You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson and McGregor

JohnnyH

Now sent home by Rangers also. Why is Walter Smith punishing players for indiscipline on International duty? He's stripped Ferguson of the Rangers Captaincy because he got jarred before a Scotland game. Very strange to drag this Internationaal issue into the club.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he's meant to have been doing the 'I've an itchy face and I'm scratching it with my 2 fingers while looking at you' routine to the cameras the other night while on the bench. Laughable really.

I saw that. The two of them were very clearly at it. However, it was on International duty. I can't understand why Rangers are punishing them though.

I saw that. The two of them were very clearly at it. However, it was on International duty. I can't understand why Rangers are punishing them though.

Because he represents Rangers while away on international duty. I can't belive they'd be so stupid, especially when they were in the wrong in the first instance.

I'm glad Rangers have taken the stance they have, footballers think they can do whatever they want these days. Most clubs would let them get away with this because they're important players.

Agree with Johnny H here .

If Steven Gerrard was messing around with England , would anybody here want Rafa to axe him from our captaincy.

Put it another way, would you want the captain of Liverpool staying up drinking until God knows what time on international duty and then sitting there flicking the V's when he's been caught out? I know I wouldn't, regardless of who the captain or the country was.

If Ferguson and McGregor would have held their hands up and said sorry it would have been forgotten about. They haven't though, they don't think they've done anything wrong and have acted like a couple of pricks.

Put it another way, would you want the captain of Liverpool staying up drinking until God knows what time on international duty and then sitting there flicking the V's when he's been caught out? I know I wouldn't, regardless of who the captain or the country was.

If Ferguson and McGregor would have held their hands up and said sorry it would have been forgotten about. They haven't though, they don't think they've done anything wrong and have acted like a couple of pricks.

No, I wouldn't want Stevie doing that. However, if he did, I expect England to discipline him, but not Liverpool. In fact I'd be very fucked off if Rafa did.

No, I wouldn't want Stevie doing that. However, if he did, I expect England to discipline him, but not Liverpool. In fact I'd be very fucked off if Rafa did.

Scotland disciplined him for the first thing but there's not much more they can do for the second. They can't fine him (as they don't pay his wages) and if they drop them for the next game then it's dragging on and could well hinder their qualification chances.

The players have embarrassed their club and I applaud the club for taking a stand. I didn't expect them to but fair play to them I say. It's not as if they've sacked them, just punished them in a way that they think reflect their actions. Ferguson's behaviour wasn't an act befitting the captain of Rangers, so he's no longer the captain of Rangers. Seems fair enough to me.

Guest RafaIsRafa

I just see the V signs on SSN, fucking hell how childish can you get? In trouble already so start flicking sly v signs at the camera, they could of at least done it properly! Le Guen was right afterall.

I wouldnt give a fuck, given the shit that he personally, and Liverpool players generally, have had to put up with over the years.

I honestly wouldnt give a flying fuck.

Scotland disciplined him for the first thing but there's not much more they can do for the second. They can't fine him (as they don't pay his wages) and if they drop them for the next game then it's dragging on and could well hinder their qualification chances.

The players have embarrassed their club and I applaud the club for taking a stand. I didn't expect them to but fair play to them I say. It's not as if they've sacked them, just punished them in a way that they think reflect their actions. Ferguson's behaviour wasn't an act befitting the captain of Rangers, so he's no longer the captain of Rangers. Seems fair enough to me.

Too right, they've disgraced themselves and their clubs. If a Liverpool player did that I certainly wouldn't want to see them playing for Liverpool again never mind their national side.

Walter Smith apparently spoke to both of them before the game on Wednesday and the reason that he's been stripped of the captainacy is the petulance he and McGregor shown by sticking two fingers up to the cameras. The pair of them are a disgrace. Walter Smith was right to do what he did.