You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moyes

WaltonRed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He just attacked Riley for being a Manc Supporter too!!

Wow, just looked that up and read about it, cheers. He's definitely gone up a lot in my estimation too, because I cannot stand some of the stuff that ref does and think that there's maybe some deeper problems with him too. Link for anyone else :

MOYES QUESTIONS RILEY APPOINTMENT | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

If there's was one ref I could pick to not be in charge of a big game I was watching, it'd easily be him first, not even a second's hesitation.

Sue Johnston talked about it on Saturday, said she felt nothing but friendly rivalry for Everton because she remembers the club's response to the disaster, and remembers the fans linking a trail of blue and red scarves from Goodison to Anfield.

It's a sad state of affairs though where Moyes should get credit for coming to a memorial in the city where he works, I see what you're saying WaltonRed, but I just think it's a sign of how bad things have got that we should be grateful for something so simple. Afterall, it's only football.

With regards the bile between the two clubs, I don't think I'm out of order in saying that it's 90% one way, and there's not much we can do about that - except maybe get relegated.

It really put things into perspective when I read his comments the other day:

David Moyes, manager of Liverpool's bitter local rivals Everton, said the tragedy united a city normally divided by football passions.

"It could have been any football club, it just turned out to be Liverpool. That situation then could have happened to anyone at that time," said Moyes.

"It is something that hopefully we will never see again.

“Hillsborough has had a great impact on me since I arrived on Merseyside as Everton manager seven years ago, as it did when it happened and I was still a player.

“I remember the day it happened – word was filtering through and I heard about it at half-time.

“Nobody initially understood it at the time. I was brought up in Glasgow where we had the Ibrox disaster where lots of Rangers supporters were killed on that day in something similar.

“But now I am reading about it, listening on the radio and watching TV and you realise that people went to a football match and never came back.

“And for all the rivalry we have got between each other, blue and red in this city, it is only a game we play and you go to matches wearing your colours.

“I remember doing that with my dad as a young boy, a lot of parents take their children to games. But that time they did not come home, and that is something that should never have been allowed to happen.

"Let's just hope that it never does again. And in some way I hope for the people who have lost loved ones and had their time grieving, that the memorial service at Anfield will make it a little bit easier for them."

He didn't have to say anything and he certainly didn't have to attend yesterday. Respect to him for that.

Fair play to Gollum turning up yesterday to pay his respects. hes still a massive twat though nevertheless.

theres not a chance of rooting out the scum and bringing both clubs closer if you done that then 90% of them wouldnt be supporting the shite.

Ive seen enough the last few years but the FA Cup this year was disgraceful, the things they were saying was shocking...

Ive never liked them and I have always disliked them and the scum around the same but after witnessing twice this season what I saw they have excelled themselves in my level of hatred for them, considering what it apparently used to be like and what its like now such a change is unreal.

Ive never witnessed what it used to be like, but speaking from what ive seen all they are to me and all they ever will be to me is horrible jelouse bitter blue nose cunts and each and everyone of them can go and fuck themselves with a shitty stick.

Ive never witnessed what it used to be like, but speaking from what ive seen all they are to me and all they ever will be to me is horrible jelouse bitter blue nose cunts and each and everyone of them can go and fuck themselves with a shitty stick.

Isn't that one of the main problems that stops some of us from getting on with them though? Tarnishing them all with the same brush just seems completely pointless.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
when did he do this?

After the Derby in company of his hangers on, the snivelling little shithouse

Allegedly of course

Who said he FA have no sense of humour ?

Steve Bennett was the original ref until he got injured , with Riley as back up.

Fairly clever move by Moyes in that every decision of Riley will be analysed closely now.

Fair play to Gollum turning up yesterday to pay his respects. hes still a massive twat though nevertheless.

theres not a chance of rooting out the scum and bringing both clubs closer if you done that then 90% of them wouldnt be supporting the shite.

Ive seen enough the last few years but the FA Cup this year was disgraceful, the things they were saying was shocking...

Ive never liked them and I have always disliked them and the scum around the same but after witnessing twice this season what I saw they have excelled themselves in my level of hatred for them, considering what it apparently used to be like and what its like now such a change is unreal.

That is out of line. Some of my best friends are Bitters and they may moan now and again but they are not too bad and know exactly what Hillsborough is all about. I went to the Memorial Service with my best mate yesterday and he is a blue. He was as upset as anyone there and to say they are all cunts is a cuntish thing to say.

They have a fucking horrible certain section of fans but to say they are all cunts is wrong.

Moyes on the other hand is a big factor as to why the animosity has grown in recent years and he can fuck right off.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Nothing but respect and admiration for the amount of Evertonians who made it to Anfield yesterday, many of them were hurt by the disaster as we were.

Fathers, brothers, sisters and mates were lost to them.

Yes, they have gobshites, plenty of them, so do we.

But just because Moyes took time out to attend will not make me revise my opinion of him, I think it's best left at that

Guest alscarface

He had no choice but to turn up , being the Manager of Everton.

I think he personally has instilled hatred between the clubs in his six year reign.

As the manager of Everton, when the whole city is making a huge effort to mark the 20th anniversary. It would look pretty smalltime, even for them, if he didn't. As I said above, if he didn't, wouldn't questions be raised? What excuse would he have not to attend?

Good on him.

Rafa started in Jan but it needs other managers & the media to get involved if we are to have any chance of cleaning the PL up

Ultimately people had to go to open jail in Italy & that is probably the endgame here as well