You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd prefer the club to choose the people who run various aspects of the club and not someone who has proved a failure at his last two clubs - this is a case of jobs for my mates. Bloody hell, he was sacked at Watford and Bolton if he was any good they would have kept him!

Mascherano couldn't get a game at West Ham, Torres won nothing at Atleti, - perhaps we should get rid of them as well. Afterall - their records with other clubs is what's important isn't it?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Manager at Bolton and Watford, in charge of the Academy and Scouting, the link between the board and the manager. I have said enough now, I'd like someone to show me his achievments. All I can find is that he was "instrumental in signing Jack Hobbs".

Achievement - Benitez trusts him and values his opinion.

Now - show what you consider his 'failures' at Liverpool.

I'd prefer the club to choose the people who run various aspects of the club and not someone who has proved a failure at his last two clubs - this is a case of jobs for my mates. Bloody hell, he was sacked at Watford and Bolton if he was any good they would have kept him!

How about if they were any good and they had any ambition they would have kept him?

Just turn down the twat volume for a change.

Stability is all important. We are still in with a shout of the double despite most of the club not knowing whether their job was safe or not.

I hope fulham are dispatched with the minimum of fuss then we can pile on the pressure.

Is right.

What got my back up, and I'm assuming others' too, is that you weren't talking about issues. This is what you started off with:

That's not talking about issues, it's having a little tantrum.

We know he left Bolton with Sammy Lee - it was Lee's departure that triggered McParland's departure.

But what do you know about McParland's time at Watford? Why did he leave there? How long was he there? When did he join? What was his job title?

Genuine question - I seriously don't want this to turn into Rash v The World.

I'm asking this because either Google's broken or there is no sign anywhere of what McParland did at Watford. The only mention I found was in stories that said he was coming here as a Director of Football. Those stories said he left a similar role at Watford last year. But I can't find any sign of him ever being there. And the stories were wrong about the DoF role.

He has agreed to do an interview in the next issue of TLW so Dave will know more or just buy the mag. As I said, I am not talking about my views on this guy anymore, I stand by what I said.

You wise up, remember opinions is what it's all about

I'll have a pound of opions and a red cabbage, please.

note : If you mean opinions, then opinions are by nature flexible and subject to informed change rather than predictable knee-jerks or passed off as fact or some greater truth or insight.

I don't mind Rafa at all, I wanted him to have a new contract. My mood has changed a lot towards him as he seems to be ditching the defensive football. It doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does or everyone he buys. I dont believe in the "in Rafa we trust" thing.... just like if Rafa went and bought Titus Bramble I'd not be made up but I can imagine others would find a good reason for it.

Before he left us, he was Chief Scout alongside Macia - can someone name the players he bought here? Did he get a single attacking signing right for example? None of the scouts at Liverpool have too much to be proud of. I don't think we have signed a single "gem" and polished him into a diamond yet...all of our good signings were well known and that says a lot about the scouts.

McParland is a mate of Sammie and is someone who Rafa trusts, its a job for a "mate" because he has done nothing in his career that I can think of that makes him a stand out footballing man that we should be running after to revamp our Aacdemy.

What are his achievments? Signing Jack Hobbs? He was influential in that and look where he is now...

If it was jobs for my mates McPhaland would be a scout again but he's not he's been asked to review the academy. It may have escaped your attention but that doesn't exactly sound like a job for life. What happens after this review? Rafa said he valued his opinion not that he was a great scout. Maybe because he's actually worked at loads more clubs in England he can give a better account of where the club stands in terms of its academy.

Christ, its not that hard to figure out, just lay off the personal agenda and give it some thought.

Also how well known was Nemeth?

He has agreed to do an interview in the next issue of TLW so Dave will know more or just buy the mag. As I said, I am not talking about my views on this guy anymore, I stand by what I said.

You still have offered no alternative, seems your quite happy to rip his reputation to threads because he is Rafa's choice but i dont really see you offering much else from your obviously vast knowledge in this area.

Eh? No he hasn't. He agreed to do one ages ago, but then he took the Watford job so I never followed it up.

Another question to the masses.

If our scouts are so bad how come the Mancs keep out bidding us for those same players that we spot first and are still in their first team and worth a shit load more. Or is it that Bacon Face buys the shit our scouts spot and then turns them into diamonds?

What did he do at Watford Dave? All I can find is he left after "the Hornets had a shake up of their own."

I repped you RR as you always speak sense and often change my views which isn't easy to do.

In that same article RR it said he took on a similar job to the one he had at Bolton - General Manager which is a DoF - in charge of Contracts, Academy and Scouting normally.

Rafa Benitez wants Frank McParland to join Liverpool management team - mirror.co.uk

So obviously he has experience of young players and academies and obviously he is a scout from his time here. Just not good enough to hold down jobs at Bolton and Watford. That was the only point I was making, that maybe sometimes we need to judge people on what they have actually done rather than recommendations.

Ultimately, whether Rafa resigns his whole backroom staff or brings in new staff all together, sadly people on here will judge them as being one of Rafa's "yes men" anyway. If he trusts the feller, and the feller obviously has a good knowledge of the club, like Sammy Lee, I can't see what the problem is. But the fact they work well with Rafa obviously makes them a "yes man".

And failed miserably at Ajax.

I think Ten Cate has proved he can be a good number 2, which was the point you didn't miss but chose to be silly about as per usual. Which is also why if he came here as a number 2 I'd not mind but would breath fire if he came here as manager given his record at Ajax.

The point for the last time is that I think we should as a huge club be appointing the very best people with great track records or with huge potential for each role at the club be that on the playing side or coaching/management side. Which is why Rafa deserves a new contract and Sammie deserves to be number 2 and Pelligrino deserves to be coach despite what my personal opinion is of any of them.

Ultimately, whether Rafa resigns his whole backroom staff or brings in new staff all together, sadly people on here will judge them as being one of Rafa's "yes men" anyway. If he trusts the feller, and the feller obviously has a good knowledge of the club, like Sammy Lee, I can't see what the problem is. But the fact they work well with Rafa obviously makes them a "yes man".

I don't think Sammie Lee, or Pako Ayesterian or Paco Herriero, or Pelligrino etc are yes men at all and I have no problem with Rafa appointing them. I think they are good appointments whether I personally agree or not. I think they deserve to be here for their potential or for what they have done in the past in their positions.