You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did you get any of them from the vale? He seems to be doing alright. He had loads of that 4Ts brewery in last time I was in and loads of little session strength tiny rebels. I'm not really interested in session beers and 4Ts I've had 2 of their beers and think they're pretty terrible, so I only got a couple of cans - but it didn't matter too much as I got a load from caps and taps from a discount link posted on here. In fact I need to do more drinking and less buying as I've got too much at the moment. 

Got all of them from there mate. He's getting new stuff in all the time from the looks of it. I tried a 4T and it was the best thing to have come out of skem. Some new neptune stuff as well. 

Other Half, NYC.

Probably the best brewery in the world for Pales, IPA’s, DIPA’s etc.

Pricy, but great and it’s rare to get them in the UK.

Really limited quantities, go now!

https://www.sudsandsoda.co.uk/?s=other+half&post_type=product&title=1&excerpt=1&content=1&categories=1&attributes=1&tags=1&sku=1&ixwps=1&mc_cid=693e767ec4&mc_eid=6bf1c444d9

14 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Got a Verdant order finally. Looking forward to trying.

One for @Remmie in there too.

BFBE3B1E-07FF-4433-B00D-88AEDA2122FA.jpeg

Nice!

All are good, but T&F and Allen are personal favourites, next time grab a PSI if you can, it’s lovely stuff.

This is my weekend haul...

340F2279-4E63-472F-9DC8-B8C63F8C70A6.jpeg

I’ve got a couple of stouts for Sunday as well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nice!

All are good, but T&F and Allen are personal favourites, next time grab a PSI if you can, it’s loverly stuff.

oooo, two Westvleterns!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 19:00, Bruce Spanner said:

Nice!

All are good, but T&F and Allen are personal favourites, next time grab a PSI if you can, it’s lovely stuff.

The Track and Field and the Allen were good shouts, the 5am was my favourite out of all of them. Just working my way through my second lot now. 

• Upvote 1

I signed up to that brewdog club thing and got my 1st lot today. Very disappointing. It's supposed to be 8 cans per month, so while technically it was 8 cans, it was 2 X 4 cans. Also 1 of the 4 was fucking Elvis juice, well I can get that from asda for 4 for a fiver or whatever.  and not any old Elvis juice, but some fucking 5.1% watered down version. A mate has said to me the 1st month is free, so I need to check my credit card, but I thought I'd paid something like 25 quid for what turns out to be a box of session beer. If it's an opening free one I'll give it another month, but I wouldn't have bought one of these beers had they been in the shop. 

IMG_20210501_145122.jpg

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I signed up to that brewdog club thing and got my 1st lot today. Very disappointing. It's supposed to be 8 cans per month, so while technically it was 8 cans, it was 2 X 4 cans. Also 1 of the 4 was fucking Elvis juice, well I can get that from asda for 4 for a fiver or whatever.  and not any old Elvis juice, but some fucking 5.1% watered down version. A mate has said to me the 1st month is free, so I need to check my credit card, but I thought I'd paid something like 25 quid for what turns out to be a box of session beer. If it's an opening free one I'll give it another month, but I wouldn't have bought one of these beers had they been in the shop. 

IMG_20210501_145122.jpg

I just came on here to say the exact same thing. Very disappointing. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20210501_145122.jpg

The next one is the same 2x4, but it comes with a £10 voucher for the bars, so it's worth keeping for that.

I agree though 2x4 is shite and nowhere near worth the £24+ it's going to cost per month.

Here's some of what is coming next month, the Iskold is lovely, but I've had the real deal and get it through Mikkller anyhows.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 21.41.27.png

Not great.

Yeah I always intended that to cancel that BrewDog deal straight off the bat. Just rinsed it for the 8 beers for the p&p, first month was £4 ish. Quit while you’re ahead I’d say. 

The modern times was enjoyable the others, especially the pale and now lower elvis juice are total garbage, the cloud water poor imitation of what they do.

