You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Inbetweeners

Faustus

2 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Part of me would love a follow up like a reunion just to see what the Character are up to as adults but it would be crap and I don’t want it to ruin its legacy. It could have gone on longer than it did as a series but they went out still on top and it’s much better for it.

I think that's why they made the second film feel so outlandish (Mr. Gilbert shagging Wills mum) as a way to put off any temptation to make another movie. The show wouldn't work with the characters as adults

• 10 months later...
10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

There was an episode on earlier while I was browsing so I've started it again from the start. Fucking brilliant. The little sly comments from Jay are comedy gold. 

It's incredibly rewatchable. The sign of a great comedy.

• Upvote 3

The best thing about the show is it lends itself well to repeat viewing of single episodes, quite often I'll stumble on a random episode and start watching.

It also benefits from getting made just before all of the PC box ticking shows have to go through these days on order to get made. If it was being made today it would be shite, 'oh hang guys on you can't say gayboys or bumders, and can we have a rethink on bus wankers as that could offend certain sections of the public, also taking the piss out of Neil every episode just because his dad is gay? Yeah guys, that's going to have to be taken out too'

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It also benefits from getting made just before all of the PC box ticking shows have to go through these days on order to get made. If it was being made today it would be shite, 'oh hang guys on you can't say gayboys or bumders, and can we have a rethink on bus wankers as that could offend certain sections of the public, also taking the piss out of Neil every episode just because his dad is gay? Yeah guys, that's going to have to be taken out too'

Nah. "PC gone mad" is no worse now than it was in 2008. Even all those millions of years ago, people complained about sexist and homophobic language in real life, but didn't mind if a comedy show had clueless teenage nobheads talking like clueless teenage nobheads.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I am quite surprised it hasn't come in for more criticism considering you can say Chelsea rent boys any more.

The head in the bottle bank clip is genius.

You do realise, don't you, that there's a difference between comedy characters (especially ones who are nobheads and losers) using homophobic slurs in a fictional telly show and crowds of people shouting homophobic abuse in real life?

46 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You do realise, don't you, that there's a difference between comedy characters (especially ones who are nobheads and losers) using homophobic slurs in a fictional telly show and crowds of people shouting homophobic abuse in real life?

1st is superb

2nd is not as good but still has its moments (wills rant about middle class walkers on their 'gap yah'

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

What's the thoughts on the films ?

Normally comedy show spin-off films are pretty horrendous but I think these are pretty good. The first a bit better than the second.

Yeah they're class, the first one is a perfect recreation of a lads' holiday, right down to falling in love with the PR Girl and  the random pillhead who latches on to you. 

• Upvote 2