You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi is my hero

The Party Boy

I think I love him more than I love my own mother.

He's a class act on and off the pitch. The complete polar opposite of everything Man U and Chelsea represent.

If we sell him in the summer it would be a mistake of fucking monumental proportions.

Spot on.

Little story.

Walking behind the centenary stand before the last man city game, a load of stewards were attempting to guide a large porsche cayenne 4x4 through the crowds ( this was about 2:30pm ). As it crawled past i noticed it was Xabi doing the driving.

Anyway, we went into the ground at the anny road end and i followed my match day ritual of buying a programme at the little booth right on the corner of the two stands ( always quiet as nobody seems to know its there. ). As i paid i heard a scouse voice say ' i know who yer are mate, but gimme a minute to sort this'. I turned round and saw it was Xabi, his missus and their little kid. They were right behind me at this point

His missus was putting their kid into a pushchair so i took the chance to shake his hand and in my best majorca spanglish say ' hola amigo como est as?' knowing full well that if he replied in spanish i was fucked. He smiled and said hello so i thanked him for that penalty in istanbul. Not wishing to further 'stalk' the bloke i fucked off.

As i walked back up to get my mate, i saw a dad with his young lad reading their programme. I told the dad that xabi was standing 20 feet away and he should try and get the boy's photo taken with him. This they did and the man was more than happy to pose for a few pics with the young lad and sign a few autographs.

A class act right enough. With a liver bird upon his chest.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will sum my feeling for this interview with two statements:

1. In the 1990's I was known on the football field as Big Jan

2. My first born son is called Xabi

Now where are those tissues

1. No, you were known as big cunt.

2. Your first born son's name is Tony Hibbert.

I love Jan. Last year the LFC legends were having a dinner at a dublin hotel so me and the old man went along. There was Tommo, Ronnie Whelan, Tommy Smith, Roy Evams and Big Jan. They all got up to do their own little 10 min speech. All good stuff and everyone was loving it. Then Big Jan grabs the mic an starts reminiscing on his first week as a Liverpool player in trial back in 1984. It was his last night in the city and decided to go on the piss. He managed to pull this blonde bird and brought her back to his hotel. They start going at it and his hands started wandering around the birds miniskirt. He got a quick slap on the face and was warned "hey! tits first love". Brilliant.

Alonso raises game with 'manly' guise

Saturday April 04 2009

LIVERPOOL'S Spanish international midfielder Xabi Alonso is in the best form of his career at the moment, and apparently it's all down to some horrible facial hair.

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque was asked to give his thoughts on why Alonso -- who scored the equaliser in his country's 2-1 win over Turkey in midweek -- has developed into such an important player for club and country.

And, according to the former Real Madrid manager, it's the result of cultivating a rather unattractive ginger beard.

"Alonso used to have a baby-faced appearance which didn't help his cause in the game. But this hairy beard he has developed has helped him find the strong, manly characteristics that he was previously missing," said Del Bosque.

"He has a serious 'I mean business' air about him now."

Should Liverpool go on to win a Premier League and Champions League double we will give this theory much more credence. Until then, one can only assume that Del Bosque was tired of spouting football cliches and went with the beardy explanation in order to liven up his press conferences.

Alonso raises game with 'manly' guise - Soccer, Sport - Independent.ie

Del Bosque knows.

Alonso was superb again today and his tackle led to the goal when it looked like Fulham were going to break forward.

Fair play to Lucas as well as i thought he had an impressive game as well.

Xabi & Lucas were excellent today.

On a minor point , I thought the tackle came in from Arbeloa.

"Horrible facial hair" Fuck off. It looks boss.

He was excellent today, he was looking to hurt the opposition that bit more today, one of the misguided criticisms that have been levelled at him, and he kept the play ticking over. Would I say (given that I don't consider Gerrard a midfielder) that Alonso is the top midfielder in the country today? You're fucking right I would.