You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Because I think our transfer dealing's since the 2006/2007 season have been poor overall.

Especially the lesser known players, which are the one's which Macia was most likely responsible for. Player's like Dossena, Lucas, N'Gog etc...

I would dispute that Lucas has been poor and think giving a bit player like N'gog less than a season and Dossena, Italy's first choice left back less than a season is just dumb.

Although Macia is chief scout, he's not the only scout and Rafa is also known to have ideas of his own - so, do you know that these players you list where his recommendations, and can you give me a list of those he recommended that the club chose not to pursue?

I ask this as I think it's reasonably generally excepted by now that Parry had as much if not more than most to do with not sorting transfer targets, yet you seem to be blaming the messenger.

At the same time - don't forget to complain about Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riera, Agger, Insua and those promising kids he's also likely to have helped bring in.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like, you don't think Sammy Lee's dismissal as manager of Bolton having brought McParland in with him and then a new manager wanting his own people could have had anything to do with Mcparland getting the push from there then?

No, because Rash's head is full of laughing monkeys.

(thanks, by the way, for taking the trouble to send me a private message to tell me I was, in your considered opinion, a pillock)

We've sacked you twice from this forum, but we've still taken you back a third time! See, it does happen.

Oh dear, gkmacca, the consistently best poster on here at the moment IMO being PMd a pillock by Rashid.

SM, nice retort.

Will we ever be set free.

From the United team we beat in 06/07 no players are first teamers, and only Wellbeck has featured more than once. From the City team we beat in 05/06 only Johnson and Richards are regulars.

In fact going through the teams who've won the FA Youth Cup over the last ten years not many players have gone on to be regulars, the following are the players who got over 30 games for their clubs.

Arsenal (2000): none

Arsenal (2001): none

Villa (2002): Steven Davis, Luke Moore, Liam Ridgewell, Peter Whittingham (none still at the club)

United (2003): Kieran Richardson

Boro (2004): McMahon, Matthew Bates, Wheater, Morrisson, Taylor, Johnson, (only Wheater is now a first team player)

Ipswich (2005) Garvan, Haynes

Liverpool (2006) none

Liverpool (2007) none

Man City (2008) none

3. Insua, El Zhar and Ngog are all first team squad members and Pacheco, Nemeth and San Jose aren't far behind. We only really started spending money on young players in the last 3 years, how many do you expect us to produce in that time?

Spot on. Rash, local lads (who can make the grade and go on to have illustrious careers) come around every 10-20 years or so, expecting them to come about every other year is just poop talk.

For these reasons I think the club should employ a chief scout and an academy director and ask Rafa to work with these people. I am not saying Rafa shouldn't have a say, he should definitely have a say but not choose the the personnel too because that for me doesn't address the quality issue.

When Rafa signed the contract it was pretty obvious that he'd be getting full control over matters like these.

With this in mind, are you going to question every decision he makes regarding the academy and staff?

If you think he shouldn't choose the personnel, you're going to be mighty disappointed over the next few years.

Also, as mentioned by many already, McPharland has been hired to put together a report on the academy. How that is going to stop us producing talent, I have no clue!

When Rafa signed the contract it was pretty obvious that he'd be getting full control over matters like these.

With this in mind, are you going to question every decision he makes regarding the academy and staff?

If you think he shouldn't choose the personnel, you're going to be mighty disappointed over the next few years.

Also, as mentioned by many already, McPharland has been hired to put together a report on the academy. How that is going to stop us producing talent, I have no clue!

Rash hasn't a clue either, but by God - he has opinions - he can't breathe for them.

How on earth have we had to endure radish back under the TT guise?

I've read this thread having forgotten all about him, then as the 5 pages unfolded it was deja vu from past times.

Radish is the most egotistical, one eyed, non-game going idiot sitting in his St Albans home spewing crap imaginable.

He's a perfect 606 rant type who should be a Manc as he ticks every box, OOT (yup), idiotic (yup), unable to accept other's views (yup), egotistical (yup), very sad (yup).

Why don't you just throw the tosser off the forum again Dave?

How on earth have we had to endure radish back under the TT guise?

I've read this thread having forgotten all about him, then as the 5 pages unfolded it was deja vu from past times.

Radish is the most egotistical, one eyed, non-game going idiot sitting in his St Albans home spewing crap imaginable.

He's a perfect 606 rant type who should be a Manc as he ticks every box, OOT (yup), idiotic (yup), unable to accept other's views (yup), egotistical (yup), very sad (yup).

Why don't you just throw the tosser off the forum again Dave?

Not his greatest fan myself but...

*shakes head*

He's been fairly reasonable since his reincarnation - this is the first time he's shown an indication of returning to the Rash of old.

