You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

39 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I gave it a 1 so clearly not!

I am almost personally hurt by that. Way before the crafties got here I was smashing Lagunitas on my work trips to the states. I have great, great memories of that and Sierra Nevada.

18 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I’ll give it try again @TheBitch @Barrington Womble, sounds like I may have misjudged.

EDIT - my next lowest is Double Punk 2.75 which is awful, really boozy and not in a good way. I think that may have been operator error on the rating. Will try again. 

Ive just put Mikeller Heated Seats on my Perfect draft, cracking session beer and very smooth. 

You have to make sure you get the right one though of the lagunitas. There's some dodgy British versions kicking around now - I think they are brewed over there, but made for our market. iirc, it's a 6.1 or 6.2% beer over there and that boozy flavour compliments the caramel really well. Then they started making some reduced strength shit, which manages to reduce the caramel notes too. in fact it just tastes like a watered down version. But I think the bottles in the supermarket are still the original beer.  I would say all of the beers in the UK market get the reduced strength treatment is one of my biggest pet hates at the moment. Even brewdog are at it, although i got an email off them recently saying they have return elvis juice to its original strength. 

good news about the Heated Seats. 

47 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Love the Amundsen DICs.  Smashed through all the ones I had in my 'cellar' over Christmas. Going to get on this when I've made it to the end of the month!

I’ve got a S’mores and a Cherry and Chocolate Orange too. I wouldn’t have bought myself but I’m glad he did. Makes the cheeks rosy. 

11 hours ago, paddyberger said:

I’ve got a S’mores and a Cherry and Chocolate Orange too. I wouldn’t have bought myself but I’m glad he did. Makes the cheeks rosy. 

11 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

The S'mores one is great, very sweet but very moreish (no pun intended)  loads of white chocolate notes but not sickly. Not tried the other. 

Siren release these annually and they are amazing…

SirenCCC4Pack_2048x2048.jpg?v=1637239332

https://indiebeer.co.uk/products/siren-carribean-chocolate-cake-4-pack-330ml-7-4-10-2

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Siren release these annually and they are amazing…

SirenCCC4Pack_2048x2048.jpg?v=1637239332

https://indiebeer.co.uk/products/siren-carribean-chocolate-cake-4-pack-330ml-7-4-10-2

I've seen these in Beermoth but never tried them so I think they need to be on the list to try.  Pomona Island have done some BBB (Big Bastard Beers) which are supposedly excellent so I am going to get those next.

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I've seen these in Beermoth but never tried them so I think they need to be on the list to try.  Pomona Island have done some BBB (Big Bastard Beers) which are supposedly excellent so I am going to get those next.

If you can justify the expense these are genuinely amazing, but pricy as fuck on import…

https://www.thebruery.com/pages/search-results?q=Stout

Beer Merchant tend to have stock throughout the year.

’Worth’ it, as you won’t get anything better.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If you can justify the expense these are genuinely amazing, but pricy as fuck on import…

https://www.thebruery.com/pages/search-results?q=Stout

Beer Merchant tend to have stock throughout the year.

’Worth’ it, as you won’t get anything better.

I'm guessing they whack on loads of duty.  I'll hang fire on that and see if they turn up on tap, hopefully if the beer festivals get back up and running as Indy Man usually has loads of overseas beers.

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I'm guessing they whack on loads of duty.  I'll hang fire on that and see if they turn up on tap, hopefully if the beer festivals get back up and running as Indy Man usually has loads of overseas beers.

These have them, as with loads of other good stuff, tag a couple on to a special order and it won’t feel as ridiculous…

https://drikbeer.com/search?q=bruery&options[prefix]=last

Drik are great but their website is awful.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...