You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bald

Section_31

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nightmare mate. If I start going balled I’ve already told loved ones that’s me done. I appreciate a decent bald head it’s just I really don’t suit it.I’ve found grey hairs in my beard the last few months so that’s my current drama. You bald cunt. Gonna start calling you Renton 

I'm trying to embrace to positives...

Getting ready in the morning is much easier.

Nobody calls me Richard fucking Ashcroft anymore.

I probably look a bit mental so less chance of getting picked on.

It doesn't go curly in the Rain.

£30 a year saved in Barbers fees.

Something about Yul Brynner.

• Upvote 1

Well the last page of this thread has brought me out in a cold sweat. Fear of baldness is up there in my top fears, I'm 39 now and my hair unfettered looks like Aragorn from Lord of the Rings so I should be safe, but I never assume that to be the case. Always be vigilant.

4 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah, can't get my head around people needing mirrors. You really shouldn't unless you're doing different grades or a fade.

I prefer my hair to be a bit longer on top as it looks better in my case. A mirror is necessary,although its so short most people dont notice the difference.

Thing is women don't give a shit if you are or going bald "unless they are a shallow cunt" is all about your personality. It's blokes who will slag you about it because of their own insecurity. If someone doesn't like it that you don't have hair then fuck them, you don't need people like that around you. 

giveometerkq0.gif

4 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah, can't get my head around people needing mirrors. You really shouldn't unless you're doing different grades or a fade.

I use a mirror just so I can blend my sideburns into my beard. Otherwise a mirror is not necessary as I just set the trimmer on its closest setting to do the rest of my head (upwards motion for the back and sides, and forward for the top before making passes in the opposite direction to catch any hair I might have missed). If I let my hair grow anything beyond No1, it's pretty obvious that I'm receding on top and I'd rather avoid the Prince William premature baldy look.

Shaved mine about 7 years ago, as there was no point in hanging on.

I’ve found the closest trim is to use my braun foil shaver the that is for my face on my head. It’s so smooth and super quick and you just carry on from the face. It’s easy to do if you keep at it every couple of days. If I let it go for a week then I’ll need a trimmer to take it down to at least a 1 though otherwise it’s a pain. 

On 22/04/2021 at 00:55, Geoff Woade said:

I’m bald, have been since about 30 and I hate it. Keep it shaved to the wood because even after 2 days the horseshoe starts to show round the sides. 
If there was a cure that would make it grow back properly but it cost 50 grand I’d happily get into contract killing to raise the dosh. I’d have a full ‘Torres 2007’ mane.

Those new type wigs they’ve got now that are properly chopped into your remaining hair and glued on - I accept they look boss but they’re about a grand and also I have this massive fear that you hatfish a decent lass but while you’re boffing away she pulls your hair and the whole thing comes off in her hand. That ends with a single gunshot after you’ve retired to your study with your bottle of choice.

Even before that, imagine having to turn up in front of your mates, hairless one week, prime Elvis the week after. I’m sure they’d not say anything apart from commenting on how good you look.

I think my only hope is that I witness a murder and have to go into witness protection program starting completely afresh with nobody I ever met before, might treat myself to it then and would still probably fire a couple of those hardcore staples into it just to be sure it doesn’t slide off in hot weather.

Have you ever thought of writing scripts?

That was like a good crime book, 

A fine read.

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Bot said:

Fully committed to the receding/thinning hair/baldness now. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for wet/dry shavers? Just tried this shaver (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0953ZR7SG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) and I've come out with little patches of hair all over the shop. 

I'm going to get a Skull shaver. My mate has one & swears by them.

1 hour ago, Bot said:

Fully committed to the receding/thinning hair/baldness now. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for wet/dry shavers? Just tried this shaver (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0953ZR7SG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) and I've come out with little patches of hair all over the shop. 

I don't know of anybody other than Victor Kiam who has anything positive to say about Remington shavers.

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m very happy being bald. I have shaved my head so I look like a thug and get left alone, no haircuts and no shampoo or conditioner . It’s brilliant. 

I heard you have to shampoo/conditioner every day/two days as you'll get dandruff? That a myth? 

I used to be slim and handsome with a fringe but now I'm a fat baldy bastard and I don't care.

I am what I am.

People don't laugh at a bald man, they laugh at a bald man who tries to hide it.

Mrs HL gets the Wahl on mine, has done for 25 years.

No comb, just the clippers almost down to the bone.

The only pain in the arse is getting my sideys straight.

• Upvote 1