You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham fans - Shocking info.

Flying Pig

A lot of people in London will see "going to the match" in the same terms as "going to the theatre". It would just be a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. Win or lose who cares, as long as we have had a jolly good day out.

I was talking to the londener in work today (a manc obviously) and he said when he moved up he was overwhelmed by the Liverpool(as a city)'s love for football. He said that down south they talk about news the next day in work on lunch breaks, whereas we are always up to date with the latest news and talk about it constantly. This sort of backs up what pete t said - welcome to the forum by the way

A lot of people in London will see "going to the match" in the same terms as "going to the theatre". It would just be a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. Win or lose who cares, as long as we have had a jolly good day out.

That's kind of what I was thinking, especially in West London. There's probably a lot of floating supporters aswell.

Don't think it's a bad thing either way though really. I know Fulham have done a lot of community stuff in the last few years and they get involved with local schools, probably a lot more than Chelsea who are more interested in taking over the world than looking after their local and long term fans.

This may well be the wrong time to make this point (leaving it 24 hours or so might be wiser), but I'm developing something of a soft spot for Fulham. I mean I've always loved The Murph, but Roy Hodgson seems like a genuinely nice fella and an astute manager to boot, and their performance and result against The Mancs the other week was ace. This is another star on their chart.

his manc loving interviews were horrible

This may well be the wrong time to make this point (leaving it 24 hours or so might be wiser), but I'm developing something of a soft spot for Fulham. I mean I've always loved The Murph, but Roy Hodgson seems like a genuinely nice fella and an astute manager to boot, and their performance and result against The Mancs the other week was ace. This is another star on their chart.

Roy Hodgson conducts his post-match interviews with Swedish telly in Swedish. fair play to him.

Apparently kelvin mckenzie has ben asking sun readers to suggest if he should stop supporting charlton and move to another club (think it was QPR) as he thinks charlton are crap. apparently he has "supported" charlton for 12 years having previoulsy given up on another london club. the man has no redeeming features though this was fairly apparent before

Roy Hodgson conducts his post-match interviews with Swedish telly in Swedish. fair play to him.

He's a real enigma. He reads books, for one thing. Imagine Allardyce reading a book (that didn't have the words 'Janet' or 'John', or 'Kipper the dog' on the cover). He's also coached some really good teams. He also sounds like he's just escaped from being interfered with by Uriah Heep, or slipped out the cemetary in Great Expectations, and, as has been noted above, he's taken to climbing up Slur Drinkalot's reception area this season. So he's an oddity. I just hope he's werry, werry, unhappy tomorrow.

A lot of Chelsea fans used to be Fulham fans though, so maybe they're just switching back.

When Chelsea implode it'll be like the break up of the soviet union, and all the cockneys who've been compacted into this one grey, centrally run, media controlling monolithic slab of a state will return to the allegiances of their fathers. Fulham will be like the Ukraine.

chelsea10a.jpg

veteran11507_wideweb__470x370,0.jpg

Their fans were alright before the match yesterday. A few of us were talking to one who'd 'been coming here for 65 years.' He looked about 65 so may have been exaggerating 5 or 10 years. He was confident but realistic, and said he hopes we win the league, as long as we didn't get points yesterday.