You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2009 Grand National

bobhorse

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my mail to Bob last night, shame about Denman for my treble on the first thre but I managed to lay off the double stake. King's Destiny won atLeicester too. The rest is too hard for many bets.

"Big Bucks (Fair Along place)

Walkon (Starluck)

Denman (Albertas Run)

Agus A Vic (Trust Fund)

So far easy enough but then

5th race nothing fits the bill for me so I'll not be playing but any of:

Oh Crick, Poquelin, I'm So Lucky, Kilmackiloge (NR)

Chapoturgeon (Planet of Sound)

7th also impossible but shortlist:

Big Eared Fran, Sunnyhillboy, Eleazar and Mumbles Head

At Leicester watch out for King's Defence and Shemoli form Michael Jarvis.

Thoughts?"

A good day:yes:

I never thought I'd see the day when Denmans jumping let him down. Even if he had stayed up I think the Pipe horse had him covered.

I havent seen todays race, but he really didnt jump well on his seasonal debut at Newbury, clattered the first couple of fences and finished a long way second to Madison de Berlais that day. I thought he went well at Chletenham though so surprised to hear he has fallen today.

I havent seen todays race, but he really didnt jump well on his seasonal debut at Newbury, clattered the first couple of fences and finished a long way second to Madison de Berlais that day. I thought he went well at Chletenham though so surprised to hear he has fallen today.

He can be excused the Kempton run mind, but today he traveled well in the middle part of the race but was found wanting at the business end. When the pressure was on he jumped too early and went straight through the second last.

He can be excused the Kempton run mind, but today he traveled well in the middle part of the race but was found wanting at the business end. When the pressure was on he jumped too early and went straight through the second last.

why did i think that was newbury, getting mixed up with last year's hennessey.

i agree, seasonal debut after an injury it was always going to be tough that day.

i couldnt pick between him and kauto star for cheltenham so i did a reverse forecast, sadly a chunk of that win went on him today.

Iv been off line for most of the time the last few day as the painters have been in they finished thursday night so can but up som tips for tomorrow

1st race at Aintree

The 1st 4 in the betting has provided 14 of the last 18 winners

Nicky Henderson has had 17 runners in this race and none have won

5 of the last 6 runnings have been won by ex flat horses

9 of the last 12 won or fuinished 2nd on there last start

5 of the last 10 winners finished in the top 6 in the Supreme at Cheltenham

Somersby Red Malony and American Trilogy look like the main players the first 2 ran in the Supream at Cheltenham

2nd Race

25 of the last 27 had won at least 2 races that season

16 of the last 18 had won over 3miles

18 of the 20 winners where no older than 8y old

only 1 winner out of the last 20 was priced at 10/1 or bigger

6 of the last 7 ran at Cheltenham

Massini Maguire looks like the one here Seigmaster could be the one for the forecast

Race 3

A top 4 place LTO is a must

15 of the last 18 have won over 2m4f or further

10 of the last 14 finished placed in the Queen Mother at Cheltenham

Previous winners of this race have a good record when trying again

Ryanair at Cheltenham has provided 2of the last 3 winners

Voy Por Ustedes Last Years winner and Ryanair winner and Tidal Bay placed Queen Mother look like the two

Race 4

Horses 11+ are 0-83 just put a line through them

4 of the last 5 winners had ran ofer the national fence before

6 of the last 14 came from the Freddie Williams Festival plate (mildmay of Fleet)

12 of the last 16 had ran at least 7 times the season they won here

P Nicholls won this with Gwanako and broke a 20 horse losing streak i think he now has his eye in here and his runners need looking at

Gwanako and New Little Bric for me here

Race 5

The last 14 had all won at least twice

look for a horse that has placed or won almost all its races tis season

15 of the last 16 had ran at least 4 times that season

the last 14 horses to place in the Ballymore have been beaten a big negative for Karabak

10 of the last 15 had won over 3miles

6yolds and upwards have the best record here

Weapons Amnasty Pride of Dulcote On Ragglan Road

Race 6

All 21 winners had run at least 4 times that season

Novices have won the last 3 runnings

the last 13 wnners where rated between 124-134

Piraya Librate for me but not a race to be getting involved in

Race 7

Bumber you pays your money you makes your choice for me i look for something like a 1 raced animal who won and the two i like are Miss Overdrive and Cilli Rose

Good Luck if your playing

I quite fancy Nacarat to give Voy Por all he can handle on his Kempton form Bob. I thought that day that Aintree would suit him better and Voy Por looked a bit tired in the Ryan Air. Imperial Commander is a nice horse, but Voy Por should have pissed it at the festival. I know Voy Por reversed the Cheltenham placings last year with MasterMinded in this race, but I cant help thinking that he might get done again today.

Just put a bet on

First race: American Trilogy @ 11/4

second: Massinis Maguire @ 9/4

third race: Voy Por @ 6/4

fourth: Gwnako @ 8/1

fifth race: Karabak @ 2/1

sixth race: Kayf Aramis @ 9/1

seventh: Megasue @ 5/1

Most of them based on your tips BobHorse as Ive won a few quid before backing your tips.

Put an ew sixfold on it (even though theres seven selections??) cost me £28 all together.