You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham away 04/04/09....

satmann

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, how many extremes can a man encompass in 1 minute? Utter despair after having hit the crossbar/post 4 times and made a couple of other very decent chances, we were still sat at 0-0. Borderline mentalness on the mentalness scale when Benayoun scored.

And, given the current state of affairs, that was the best way to win this game (in retrospect). It increases the sense (for United's players) that perhaps it was just meant to be this way, and piles on the pressure ahead of their game tomorrow.

Relief. Blessed, beautiful relief.

The fans still singing as loud, if not louder, than they were at the start of the game. Outstanding support today from the travelling masses.

One of the highlights in the background to the after match interviews , was the ever more desperate announcer trying to get the Reds fans to ' move to the exits in an orderly fashion , please' , and being ignored studiously as the singing got louder.

If we had of dropped points today nobody could have been blamed for that today. We were totally unlucky but you could of bet Rafa would have been blamed for it.

We totally outclassed them today, Fair play lads, Fair fucking play lads.

If we had of dropped points today nobody could have been blamed for that today. We were totally unlucky but you could of bet Rafa would have been blamed for it.

We totally outclassed them today, Fair play lads, Fair fucking play lads.

Rafa cant be blamed for a brilliant perfomance from the team however in a must win game he made like for like substitutions rather than taking Lucas off and going 4-2-4.

Liverpool won but had he not I dont think id be the only one questioning his cautious substitutons but that is Rafa for you, his caution has been there all season.

Wow, this season has been incredible! We totally deserved that win but once again it looked like we'd blown it. The team must have so much belief now! Yossi, I've never been your biggest fan but you and Dirk have come up with some CRUCIAL goals late this season. We have a title race folks and we are right in the middle of it!!

COME ON VILLA!!!!

Guest RafaIsRafa
Rafa cant be blamed for a brilliant perfomance from the team however in a must win game he made like for like substitutions rather than taking Lucas off and going 4-2-4.

Liverpool won but had he not I dont think id be the only one questioning his cautious substitutons but that is Rafa for you, his caution has been there all season.

Not changing the formation doesnt make you cautious. We dominated the whole game creating chance after chance, there was absolutely no need to change the formation. Freshen up the personel yes, change formation no.

Nick, with Gerrard, Torres, Babel, Benayoun we were more or less playing with four up front.

Of course I've been one of his biggest critics of late, but he got it right today. The performance and result proved as much.

It was hardly a like for like substitution...oh why bother!

At times like this, when the pressure has been on us to deliver, we've generally failed to do so, but today was different.

We bossed the game and thoroughly deserved to be out of sight by half time.

C'mon Villa.

Jeez man, celebrate a little. We dominated that game. Did they even have a shot on target? At the end it all came down to patience and that team simply never gives up. That's been the difference this season, they believe until the whistle blows. Why would Rafa change the formation for the last 10 minutes when it was clear we were creating chances and just needed to take one? If we create a billion chances like we did its just a case of patience.

4-2-4 is not attacking, that's just stupid. People need to understand that sometimes 1 single forward creates more than 5. You're looking to build up, create chances, put people in positions to score. With 4-2-4 the only option is to play long ball.

Get yourself to the pub, Nick. Get drunk, get happy.

I know I will!

PS. Love you, Yossi, you Rebel Jew!

XXX