Defo not worth the monthly and binned. Luckily it’s far easier to cancel and beer52 and you do it on-line

5 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Do get the Vault City duo of sours at Tesco.

Worth the £3 all day 

94EA42FD-7083-4DC2-8B1D-93F5DB577CB3.jpeg

This was tonight’s.

I really enjoy the VCB, but always feel like I’m drinking novelty beer even though they are amazing at what they do.

They we’re all great.

DB634066-2072-4299-A22C-A1CFF5C35F7E.jpeg

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The next one is the same 2x4, but it comes with a £10 voucher for the bars, so it's worth keeping for that.

I agree though 2x4 is shite and nowhere near worth the £24+ it's going to cost per month.

Here's some of what is coming next month, the Iskold is lovely, but I've had the real deal and get it through Mikkller anyhows.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 21.41.27.png

Not great.

Suppose I'll stick to next month too if there's a bar voucher as I do pop into them. Although that'll get me about a schooner of some guest shite and that's about it!

10 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Yeah I always intended that to cancel that BrewDog deal straight off the bat. Just rinsed it for the 8 beers for the p&p, first month was £4 ish. Quit while you’re ahead I’d say. 

The modern times was enjoyable the others, especially the pale and now lower elvis juice are total garbage, the cloud water poor imitation of what they do.

Defo not worth the monthly and binned. Luckily it’s far easier to cancel and beer52 and you do it on-line

Yeah, I've just looked and this month cost me £3.95, which given that I'm surprised there's anything over 4.8%. but it's got to be said, even at 4 quid I don't really feel ahead as it's just stuff I wouldn't normally choose, so I feel it's a waste of a chance to drink a better beer. 

I had the modern times last night, it wasn't bad. 

I'm just off to my beer stash now to select a bunch for the match later.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Today's selection

IMG_20210502_094112.jpg

Bloody hell Baz, and I know we're fucking garbage at the moment, but a tripel and and triple IPA would definitely dull the pain of another defeat.

Had my first pint out of the house for 6 months yesterday - total pot luck and got this Beartown Creme Brulee milk stout on cask - lovely stuff, certainly wasn't a shit business!IMG_20210501_162644.jpg

Off out to get my beers for this afternoon.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Bloody hell Baz, and I know we're fucking garbage at the moment, but a tripel and and triple IPA would definitely dull the pain of another defeat.

Had my first pint out of the house for 6 months yesterday - total pot luck and got this Beartown Creme Brulee milk stout on cask - lovely stuff, certainly wasn't a shit business!IMG_20210501_162644.jpg

Off out to get my beers for this afternoon.

I've learnt in 2021 to get some beers in before the match kicks off and before kick off below 6% only. Once it kicks off, the stronger the better, over 6% is the aim! That way I tend to remember the 1st half, which tends to make the game pattern and by the 2nd half I don't care what they're doing and I hopefully won't remember the next day. I'll probably kill the other 2 from that brewdog thing before the match with the 2 little ones in that picture. It's been a fine art that has taken 4 months to perfect. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've learnt in 2021 to get some beers in before the match kicks off and before kick off below 6% only. Once it kicks off, the stronger the better, over 6% is the aim! That way I tend to remember the 1st half, which tends to make the game pattern and by the 2nd half I don't care what they're doing and I hopefully won't remember the next day. I'll probably kill the other 2 from that brewdog thing before the match with the 2 little ones in that picture. It's been a fine art that has taken 4 months to perfect. 

I'm much the same, the way we've been playing come the second half I'm too half-cut to care!

9 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Got this lot, had the Cloudwater Tesco ones before - the Pale is good, the DDH Pale a bit meh.  Not the boxed collab ones yet.  The Attic sour Fig. 1 is awesome - this is my fifth bottle of it!  the 0% Rothaus is for the Mrs.

IMG_20210502_150604.jpg

Don't know about you, but this delayed kick off shit is messing with my meticulous beer planning..manc cunts