Quantcast
Cat Pics - Page 164 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Alan Sex

Cat Pics

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

@Mook How are relations between your two now ? 

Not great, she's still refusing to come in to the living room. They had a territorial battle on the stairs the other day which was quite intriguing (she won).

One thing I've realised recently though is that Dusty (the older one) is a stone cold killer, we've got mice in this new house & she's going through them like Keith Moon went through drum sticks. Absolutely ruthless.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not great, she's still refusing to come in to the living room. They had a territorial battle on the stairs the other day which was quite intriguing (she won).

One thing I've realised recently though is that Dusty (the older one) is a stone cold killer, we've got mice in this new house & she's going through them like Keith Moon went through drum sticks. Absolutely ruthless.

Fighting over the vantage point that is the high ground. My two used to be exactly the same.

23 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Fighting over the vantage point that is the high ground. My two used to be exactly the same.

She pretty much lives upstairs now so it's going to be one way traffic I think.

Furnando being a former street cat from Mexico, does tend to wander the neighbourhood.

He is such a friendly, good-natured gato and attracts a lot of admirers. Most evenings I walk down the street to collect him, and he jumps out of someone's yard and follows me home by my side, meowing at me all the way. 

I usually talk to him in spanish as well. People out for walks tend to stare as we walk past.

Love that cat (he's on my lap right now)

Pic of him at our casa in Mexico before we brought him to Vancouver...

6fGbwGh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

That's some longevity, even with seven lives. No wonder it's so large.

What happened to the other two lives? 

So we took our Gato Rui to the vet. He got tested for FIV/leukaemia and came back negative. Great news, we can now get him microchipped and neutered. 
We are still unsure what to do about his leg. The original X-ray showed he fractured his leg and it healed without being treated. This means he hops around. The vet said he’d be fine but we think as he’s still young it might me better if they re-broke his leg and get it set properly. The vet here in Portugal seems fairly basic, I’m wondering if there’s somewhere online we can get some advice?

14 hours ago, El Diego said:

So we took our Gato Rui to the vet. He got tested for FIV/leukaemia and came back negative. Great news, we can now get him microchipped and neutered. 
We are still unsure what to do about his leg. The original X-ray showed he fractured his leg and it healed without being treated. This means he hops around. The vet said he’d be fine but we think as he’s still young it might me better if they re-broke his leg and get it set properly. The vet here in Portugal seems fairly basic, I’m wondering if there’s somewhere online we can get some advice?

Great news. Hope you get his leg sorted out for him. 

Dusty has just brought a live bat into the house, a fucking bat. This is obviously what happens when she's run out of mice to torture.

I had to chuck it out, I was a bit wary of it to be honest.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mook said:

Dusty has just brought a live bat into the house, a fucking bat. This is obviously what happens when she's run out of mice to torture.

I had to chuck it out, I was a bit wary of it to be honest.

Don’t fucking eat it whatever you do!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don’t fucking eat it whatever you do!!!

After chucking it in the garden, the missus tells me they're protected & I should've phoned the RSPCA or something. I feel bad now as I think it was injured.