You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

How is the other cat (is it Art?) getting on with the new arrival?

He's been ok generally, the hissing has stopped & there's the odd rammy but we're over the worst I think.

Their names are Art & Dusty.

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mook said:

That was suggested & votoed, mainly because she's female.

Ah, Simone then......Simone and Art...third cat Garfunkel. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Mook said:

If a third cat shows up, I'm moving out.

Hahaha. I shall rep when reloaded and ready to go. Lovely little cat btw. Our daughter is thinking of getting one since she moved into her own house. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Art has got a lump on his coupon so we took him to the vet, £160 to get a test done on it which has been inconclusive (as predicted by me). The vet phoned me tonight & quoted me £900 for a biopsy, x-rays & blood tests to establish what it is.

She said we have three options

A - Pay £900 to find out what it is

B - Try one thing at a time to figure it out (which could potentially be more expensive in the long run)

C - Leave it & see how he goes (there is fuck all else up with him other than the lump to be fair)

What should we do? We have the money but that's going to make a huge dent in our savings. If he was displaying any other symptoms of ill health I would just pay up but it feels a bit like I'm going to pay over a grand here to find out there's nothing wrong with him.

This is exactly why I said I didn't want any pets six years ago but women never listen do they.

• Upvote 1

I'd go for C, as much as you might like him as a pet, you can't put yourself at risk, especially if you're still thinking of moving house. If he's not in any obvious distress, then that's probably the better option.

I know it's expensive, but pet insurance or at least putting the equivalent amount of money aside each month is a must because vet bills are outrageous. We went with PetPlan who are pricey but pay up and cover conditions for life rather than per renewal or up to a certain amount- doesn't help now obvisouly, but something to conisder in the future.

• Upvote 2

How old is Art mate? Our Charlie is 15 and he's got a couple of lumps on his body. Given his age the vets not worried about them, and they don't seem to be bothering him.

So yeah, if he's scratching at it and it seems to be distressing him, get it seen to. If not, I would just leave it. If the situation changes, think about getting it looked at. Best of luck mate. 

• Upvote 2

We got Art 6 years ago as a rescue so not sure how old he is but he's 7 or older, he's put on the beef in the last 12 months which makes me think he's getting on a bit.

We got insurance for both cats a couple of weeks back, too late for this lump but we'll be covered in future.

Thanks for the input anyway, taken on board.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mook said:

We got Art 6 years ago as a rescue so not sure how old he is but he's 7 or older, he's put on the beef in the last 12 months which makes me think he's getting on a bit.

We got insurance for both cats a couple of weeks back, too late for this lump but we'll be covered in future.

Thanks for the input anyway, taken on board.

Sorry about Art Mark. I'd go for C. They are bloody strong animals and they have an ability to sort themselves out.

All the best Art.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...