You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

Sooty is an interesting story as well. He was a stray that I saw digging around the garbage and hiding under our deck for a few weeks during a really cold winter in January 2008 (shortly after Coco died - above). 

He looked like a ghost / feral cat in the dark. Every time I saw him in the garbage or outside the house he would run away. After a few weeks of nightly visits, I was standing on our deck looking out at the mountains around dusk, and I saw him come out from under the deck. Instead of running this time, he just looked tired, hungry and cold. I'm pretty sure he was just abandoned when someone moved - he is way too soft and luxurious to be a street cat.

I got him a tin of cat food, and brought it over to him slowly. He sat right next to me and ate it, then proceeded to follow me back in the house (with the two other resident male cats) and never left.

He's the biggest baby in the world - scared of mice and birds (was bitten by a field mouse once, and ran into the house). His other weird hobby is to sit right next to me and do the 'cat dance' for 30 minutes every day, unless I interrupt him, which he then screams and howls like he's been woken out of a trance.

He snores really loudly and has the loudest purr too.

oLYOE3Y.jpg

n05S98Z.jpg

• Upvote 5

Biffy came in last night with a deep enough cut on his wee leg. He seems ok but has had to have a few staples, a cone on his head and needs to be kept apart from his brother for a few days.

This really hasn’t helped by anxiety about when they’re out.

Biffy came in last night with a deep enough cut on his wee leg. He seems ok but has had to have a few staples, a cone on his head and needs to be kept apart from his brother for a few days.

This really hasn’t helped by anxiety about when they’re out.

Have you had their bollocks chopped? That tends to curb the wandering and scrapping to some extent.

Have you had their bollocks chopped? That tends to curb the wandering and scrapping to some extent.

Yea had both of them fixed, Biffy is still a crazy wee cunt and Clyro is still more laid back than Bob Marley.   Tbh, they're fine.  I just start panicking when I haven't seen them for an hour.

It's not knowing what has happened to him that's getting to me.  I've caught him jumping out of an upstairs window before so I'm not surprised!

• 2 weeks later...

He's ace Grinch. All that fluff is going to need some brushing though.

Yea, he is.  His whole personality is awesome, just laid back, chilled and relaxed.  Our other cat isn't all there in the head.  Constantly running around in circles, climbing up doors, curtains or anything really.  We try to brush Clyro but he's not keen at all and lets it be known.   Still, we manage to keep well on top of it. 

Does everyone on here let their cats out doors?  One of ours came back with a nasty cut on his leg two weeks ago, few staples and he;s right as rain again but I'm so worried about them being out.   I've found the area where it more or likely happened.   There's a lot of glass, with moss overgrowing it.  Wood with nails sticking out etc.   It's on someone else property though so I don't really know what to do.  I'd say the best bet is to appoach the man and ask if I can tidy it up for him and explain why but even then I'm so worried when I can't see them but you can't coop them up either...

Guess I'm wondering will they learn from getting hurt.

Yea, he is.  His whole personality is awesome, just laid back, chilled and relaxed.  Our other cat isn't all there in the head.  Constantly running around in circles, climbing up doors, curtains or anything really.  We try to brush Clyro but he's not keen at all and lets it be known.   Still, we manage to keep well on top of it. 

Does everyone on here let their cats out doors?  One of ours came back with a nasty cut on his leg two weeks ago, few staples and he;s right as rain again but I'm so worried about them being out.   I've found the area where it more or likely happened.   There's a lot of glass, with moss overgrowing it.  Wood with nails sticking out etc.   It's on someone else property though so I don't really know what to do.  I'd say the best bet is to appoach the man and ask if I can tidy it up for him and explain why but even then I'm so worried when I can't see them but you can't coop them up either...

Guess I'm wondering will they learn from getting hurt.

Letting go is the hardest part. 

The transition to letting cats outside on their own is tough. I would follow ours for weeks until I felt they were comfortable with their surroundings (maybe not so easy in a typical english urban environment). 

Make coming home worth their while (treats and such). I have trained mine with certain calls/sounds, and they know when it's time to come in (and stay in). They are not allowed out at night...will never let that happen.

Cats like routine, so it can work.

(typed that with two cats on me)

• Upvote 2

Letting go is the hardest part. 

The transition to letting cats outside on their own is tough. I would follow ours for weeks until I felt they were comfortable with their surroundings (maybe not so easy in a typical english urban environment). 

Make coming home worth their while (treats and such). I have trained mine with certain calls/sounds, and they know when it's time to come in (and stay in). They are not allowed out at night...will never let that happen.

Cats like routine, so it can work.

(typed that with two cats on me)

thanks for that reply.   Yea, it's really bloody tough but I know I can't keep them locked up.  They're too playful, inquisitive & energetic.  They need to explore.

I think I'll just approach the man.  You never know, I could even be doing him the favour.

I was down at a game when we first let Art out after we moved to our new house, totally wrecked my whole day until just before Kick Off my missus text me to say he'd come home. I was over the fucking moon.

