You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham away 04/04/09....

satmann

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yossi looks like he hasn't slept for a month! Or rafa's punched him in both eyes. Anyway, glorious! A key psychological thing is that in every match now, both us and the other team will know we can keep going, keep believing and score late. It was agony at the time, but in retrospect it's the ideal way to win it.

was jumping all over me bedroom when yossi scored. So so important, could see in rafas faces and body language that he knows we could do it, i still think that man u have got a fuck up in them. Hopefully it comes 2moz but even if they win i can see them dropping points. We never do things easy and this season has been a bastard to watch......but so good! Ye come on we WILL win the league. GET IN RED MEN!!!!!!!!

Fuck me, I've just screamed so much I had the neighbours banging on the wall, there's ale all over the wall, I've really fucked something up in my throat and then for no apparent reason, my eyes filled up. I think it's just hit home exactly what the chance of a title actually means to me.

My neighbour just knocked to check I'm OK , I screamed that loud.

GERRARD HAILS HERO YOSSI

Steven Gerrard has hailed Yossi Benayoun after the Israeli midfielder grabbed a last gasp winner at Fulham to send the Reds two points clear at the top of the table.

Benayoun crashed home an unstoppable shot deep into stoppage time to give Liverpool a thoroughly deserved three points after another dominant away performance from Rafael Benitez's men.

Liverpool now lead the title race by two points ahead of Manchester United's clash with Aston Villa tomorrow - and Gerrard believes Benayoun's dramatic strike could have massive consequences come the end of the season.

He said: "We knew before the game a draw or a defeat was no good to us. It was important to win to keep the pressure on Man United, and on Chelsea who also won today.

"It was a massive performance from the lads and on the day the result was the least we deserved. If I'm being honest, there were times when I thought it wasn't going to be for us today, but we kept going and Yossi popped up with a great goal.

"Yossi is a special player. He gets important goals for us and even though he doesn't play every game, I think he's close to double figures now so that shows how important he is to us and how important it is to have a good squad.

"If we keep playing with this level of confidence for the rest of the season then Yossi's goal could prove to be massive for us.

"We have to see how Man United get on against Villa tomorrow now. The important thing for us is to make sure United know they are in a title fight and we're doing that."

"remember United have won the league ten times since Liverpool last won it. And remember also that United are now only one behind Liverpool's total of 18. Babel..Benayoun..goal!"

Rammed that biased twat Champion's gloating words right down his fucking throat. Joyous.