You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Off to that there London

WaltonRed

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He is going for a doctors appointment at Great Ormond Street. That means he has Aids. Therefore he is better nearer to Euston. Trust me. 

Right on the money. Its only mild shithouse Aids but still won't be going near a pub. Haven't got the time as booked back on train same day as appointment.

Canberra - one fucking record shop in the city centre, complete bollocks.

great for cycling though, set off saw what I thought was a small lake, I’ll go around that, every bend opened up more fucking lake. 16k circuit in the end, hit 60km an hour on the down slopes, which was pretty cool.

also it has an old school carousel in the city centre. Saw the following:

C548BA7F-64BB-442C-B8F2-7E2E77B3F27F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I've been working in that London for 3 months and do you know what I love about the place? Fuck all that's what. It's a bastard shithole. The beer is a fiver a go, A FUCKING FIVER, no wonder every cunt drinks meths. The company gives me £40 a day to live on and I haven't managed to skim a fucking bean off it. You can't pay cash on the bus, as if I'm going to pay my bus fare with plastic like some fucking student. The shitty chippies don't do gravy, they leave the skin on the fish, and you're lucky to get change from a tenner. You can't drink the tap water which I swear has a yellow tinge to it.  On the plus side I haven't been stabbed up yet.

25 minutes ago, jonnybastard said:

I've been working in that London for 3 months and do you know what I love about the place? Fuck all that's what. It's a bastard shithole. The beer is a fiver a go, A FUCKING FIVER, no wonder every cunt drinks meths. The company gives me £40 a day to live on and I haven't managed to skim a fucking bean off it. You can't pay cash on the bus, as if I'm going to pay my bus fare with plastic like some fucking student. The shitty chippies don't do gravy, they leave the skin on the fish, and you're lucky to get change from a tenner. You can't drink the tap water which I swear has a yellow tinge to it.  On the plus side I haven't been stabbed up yet.

It obviously isn’t a shithole. Well, parts of it are, but you get that everywhere. The ale might be expensive but there’s LOADS of excellent pubs. Plenty of decent places to eat, too, especially if you’re getting £40 expenses per day. That said, I’ve not been to London for a few years and wouldn’t be arsed if I never went again. The pace of life down there, especially in central London, wrecks my head.

11 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It obviously isn’t a shithole. Well, parts of it are, but you get that everywhere. The ale might be expensive but there’s LOADS of excellent pubs. Plenty of decent places to eat, too, especially if you’re getting £40 expenses per day. That said, I’ve not been to London for a few years and wouldn’t be arsed if I never went again. The pace of life down there, especially in central London, wrecks my head.

You are right, shithole is the wrong word. I just can't think of a word that sums up a place that is never quiet, never still, where I cannot find solitude or enjoy the peace it brings. If I'm honest I'd say my biggest problem with London is me, and my unwillingness to become the sort of person that can thrive in that environment. So it's a shithole.

• Upvote 2

Had a meeting in Twickenham earlier. On the Victoria line and some woman (clearly a CEO of some firm the way she was snarling people and wearing full on middle-aged bitch power shoes) purposefully hit another woman in the face with her bag because the woman beat her to the only seat in the carriage. Poor other woman wasn't paying attention whereas power cunt had got on after her and barged past people who were happily standing. i watched it all unfold and power cunt bitch looked at me after I did it and gave me a proper snarl. I just laughed at her. Fucking twats. Some things never change with that place. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Had a meeting in Twickenham earlier. On the Victoria line and some woman (clearly a CEO of some firm the way she was snarling people and wearing full on middle-aged bitch power shoes) purposefully hit another woman in the face with her bag because the woman beat her to the only seat in the carriage. Poor other woman wasn't paying attention whereas power cunt had got on after her and barged past people who were happily standing. i watched it all unfold and power cunt bitch looked at me after I did it and gave me a proper snarl. I just laughed at her. Fucking twats. Some things never change with that place. 

Shame the other bird didn't twat her back,harder.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Shame the other bird didn't twat her back,harder.

A really soft woman to be honest. Whispy hair, probably on her way to demonstrate about the climate. Easy target for a bully though. Fucking horrible witch. I'm just glad she knew that I knew she was a fucking cunt. 

One of these cunts but without any of the class. 

FaintLeftAfricanrockpython-size_restrict