You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McParland was a senior scout during the Houllier years and when Benitez took over. they should have all been fired for not signing Ronaldo and for all the shocking signings they made over that time.

not finding us any decent wingers or attackers was absolutely criminal and the best we've had in years cost a record amount. scouting genius

McParland was a senior scout during the Houllier years and when Benitez took over. they should have all been fired for not signing Ronaldo and for all the shocking signings they made over that time.

not finding us any decent wingers or attackers was absolutely criminal and the best we've had in years cost a record amount. scouting genius

They were spotted, it's not their fault if Ged & Phil decided to appoint Willy Mckay as chief scout*

Ronaldo

Cech

Robben

Essien

All scouted by Liverpool before anyone else.

*Allegedly.

No but the Home Grown rule, for some reason (see the Bosman article above), is deemed acceptable for the CL so it wouldn't be a surprise if it was extended to domestic leagues. UEFA have also been talking about restricting transfers of U18s. If they introduced that + the home grown rule you effectively have quotas and the word nationality wasn't mentioned once!

Doesnt have to! This 'idea' wont get off the ground since in Europe at least, it inhibits the 'free movement of labour,' a core principle of the EU.

Clubs or rather FIFA, UEFA, FA's etc can talk all they want but every idea falls at EU's anti restrictive legislation.

They were spotted, it's not their fault if Ged & Phil decided to appoint Willy Mckay as chief scout*

Ronaldo

Cech

Robben

Essien

All scouted by Liverpool before anyone else.

*Allegedly.

McParland was still here in 2006 when we were signing Pennant, etc. these scouts really bother me and strike me as Yes men.

Hardly inspiring but when Hiddink joins us in the summer then greatness will arrive

Hiddink will be one of your drinking buddies?! Watch him closely Nick, the crazy Dutch bastard will be introducing you to Warninks Advocaat....

Doesnt have to! This 'idea' wont get off the ground since in Europe at least, it inhibits the 'free movement of labour,' a core principle of the EU.

Clubs or rather FIFA, UEFA, FA's etc can talk all they want but every idea falls at EU's anti restrictive legislation.

Did you read the Bosman article?

I hate to be the one to point it out, but are not the academy team on the threshold of their 3rd youth cup final in 4 years and the reserves just off the bottom of the league with very very good players playing way way below themselves?

Yes. This is what confuses me too. The academy players aren't developing into first team players. Whereas the reserves and mini academy at Melwood seems to be producing shite.

Eaxactly. I don't hate McParland but I haven't heard of anything he has done in the scouting department or youth academies that marks him out as a stand out candidate. He is mates with Sammy and Rafa and that's about it. I know it caused a shit storm last time but this appointment stinks of "jobs for my mates".

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Eaxactly. I don't hate McParland but I haven't heard of anything he has done in the scouting department or youth academies that marks him out as a stand out candidate. He is mates with Sammy and Rafa and that's about it. I know it caused a shit storm last time but this appointment stinks of "jobs for my mates".

I didn't know McParland was Spanish?

What has he done scouting and academy wise that marks him out as a stand out candidate? What have I missed?

Snigger

Agger? He played against England... how can we credit McParland for finding international players? They are down to Rafa having the balls to given them a chance. And I ask again, what youth team credentials does he have apart from being Rafa and Sammy's mate?

Seriously, get to fuck

You tedious twat

I thought he was at Bolton/Watford when we signed Skrtel?

no doubt McParland is compiling reports on Downing or someone like that. I hope they prove me wrong but our scouts haven't really covered themselves in glory over the years, especially when it comes to attacking players

Agger? He played against England... how can we credit McParland for finding international players? They are down to Rafa having the balls to given them a chance. And I ask again, what youth team credentials does he have apart from being Rafa and Sammy's mate?

1. The best manager in the world thinks he's good enough to do the job

2. The biggest know-nothing whopper in the world doesn't think he's good enough to do the job