He's my best mate these days is big Art.

• Upvote 4

8a77d0b28b7803c9a7c631b59e14aa22.jpg

A better pic to show the size of Clyro. Happy as a pig in shit in his large dog bed. So much muscle in such a fearful little thing.

His smaller brother gets the better of him play fighting by Clyro the big wuss going on his back.

He's the dead spit of our Mr. Faulty.

• Upvote 1

After seeing Grinch's pics, it's time for another installment of "Neko's cats"....this week, Tabitha.

In December 2011, I saw an article from the SPCA about a kitten that had been run over by a car, taken in to be operated on, stolen before she could have the surgery, dumped/returned to the SPCA in a box on a freezing cold night, survived, had a leg amputated but still looking for someone to adopt her.

Original story, aqui... http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2011/12/25/stolen-kitten-returned-to-shelter-after-public-plea/

The SPCA branch is over an hour from the house, and we already had three cats at the time (all big males). I really wasn't looking to adopt her myself, but was doing my part to spread the word. After about a month, I noticed that she was still unadopted. I had the day off work, so I said 'fuck it' and drove out there and picked her up.

This tiny ball of black fluff and three legs was running like crazy around the shelter. I was just amazed at her energy and spirit. Obviously she was a fighter, just by surviving her ordeal.

She really is an amazing animal. I'll stop short of calling her the best cat ever, only because she is pure evil to all other life forms, especially if they try and get close to me. I'm not allowed to talk to anyone (even the wife, or my mum on the phone) without her crying at me to stop. She's my girl, and she is very protective of me.

Make no mistake, this is a cat that will fuck you up. The picture of her looking up at our other cat (her first introduction) is very telling - she was terrified at first, as he was very rough on her. Six years later, and she hasn't forgotten this (typical woman). She routinely scratches him when he he is anywhere within range. This is a cat that rules not only the house, but the neighbourhood. She's half the size of all the other big males and only has three legs, but no cats can make a move without knowing where she is. Just look at the eyes - she instills fear and obedience in all her subjects.

Tabby (or Tabasaurus or Stinkerbell) can run, climb and jump as fast as any cat. I think it's actually easier for her to run than to limp around on three legs.As Grinch knows, keeping her groomed is an issue. I brush her almost every day, and she loves it. If I don't brush her, she comes to find me and let me know.

The only female cat I've owned since our childhood cat, but an enormous amount of respect and love for this amazing animal - great cat.

tabasaurus1.jpg

tab_sink4.jpg

tab_wall3.jpg

tabch2.jpg

• Upvote 5

After seeing Grinch's pics, it's time for another installment of "Neko's cats"....this week, Tabitha.

In December 2011, I saw an article from the SPCA about a kitten that had been run over by a car, taken in to be operated on, stolen before she could have the surgery, dumped/returned to the SPCA in a box on a freezing cold night, survived, had a leg amputated but still looking for someone to adopt her.

Original story, aqui... http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2011/12/25/stolen-kitten-returned-to-shelter-after-public-plea/

The SPCA branch is over an hour from the house, and we already had three cats at the time (all big males). I really wasn't looking to adopt her myself, but was doing my part to spread the word. After about a month, I noticed that she was still unadopted. I had the day off work, so I said 'fuck it' and drove out there and picked her up.

This tiny ball of black fluff and three legs was running like crazy around the shelter. I was just amazed at her energy and spirit. Obviously she was a fighter, just by surviving her ordeal.

She really is an amazing animal. I'll stop short of calling her the best cat ever, only because she is pure evil to all other life forms, especially if they try and get close to me. I'm not allowed to talk to anyone (even the wife, or my mum on the phone) without her crying at me to stop. She's my girl, and she is very protective of me.

Make no mistake, this is a cat that will fuck you up. The picture of her looking up at our other cat (her first introduction) is very telling - she was terrified at first, as he was very rough on her. Six years later, and she hasn't forgotten this (typical woman). She routinely scratches him when he he is anywhere within range. This is a cat that rules not only the house, but the neighbourhood. She's half the size of all the other big males and only has three legs, but no cats can make a move without knowing where she is. Just look at the eyes - she instills fear and obedience in all her subjects.

Tabby (or Tabasaurus or Stinkerbell) can run, climb and jump as fast as any cat. I think it's actually easier for her to run than to limp around on three legs.As Grinch knows, keeping her groomed is an issue. I brush her almost every day, and she loves it. If I don't brush her, she comes to find me and let me know.

The only female cat I've owned since our childhood cat, but an enormous amount of respect and love for this amazing animal - great cat.

tabasaurus1.jpg

tab_sink4.jpg

tab_wall3.jpg

tabch2.jpg

Spit of Clyro and awesome stuff story

Original story, aqui... http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2011/12/25/stolen-kitten-returned-to-shelter-after-public-plea/

tabasaurus1.jpg

tab_sink4.jpg

tab_wall3.jpg

tabch2.jpg

Great stuff that. Warra moggy!

• 2 weeks later...