You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

@Mook How are relations between your two now ? 

Not great, she's still refusing to come in to the living room. They had a territorial battle on the stairs the other day which was quite intriguing (she won).

One thing I've realised recently though is that Dusty (the older one) is a stone cold killer, we've got mice in this new house & she's going through them like Keith Moon went through drum sticks. Absolutely ruthless.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not great, she's still refusing to come in to the living room. They had a territorial battle on the stairs the other day which was quite intriguing (she won).

One thing I've realised recently though is that Dusty (the older one) is a stone cold killer, we've got mice in this new house & she's going through them like Keith Moon went through drum sticks. Absolutely ruthless.

Fighting over the vantage point that is the high ground. My two used to be exactly the same.

Furnando being a former street cat from Mexico, does tend to wander the neighbourhood.

He is such a friendly, good-natured gato and attracts a lot of admirers. Most evenings I walk down the street to collect him, and he jumps out of someone's yard and follows me home by my side, meowing at me all the way. 

I usually talk to him in spanish as well. People out for walks tend to stare as we walk past.

Love that cat (he's on my lap right now)

Pic of him at our casa in Mexico before we brought him to Vancouver...

6fGbwGh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

So we took our Gato Rui to the vet. He got tested for FIV/leukaemia and came back negative. Great news, we can now get him microchipped and neutered. 
We are still unsure what to do about his leg. The original X-ray showed he fractured his leg and it healed without being treated. This means he hops around. The vet said he’d be fine but we think as he’s still young it might me better if they re-broke his leg and get it set properly. The vet here in Portugal seems fairly basic, I’m wondering if there’s somewhere online we can get some advice?

14 hours ago, El Diego said:

So we took our Gato Rui to the vet. He got tested for FIV/leukaemia and came back negative. Great news, we can now get him microchipped and neutered. 
We are still unsure what to do about his leg. The original X-ray showed he fractured his leg and it healed without being treated. This means he hops around. The vet said he’d be fine but we think as he’s still young it might me better if they re-broke his leg and get it set properly. The vet here in Portugal seems fairly basic, I’m wondering if there’s somewhere online we can get some advice?

Great news. Hope you get his leg sorted out for him. 

59 minutes ago, Mook said:

Dusty has just brought a live bat into the house, a fucking bat. This is obviously what happens when she's run out of mice to torture.

I had to chuck it out, I was a bit wary of it to be honest.

Don’t fucking eat it whatever you do!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1