You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

2 hours ago, Mook said:

She's ok, she must have sneaked in when nobody was about. I heard her snoring coming from the drawers under the bed.

Honestly one of the happiest moments of my life when I pulled the drawer open & saw her wee face.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

The're cunning little fuckers. They are adept at hiding somewhere and really don't give a toss about being found.

Until the're hungry of course.

Yeah but they usually find you then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mook said:

She's ok, she must have sneaked in when nobody was about. I heard her snoring coming from the drawers under the bed.

Honestly one of the happiest moments of my life when I pulled the drawer open & saw her wee face.

Charlie pulls some shit like that all the time. He never goes any further than our back garden, or more than twenty feet from the back door. And still he manages to make himself invisible.

Sneaky little fuckers they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 27/10/2020 at 15:08, Manny said:

Ours (Shaun) is spewing like mad. He's always been a sickly bugger, but it's got much worse recently - he's sometimes sick three times a day and can barely keep food down. The vet says he's got chronic feline calicivirus which makes him get ulcers in his mouth or something - she gave him some steroids and he was like a new beast for two weeks, but the vomiting is back again now. He's also had tests for allergies and is allergic to all sorts of food - we've avoided anything with those in but still it continues. Booked him in for more roids now, seems to be the only thing that does the trick.

Anyway here he is not spewing, which is a rarity.

IMG_0852.jpg

Well, he lasted another month but after a weekend of not eating anything and then finding some blood in some vomit, he went to the vet and an x-ray has revealed a massive tumour in his intestine. They could have operated but there was no guarantee of success or survival for much longer afterwards so he's had to stay at the vets to be put into a long sleep.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I've never had a pet before and this is just a truly gut-wrenching experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

Well, he lasted another month but after a weekend of not eating anything and then finding some blood in some vomit, he went to the vet and an x-ray has revealed a massive tumour in his intestine. They could have operated but there was no guarantee of success or survival for much longer afterwards so he's had to stay at the vets to be put into a long sleep.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I've never had a pet before and this is just a truly gut-wrenching experience.

I feel for you mate, it is a horrible thing to go through. If you're anything like me, you'll feel a bit better in a week or two.

Condolences.

• Upvote 1

On 26/11/2020 at 13:44, Mook said:

I may have mentioned before about the time my Mum & Dad's cat went missing. She was about 17 years old at the time and there was a busy road near the house, so we resigned ourselves to the thought that she just wasn't as good at judging traffic as she used to be. 

About 6 months later, she just strolled in, with no fuss, mosied up to the food cupboard and gave me a "well? What are you waiting for?" look.

A couple of weeks after that there was an advert in the local paper from someone who lived about half a mile away, saying that her cat "Dolly" was missing.  The timing and the description were a bit suspicious. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

And the couch.

He's not happy unless he's sitting on you purring, sleeping or having manic sessions running into everything. 

Loves waking me up at 5am for breakfast by the loudest crying.  Most vocal wee loveable bastard ever. 

• Upvote 1

On 03/11/2020 at 13:22, Mook said:

IMG-20201102-WA0002.jpg

What an absolutely gorgeous cat.

Couldn't resist sending this pic to the missus, fully expect to have draft adoption papers stapled to my head by this afternoon.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, neko said:

cute - love the cat pillow in the background

i suggest a 'best cat pics of 2020'...got a couple of days to work on it.

your pics, and your favorite internet cat pics categories.

Baker & Dusty

20201114_235847.jpg

FB_IMG_1595334297599.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, neko said:

cute - love the cat pillow in the background

i suggest a 'best cat pics of 2020'...got a couple of days to work on it.

your pics, and your favorite internet cat pics categories.

The cat cushion in the background is of Kes. A fallen furry friend.  There’s 3 other cushions around the house of the other fallen furry friends. 

Best cat pic? Hmmm...

I’ll see what I have. 

• Upvote 1

I've decided on the formal rules - don't want it to simply be a beauty contest.

Need to submit a brief / resume for the cat as well. No good just rolling over and being cute like Baker. Cats need to have character. Maybe Baker likes dry humping toys or shitting on pillows ? Not so cute then.

We can vote and the winner gets 'TLW Cat of the year' award, and all the prestige and accolades that come with the title. Also, can't vote for your own cat, or this would end in everyone getting one vote each for their own pet.

Entries by post before December 31st.

Can't imagine dog people being smart enough to do something like this.

14 minutes ago, neko said:

I've decided on the formal rules - don't want it to simply be a beauty contest.

Need to submit a brief / resume for the cat as well. No good just rolling over and being cute like Baker. Cats need to have character. Maybe Baker likes dry humping toys or shitting on pillows ? Not so cute then.

We can vote and the winner gets 'TLW Cat of the year' award, and all the prestige and accolades that come with the title. Also, can't vote for your own cat, or this would end in everyone getting one vote each for their own pet.

Entries by post before December 31st.

Can't imagine dog people being smart enough to do something like this.

Baker is fucking everything in sight at the moment, Dusty is not impressed.

I think you might have to start a separate thread for the Cat of the Year Award in order for it to work.

29 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

How are they getting on now ?

It's a strange one, half the time they're pals & the other half they're scrapping. Most of it seems to be play fighting though. Him trying to rattle her doesn't help.

Dusty spends her nights in the living room with us now which has made me happy because I missed her that month she was refusing to come in.