You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Football Books Thread

Paul

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Went on a spŕee on ebay for a load of football and boxing books. Mostly for next year as I plan to get a nice covered seating areas outside,so will spend more time reading. 

Oh and a new canvas print for above the drink shelves in my tv/games room

20220805_192310.jpg

20220805_192337.jpg

20220805_192355.jpg

Brilliant selection there, though I’d love to read updates/sequels to Morbo and Calcio.

8 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m sure the Paul McGrath autobiography has been mentioned in this thread and many others. 

His daughter in law is good mates with the missus and he’s in a good place at the moment. He has a positive relationship with his son and is actively involved with the grandkids. 

Not sure why I mention it but it really moved me hearing that last night. 

His display against Italy in 1994 is still the most astonishing I’ve seen from a centre half not named Virgil. Brilliant, brilliant footballer and a man who has been through so much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

His display against Italy in 1994 is still the most astonishing I’ve seen from a centre half not named Virgil. Brilliant, brilliant footballer and a man who has been through so much. 

One of my favourite all time non red footballers. 

His autobiography is fucking brutal. 

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

McGrath was a hell of player. Played a hell of a lot of games each year for Villa as well considering his knees were already in bad shape when he signed for them.

McGrath almost took Villa to another title back in the late 80s and again three years later but they couldnt quite get it done. Should have won more as a player though. For a Man U player he was pretty likeable too.