You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brownie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's class off the pitch - a true gent.

My point was that if you are looking to critice all the time I really dont think you really like him, especially not when the broad concensus is that he was awesome.

I criticise Kuyt a lot, but I never say I really like him in the same post, just to justify the criticism.

Why do people criticising Alonso always add that they really like him?

Alright then `I hate him I think he`s a cunt`.

Just because somebody can see someone elses faults doesn`t mean they cant like them.

I like Kuyt but don`t think hes very good.

Alternatively drogba is a brilliant footballer but I think hes a cunt of the first order.

So in summary I think Drogba is a better player than Kuyt but I like kuyt and detest drogba.

Not having a go at you in person derykw and I actually feel a bit bad about negging you now, I`ll make it up to you when I can, but this is something I have noticed and I just dont understand it.

Especially not since its usually the same people doing it every time he has been one of our if not our best player.

I feel its got something to do with them taking the Barry side in the summer and they cant admit what a great player he is for some reason.

Again, not saying this goes for you, but I would be surprised if its not the truth for a few of the regular Xabi bashers.

So why not leave out the I really like him bit when you critice most of the time?

Not having a go at you in person derykw and I actually feel a bit bad about negging you now, I`ll make it up to you when I can, but this is something I have noticed and I just dont understand it.

Especially not since its usually the same people doing it every time he has been one of our if not our best player.

I feel its got something to do with them taking the Barry side in the summer and they cant admit what a great player he is for some reason.

Again, not saying this goes for you, but I would be surprised if its not the truth for a few of the regular Xabi bashers.

So why not leave out the I really like him bit when you critice most of the time?

No problem with the negging it really isnt important.

As for adding `that I like him but` speaking for myself I think its just my way of trying to show that its nothing personal. I don`t like criticizing the club or the players but I just call things as I see them and Im happy to take the flak that may come my way bacause of that.

As for barry I know very little about him tbh as i dont watch much footie outside of LFC so I`ve got no views on him either way.

I don't think many actually criticise him per se , I just think that some forumites ( myself included ) don't think he is quite as fantastic on the pitch as others on here do.

The fact that it is impossible not to love Xabi the person leads to a sense of guilt in mentioning the above opinion hence the rider in most cases.

BTW , did anybody notice Xabi's chin beating Skrtel's head in a catchweight contest.

I dont know what the situation is regarding Xabi's contract, or if he is as many say, leaving the club at the end of the season. I just dont have any details.

I only know one thing: I dont want Gareth Barry. I don't want to lose Xabi, he is pure class. The best passer of the ball in Europe, maybe the world.

XABI PLEASE STAY...Red is your colour....

I'm so proud of every single one of them. Xabi Alonso is my favourite Liverpool player but do ya know what? every single man in a red short fought like their lives depended on it.

To every single one of you: you have my respect. For everything you've done tonight, o don't think I could find fault with anything.

You made the shirt respectable.

Credit to every single one of you.

JFT96.

He was excellent, but particularly in the first half. I would definitely echo the sentiments above about being immensely proud of all of our players. Rarely has a defeat left me feeling as good as that.

After Gerrard and Carr I think Xabi is now our third captain.

Strong perfromance from him tonight. Surely he can't be sold, he's fucking brilliant.

have to say xabi rates higher than both of those for me this season - he is now up there with the all-time great liverpool midfielders.

Carra was very poor last night