You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Anybody thinking that their 2nd goal should have been called offside has obviously never heard of the attacking team getting the benefit of any doubt, which I am fine with. It was so marginal, you couldn't expect a linesman to see through a congested 6-yard box, nor Webb to pick it.

You miss the point. I didn't say it was off side but it could have been given as off side and had liverpool scored it I bet it would have been.

• 11 months later...

He's been bent long before he gifted the title to his favourite team when they played spurs at home - of that I have little doubt.

Today he was yards away from where that dirty cunt Eto'o took Luis out and saw it unravel right in front of his eyes and did fuck all.

The problem we have is that there is practically zero accountability as far as these cunts behaviour goes. I can't see that changing any time soon, sadly.

Guest San Don

Only in Howard Webb's mind is a stud up challenge on a knee not worthy of a card.

Never mind, it was in the first five minutes and thus doesn't count.

Except when Daniel Agger makes a tackle in the box at old trafford then its a pen whether its in the first 5 minutes of a game or the last 5 minutes.

I still can't believe Oscar didn't get sent off. Maybe Lucas as well, but that tackle was vile and the reaction was suitable. I'm surprised Lucas didn't break his pretty little face for that. Little shitcunt prancing about all afternoon falling over at the slightest touch and then out of nowhere in the last minute he pulls out some snide two footer on a fellow countryman. Fucking shithouse.

• Upvote 1

It will be approximately 5 months before i calm down about that shitfest today

I tend to assume once I find out he is reffing us that we'll have 11 men sent off all for the penalty they have each committed in the opening 5 minutes, that way the reality doesn't seem quite as mental

• Eto'o on Henderson - probably worth a red, but sometimes you get away with yellow, especially at the start of the game while everyone is settling down. But not even a yellow card given? Unbelievable. 
  • Eto'o offside - not given. Good save by Mignolet. Could easily have been a goal.
  • Terry elbow/forearm in box on Suarez - should have been a penalty. He smashed into his neck then bundled him over. Suarez had position. Terry ran him over. 
  • Terry elbow/forearm on Joe Allen's face - should have been a yellow. He's 6 inches taller, and about 4 stone heavier, but still went in for the header with the arm. Lionheart. 
  • Cahill 'tackle' on Suarez - should have been a red. Very dangerous. Luis might be injured from that, though could have easily been put out the game for a long time.  
  • Eto'o trip/check on Suarez - could easily have been a penalty. Crafty from Eto'o as Azpilacueta was the player being closed down.
  • Oscar trip and scissors on Lucas - definite yellow, possible red. No action taken. 

Off the top of my head they were the main concerns about Webb in today's game. He's still light years ahead of Mason, which doesn't say a whole lot about the state of officiating in today's Premier League. 

• Upvote 1