must hope he does not officiate our games between now and the end of the season.

Howard Webb costs us. Plain and simple.

People are going on about Steven Gerrard being ‘lucky’ to escape a second yellow card but it was never a booking.

Podolski committed six fouls and didn’t even go in the book.

I’ve been watching football for 50 years and have seen many refs make mistakes.

You can live with that.

It is the hardest job in football and it is very easy to jump on referees’ backs. That is perhaps why the club have not taken it any further.

But everyone is today questioning Howard Webb.

Many had forgotten about the two Eto’o incidents but this can’t be pushed to the sides.

I was actually astonished when he awarded the first penalty at Arsenal on Sunday.

I was sat there wondering: ‘Maybe he’s had a change of heart and we’ve turned the corner with Webb.’

But that proved wishful thinking on my part.

If an Arsenal fan had been in charge of that game, even they would’ve had to give a second penalty.

Webb, England’s referee headed for the World Cup in Brazil this summer, has made himself look foolish.

To be fair to Webb, he was a whole 10 yards away and only had a clearcut, unhindered view of the incident!

But seriously, he can have no excuses for the decision.

And that is part of the reason why he hasn’t come out and explained himself.

I would love to hear what he has got to say because there is no defence for that.

We are all human and all make mistakes but major mistakes happen far too often with Webb in Liverpool games.

So why can’t he come out in front of the cameras and explain his decisions?

The only reason I can think he could possibly come up with is that his sight has gone!

Liverpool have officially been ‘Webbed’ yet again.

I haven't been this surprised since I heard Danny Dyer was from East London.

Arsenal vs Liverpool ref Howard Webb escapes demotion over his FA Cup stinker

17 February 2014 10:31 PM By John Cross

Whistler who will represent England at this summer's World Cup should have given Reds a second penalty and also sent off their skipper Steven Gerrard

Howard's way off: Webb angered Liverpool AND Arsenal with his decisions on Sunday

Blundering Howard Webb will not be demoted, despite his high-profile errors in the FA Cup last weekend.

Webb, England's World Cup referee, is set to take charge of Cardiff's clash with Hull on Saturday.

The news comes despite Webb causing controversy by not awarding Liverpool what looked a clear penalty in their 2-1 loss to Arsenal when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain brought down Luis Suarez, having already given them a spot-kick for a Lukas Podolski foul on the Uruguayan.

Webb also decided not to give a second yellow card to the Anfield giants' captain Steven Gerrard in the same fifth round tie.

But the Premier League are reluctant to demote officials to matches in the Football League unless they have a bad run of games rather than what are deemed to be one-off errors.

“It’s a blatant penalty and we’re very disappointed not to get it,” said LIverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

“It was absolutely another penalty. With the first one Luis gets clipped and it’s a clear penalty, but the second one was even clearer.

“Howard was in a great position. I’m not sure if it was because it was so quick after the first one.

“With the type of player he is and the aggression in our offensive play we provoke a lot of challenges, especially Luis, who is always in and around the box asking questions of defenders. Quite a lot of the time he doesn’t get what he deserves.

“He got one today, but should have had two. If it’s a penalty he should get it, irrespective of what his reputation is. For me that was quite an easy decision.

“We came here and virtually dominated. To end up with nothing disappoints.”

Aldo's article there is the sort of thing we've needed from our ex-players for ages. They need to ask the hard questions and make life difficult for people who fuck us over on a fairly regular basis

Christ knows the manager or players can't because the week someone does you'll usually see the most 1 sided referring display ever in the other teams favour. Just to teach us a little lesson! 

The Manc's have been using ex-players to play the press for years. We need to do the same. 

"Angered" Arsenal.  They've fuck all to be angry about the pricks.

As Aldridge pointed out Podolski managed somehow to stay out of the book and Monreal not being sent off is as much a grey area as the Gerrard tackle. The sort of inconsistency which we see on a weekly basis which sometimes goes for you sometimes against. 

The Oxlade-Chamberlain barge on Suarez is not in that grey area. This was as black and white as they come. As black and white funnily enough as the Eto'o assault on Suarez at Stamford Bridge. These incidents merit separate debate from the usual who did or didn't get the 50/50's that go on after every game as these are inexplicable howlers from the Premier League's World Cup representative who had as clear a view of both incidents as you could wish for. 

Apologies if its been said earlier but my sober reflection on the Suarez incident is that he probably regretted giving the first one , felt he had been conned, and evened the score on the second one,

The problem for Webb is that both were penalties and the one he didn't give was blatant.

Again with Gerrard he probably thought he had fucked up badly and showed some leniency Instead of the reffing the game according to the laws of football its become a completely new variant called Webb-ball. A world where the referee has become the focal point of the the games and interprets the rules he sees fit at the time dependent on the individual players and the team he would prefer to emerge victorious , His celebrity status has swollen his gross slappy head to a point where he believes he is Englands No 1, our football ambassador and a shining example of how to control a game of football when in fact he is doing serious damage to game already severely lacking in integrity and fair play. Referees need to be above criticism and accusations of corruption and bias, Webb is a deluded , egotistical ,thick cunt for effectively changing the results of football matches but the most pertinent criticism we can make is the fact he is a very bad referee.

• Upvote 3

Aldo's article there is the sort of thing we've needed from our ex-players for ages. They need to ask the hard questions and make life difficult for people who fuck us over on a fairly regular basis

Christ knows the manager or players can't because the week someone does you'll usually see the most 1 sided referring display ever in the other teams favour. Just to teach us a little lesson! 

The Manc's have been using ex-players to play the press for years. We need to do the same. 

We need a lot more than Aldo speaking out. Like it or not most people outside Liverpool circles perceive him as a bit of a crank and completely Liverpool biased which I guess is why you never see him on TV in an "impartial" pundit's role. We needs shitcunts like Stelling to stop sniggering up their sleeves at Howard Webb's anti-Liverpool bias and call the facts out for what they are: The 'best referee n English football' is either corrupt or utterly incompetent. Gary Mac had a go about the decision on Sunday but he had an opportunity to say much more.

On one of the replays you can see his face fairly clearly in it, and he makes a facial gesture that sorts of says "ooof", then he ignores his own feelings to deny it. He has to go against his own instincts to avoid giving that penalty, that's how much effort he put into not giving it.

That is an outstanding article, must read. Predictably, the comments underneath are of the  "statistics don't prove anything" anti-intellectual nonsense that permeate British football. 

Webb is to the FA what Moyes is to the journos - a pampered, protected and overrated hack. It doesn't matter too much what the press says about Webb, although it is refreshing to see bursts of objectivity breaking through the veils of "England's Best" nonsense. The FA will go right on ignoring any evidence to the contrary, just as the press continues to find excuses for Moyes.