You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

18 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I’ve already got too many really. 

That’s a good one, I had a Juicebox recently too and that’s solid.

I really like Lost Cosmonauts by Northern Brewing Co., you can get that in Tesco’s if you haven’t tried. I’ve been trying to get Salt iKAT but that’s never in stock by us.

I’ve mostly been getting Kegs for my Perfect Draft lately but going to start mixing it up a bit again. They are great value for money for proper draft beer. 

I've got a lost cosmonauts in the fridge actually! Never had it before. I had their Scafell yesterday, that was from Tesco too. I enjoyed it. IKAT is a belter. It's always in my tesco, so I've had it a few times. Weird it's never in by you though. 

Screenshot_20210221-181747.jpg

Screenshot_20210221-181649.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Are you me?!?!?

Mine came this morning...

I added the Snowball after my original order out of curiosity and it’s 11.4%

You can expect few turd letters through your door mate, just put first class stamp on mine.

Looking forward to trying, I’ve liked what I’ve had from them to date.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I'll be trying these tonight (maybe just one, it is a school night after all)

IMG_20210224_203309.jpg

I had the Chubbles and the Upper Case last week and they’re lovely.

Cloudwater are on fire at the minute with their beers and the stuff they’re getting in, I got the Other Half, Equilibrium and The Veil stuff they had this week.

This arrived earlier and I can’t wait to try it.

A black cherry, lavender and peach foudre.

4FC4F663-E387-40A1-A38C-A75649A049FC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had the Chubbles and the Upper Case last week and they’re lovely.

Cloudwater are on fire at the minute with their beers and the stuff they’re getting in.

This arrived earlier and I can’t wait to try it.

4FC4F663-E387-40A1-A38C-A75649A049FC.jpeg

I've seen that but held back from getting it.  I live in Manchester so am missing my weekly trips to their tap room so hopefully they'll have some on tap if they ever re-open.  Drinking the Chubbles now, it's good but out of the recent Chubbles ones the Chubbles III: Promised Land has been the best so far.  Think I've wrote Chubbles too many times.

4 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I've seen that but held back from getting it.  I live in Manchester so am missing my weekly trips to their tap room so hopefully they'll have some on tap if they ever re-open.  Drinking the Chubbles now, it's good but out of the recent Chubbles ones the Chubbles III: Promised Land has been the best so far.  Think I've wrote Chubbles too many times.

I’ve liked all three, but I’d go with the DIPA, I’m really not in to the TIPA’s/Quads at the moment, I have one and it’s morning before I know it.

I love the Tap Room, do you drink in Thomas Street, the Marble place?

When I’m up there that’s normally my first port of call.

We have a tap down here as well, on the Bermondsey Beer Mile, it’s a lovely way to spend a day.  

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ve liked all three, but I’d go with the DIPA, I’m really not in to the TIPA’s/Quads at the moment, I have one and it’s morning before I know it.

I love the Tap Room, do you drink in Thomas Street, the Marble place?

When I’m up there that’s normally my first port of call.

We have a tap down here as well, on the Bermondsey Beer Mile, it’s a lovely way to spend a day.  

It all depends on how it's made, as some TIPAs can just be a bit overwhelming.  That said I had the Pollys Quad (forgot the name now) the other week and that was outstanding.  Still think Magic Rock's Human Canonball from 2018 was the best DIPA I've had - why they don't make it anymore is beyond me.

Sadly, 57 Thomas Street has closed down because of the pandemic - Marble, needed to rationalise (the Marble Arch still survives thankfully!), luckily Fierce Beer have taken it over and were doing good until the November lockdown - hopefully they'll reopen.  Cafe Beermoth is my main haunt in Manc.

2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

It all depends on how it's made, as some TIPAs can just be a bit overwhelming.  That said I had the Pollys Quad (forgot the name now) the other week and that was outstanding.  Still think Magic Rock's Human Canonball from 2018 was the best DIPA I've had - why they don't make it anymore is beyond me.

Sadly, 57 Thomas Street has closed down because of the pandemic - Marble, needed to rationalise (the Marble Arch still survives thankfully!), luckily Fierce Beer have taken it over and were doing good until the November lockdown - hopefully they'll reopen.  Cafe Beermoth is my main haunt in Manc.

Noooooooo!!!!!

Beermoth is great though.

Had the Polly’s quad a couple of weekends back and I’d had three or four at this point and I was pretty much asleep before I’d finished it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Fuck me you are not wrong about Upper Case: superb!

There’s a company called Drik who get Trillium occasionally, worth signing up to their SM feeds as they sellout really quickly.

I got some IPA’s a while back and currently have a fridge full of their wild/sour stuff. All of it is ridiculously good.

https://drikbeer.com/

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There’s a company called Drik who get Trillium occasionally, worth signing up to their SM feeds as they sellout really quickly.

I got some IPA’s a while back and currently have a fridge full of their wild/sour stuff. All of it is ridiculously good.

Looks pricey, but good!

Very tempted to get a subscription!

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

i can't get into sours at all. i keep going back to them in the hope i will miraculously like them (a little like my mum expected with sprouts when i was a kid), but every time i just feel like i am drinking puke. i think i may have finally learnt my lesson. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i can't get into sours at all. i keep going back to them in the hope i will miraculously like them (a little like my mum expected with sprouts when i was a kid), but every time i just feel like i am drinking puke. i think i may have finally learnt my lesson. 

I’m kinda done with sours for now as well, though Vault City & Brick are doing some really good stuff. I had a really nice Northern Monk on the weekend as well, cherry cola sour, that was good.

I tend to stick to the wild/lambic/cask conditioned stuff now as I found the sours we’re trying to outdo each other and it became silly.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Whereas I love sours, but only really like to drink in the summer/warm climes.  The sourer the better, although like Bruce says I also try to stick to the lambics and gueuze - although I'm not overly keen on the fruited sours.

Picked up these today (will actually be glad when I'm back in work so I won't be tempted to buy beer on my lunchtime walks):

IMG_20210225_201329.jpg

Drinking the Polly's right now.  It's okay, not overly impressed to be honest, it's no Upper Case and that's for sure!

• Upvote 1