You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Proud of our lads there.

Juan Galonso

Okay we have conceded 7 goals in 2 games and let in some really terrible goals but I am really proud of how our lads went about it tonight and had a right go. I have been a glass half empty kind of guy with Rafa over the past year and even tonight his Torres substitution was baffling to say the least but that is nitpicking slightly I suppose.

Resting him for a game in a weeks time was tantamount to throwing the towel in although we have seen that before at Reading last year from him. We are Liverpool. We never throw in the towel. He should have stayed on as that turn and shot shows he is capable of moments of brilliance even when he is quiet in the game.

We wanted a performance from them and we got it. I am GUTTED we aren't through but this week of all weeks it doesn't hurt as much as it normally would do.

Pride restored after the disappointing performance last week and the fans sounded fantastic down there and did us proud like the players did.

We are scoring goals freely now and it is great to see and I hope the manager learns from his experiences this season in going out to win games from the off rather than not to lose. If he shows that mentality like he has shown recently then with the right additions in the right areas next season we will take some stopping.

We know what we have to play for this season now. Show the attacking intent we showed tonight and have shown in recent weeks then we won't go far wrong.

Although Babel seemingly yawning on the bench has finished with me once and for all. Get rid.

Fair play to Clive Tyldsley as well tonight. He is probably my favourite commentator out there. He plugged the Hillsborough Memorial Service tomorrow and he had kind words about us all night and seemed to be rooting for us and his dig at Chelsea fans with free flags and us bringing our own was class. For a United fan he is okay.

Edited by Juan Galonso

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am too John but it angers me to say the least tht had even a fifth of that attitude been displayed last wednesday; we'd be going to the Nou camp in two weeks time.

For me the players , and not the manager, have shown where they think the priority is. The spirit tonight was fantastic and deeply commendable. Even when they'd scored their 4th Xabi was still rushing to our goal to get the ball. I can't even have a go at certain players over their performances because I admire the way they kept plugging away.

Think I'm off out for a drink.

I am very proud of the players and the fans to, when you see them gobshite Chelsea fans with their plastic flags booing off their own team it makes you appreciate being raised to support a proper team like the Reds with fellow proper fans.

I am too John but it angers me to say the least tht had even a fifth of that attitude been displayed last wednesday; we'd be going to the Nou camp in two weeks time.

For me the players , and not the manager, have shown where they think the priority is. The spirit tonight was fantastic and deeply commendable. Even when they'd scored their 4th Xabi was still rushing to our goal to get the ball. I can't even have a go at certain players over their performances because I admire the way they kept plugging away.

Think I'm off out for a drink.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the attitude of the players last week mate we just played poorly on the night. Look at it this way if we could have defended corners properly last week we would have gotten away with a 1-1 draw despite playing badly.

Just hope we can really kick on for the rest of the season now. Baffling though that we conceded 4 in 45 minutes like. I didn't see that at half time.

Okay we have conceded 7 goals in 2 games and let in some really terrible goals but I am really proud of how our lads went about it tonight and had a right go. I have been a glass half empty kind of guy with Rafa over the past year and even tonight his Torres substitution was baffling to say the least but that is nitpicking slightly I suppose.

Resting him for a game in a weeks time was tantamount to throwing the towel in although we have seen that before at Reading last year from him. We are Liverpool. We never throw in the towel. He should have stayed on as that turn and shot shows he is capable of moments of brilliance even when he is quiet in the game.

We wanted a performance from them and we got it. I am GUTTED we aren't through but this week of all weeks it doesn't hurt as much as it normally would do.

Pride restored after the disappointing performance last week and the fans sounded fantastic down there and did us proud like the players did.

We are scoring goals freely now and it is great to see and I hope the manager learns from his experiences this season in going out to win games from the off rather than not to lose. If he shows that mentality like he has shown recently then with the right additions in the right areas next season we will take some stopping.

We know what we have to play for this season now. Show the attacking intent we showed tonight and have shown in recent weeks then we won't go far wrong.

Although Babel seemingly yawning on the bench has finished with me once and for all. Get rid.

Fair play to Clive Tyldsley as well tonight. He is probably my favourite commentator out there. He plugged the Hillsborough Memorial Service tomorrow and he had kind words about us all night and seemed to be rooting for us and his dig at Chelsea fans with free flags and us bringing our own was class. For a United fan he is okay.

I agree with every word of that mate, pride well and truely restored.

Looking at the positives now , we have only the league games to concentrate on & rather than skulking from a defeat as we could have been , we are going away with our reputation enhanced & have put on a awesome performance to worry any future foes.

All this from a 2-man team , who had only 1 of the 2 playing & he was anonymous on the night.

Bring on number 19.

This has been a truly bizarre season. We've been top of the league playing sterile, awful stuff, witnessed an apparent death by a thousand draws as The Mancs supplanted us at the summit and then suddenly burst into life playing the most dangerous and exciting brand of football we've witnessed in, well, decades arguably.

Rafa has driven me fucking mad with many of his decisions - and not just this season, either - but something great is in the post; I can feel it. I hope that something comes before the end of May (for the 96 as much as anything else), but if it doesn't, I know it'll be next season.

We've looked easily the best team in England this last month or so - last week notwithstanding - and it doesn't look fragile either; his instructions look fully embedded throughout the squad. Clearly there are still significant issues to be addressed and Rafa needs to make these sorts of performances the norm, not the belated exception. However, I just want to say how much he's impressed me since Madrid. This is what supporting Liverpool is all about - great football, great character and the promise of trophies. That's the Liverpool Way and it looks like Rafa might finally have begun to get it.

So, yes I'm really proud of our boys. But I'm really proud of Rafa tonight too.

Edited by Paul

Top post John, proud but not out. Never has 'were concentrating on the league' been more of a battlecry.

The match tonight reminded me of one of my fave films and made me think of this, the clunk at the end with the sigh is Lumpard scoring the 4th. (Lucas playing Flash of course)

[YOUTUBE]B85wrHCIYr0[/YOUTUBE]

Couldn't agree more, sometimes it's not winning but walking away with your head held high that counts.

Really, really proud tonight of a bunch of young lads from across the world who by rights can't be expected to truly understand what this week is all about. Fantastic effort

I think Lucas did as well ten minutes from time when Drogba won a free-kick.

The boy Leiva has really gone up in my estimation as well tonight.

True. For all his football weaknesses, he's a real proper lad. I am desperate for him to succeed over here, great mentality he's got that boy. Same for Kuyt.

Spot on, John. I'm really proud of them tonight.

One man has gone even further up in my estimations tonight, which I didn't think was possible.

Xabi Alonso was a fucking gladiator tonight.

Not to single one man out Ian but he was class tonight, I had to laugh at one time he nearly knocked Skirtle out.

I also think, tonight showed how much we missed Mascherano from the first leg. Not crying over spilt milk but I do think he would have made a difference.

All said and done well played to a man and yes, very proud.