You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So, where was the respect, 'Sir' Alex?

RedBrian84

As a history teacher, I know that in the days of real knighthood, way back when, a knight was supposed to act with honour and decency. Respect your fellow man (well, actually, only your fellow knights, because they had money and the paupers didn't, but that's besides the point for this post).

Anyways, I digress. My original point is this: (apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere) Where was the respect for Everton today by Ferguson? He showed contempt for Everton with that team selection today, and it backfired wonderfully.

He remarked that Rafa showed arrogance and a lack of respect for Everton by calling them a small club. And yet within 48 hours he plays a side that featured a fair few youth players and essentially fringe players from the main United squad. No Ronaldo in an FA Cup Semi Final?

At least Rafa plays his strongest side possible against Everton, regardless of the small club comment. Of course, this is not the first time that Ferguson has showed a lack of regard or respect to the FA Cup- remember the 99/2000 season?

But it brings me to that issue of how he will be portrayed in the press- will he be criticised for showing a lack of respect to the famous old trophy? Will he fuck.

Teddy Sheringham was a right twat as well on this very same point today- when asked how will the United team selection be viewed tomorrow, he explained it away by saying that Ferguson was thinking about "bigger things" at the end of the season. Bigger than a quintuple?

Ferguson had a right go at our manager for something that he clearly didn't research beforehand. Then he went and played a serously weakened side in a major semi final and got fucked over, showing the same lack of respect and arrogance (especially by refusing to give an interview) as what he accused Rafa (wrongly) of having.

Ha fucking ha.

Karma is a funny thing.

i am surprised the twat has any respect for himself. however, as much as i hate slur alex. Doesn't every liverpool fan see all his bitching and moaning about rafa as a positive?

if we were chasing 4th place, would he even be wasting his breath talking about rafa? I doubt it! He is absolutley shitting himself that this supposed greatest team (since 1999) that was going to win all 5 trophies, could be left with 2 out of 5.

how stupid will he look if we knick the title, especially when it is theirs to lose and chelsea are their biggest threat!!