I agree with Paul on this (shock!) - attitudes to TT have changed since his alter ego was unveiled.

I would dispute that Lucas has been poor and think giving a bit player like N'gog less than a season and Dossena, Italy's first choice left back less than a season is just dumb.

Although Macia is chief scout, he's not the only scout and Rafa is also known to have ideas of his own - so, do you know that these players you list where his recommendations, and can you give me a list of those he recommended that the club chose not to pursue?

I ask this as I think it's reasonably generally excepted by now that Parry had as much if not more than most to do with not sorting transfer targets, yet you seem to be blaming the messenger.

At the same time - don't forget to complain about Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riera, Agger, Insua and those promising kids he's also likely to have helped bring in.

I'm sorry mate but that bit in bold is bollocks. You accused me of making assumptions, but then jump to an even bigger (and clearly incorrect one) your self.

And i've already made my mind up on whether Lucas, Dossena and N'gog are good enough for Liverpool, and i'm pretty convinced that there not. If they prove me wrong then i'll look like a bit of a tit, which is fair enough, but I don't think they will.

As for the players you listed at the bottom, i'll give you Skrtel and Insua, but Arbelo and Riera were playing in spain when Rafa was there so he clearly already knew about them, and Agger had started to make a name for him self as a rising star.

You're entitled to your view & express it sensibly.....unlike some!

I read & lurk far more than I post here, and enjoy the banter & humour without participating.

He just cuts across all that & renders debate or humour worthless....but only my opinion mate.

As do I - the vast majority of my posts are in the relative sanity that is the GF, and I agree with your second point about him tending to take over threads entirely, repeating his view ad nauseum.

However, this is the first time I've seen a real example of this since he came back and I'm hoping it's only a temporary blip.

Otherwise he will also rapidly drive me round the bend as well!

It's truly depressing to see what the gradual association of one name with another does to the level of discussion on here.

Are you threatening to send me to the headmaster's office because of some observational comedy?

I'm sorry mate but that bit in bold is bollocks. You accused me of making assumptions, but then jump to an even bigger (and clearly incorrect one) your self.

And i'm sorry but i've already made my mind up on whether Lucas, Dossena or N'gog are good enough for Liverpool, and i'm pretty convinced that there not. If they prove me wrong then i'll look like a bit of a tit, which is fair enough, but I don't think they will.

As for the players you listed at the bottom, i'll give you Skrtel and Insua, but Arbelo and Riera were playing in spain when Rafa was there so he clearly already knew about them, and Agger had started to make a name for him self as a rising star.

Think it's a bit early to write Dossena and Ngog off entirely - it's not even the end of their first season and they've come from very, very different leagues to the Premiership.

Ngog is young and was never going to be an instant star, while Dossena must have wondered what the fuck was going on for the first six months he was here, such is the difference in the pace of the game here in comparison to Italy.

However, I do have to confess that Lucas, while I love him because he's a Liverpool player, is probably only capable of doing a job and isn't really good enough.

Think it's a bit early to write Dossena and Ngog off entirely - it's not even the end of their first season and they've come from very, very different leagues to the Premiership.

Ngog is young and was never going to be an instant star, while Dossena must have wondered what the fuck was going on for the first six months he was here, such is the difference in the pace of the game here in comparison to Italy.

However, I do have to confess that Lucas, while I love him because he's a Liverpool player, is probably only capable of doing a job and isn't really good enough.

Oh I can understand people who want to give them more time, absolutely. It's just that I personally have already made a judgment based on what i've seen.

As I said before if they prove me wrong i'll look like a bit of a fool, and that's fair enough. Time will tell.

Not his greatest fan myself but...

*shakes head*

He's been fairly reasonable since his reincarnation - this is the first time he's shown an indication of returning to the Rash of old.

I agree with Paul on this (shock!) - attitudes to TT have changed since his alter ego was unveiled.

Maybe so, but TT's posting style has also changed.

It's like his "outing" has liberated him!

Its never to early to write Dossena off. Its startlingly obvious he isn't good enough. Its almost Josemi obvious, despite his recent goal scoring exploits.

I still can't get my head round the world's foremost "defensive" country (Italy) having him as first choice left back. There has got to be something there. Maybe it's a case of the Patrice Evra in that he needs next season to show us his worth?

We are lucky though Aurelio is the best left back in the world at the moment.

It's truly depressing to see what the gradual association of one name with another does to the level of discussion on here.
I'm truly surprised you see it that way Paul. Look at his initial post, and the way the goalposts have been constantly shifted. Then look at the martyr complex beginning to emerge and I think this thread does a good job of showing why people get so riled. I guarantee that if TT was someone different that he would get the same response.