Quantcast
The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed) - Page 77 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not seen this Gav, goes that mean all pubs are open?

Apparently so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a nice pre Christmas delivery from vocation yesterday. I got a pretty nice collection and they were doing free shipping over 35 quid. They've added some good deals on 12 and 48 packs too since I ordered at the weekend. 

 

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/pages/terms-conditions-privacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after a day spent painting my fireplace & bookcase I popped opens todays Brewdog offering and ended up getting the Gooo ( Dublin slang for the urge for more beer) 

 

So here's a few of tonights crackers

( and a picture of my bookcase )

 

Rascals - Dublin

Beerhut - Newry

Boundarybrewing - Belfast

Mourne Mountain - Warrenpoint

 

IMG_20201203_195445_813.jpg

IMG_20201202_201346_046.jpg

IMG_20201203_210440_978.jpg

IMG_20201203_222105_828.jpg

IMG_20201203_233935_766.jpg

IMG_20201203_182718_544.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2020 at 00:04, Gav said:

Nice one Remmie....might stick my nose into Lidl tomorrow and see if its on sale over here too

 

This is their Irish Xmas special - €19.99 for 12 500ml beers

 

Crafty is a brilliant budget craft range done with the outstanding Rye River brewing 

 

 

250883.jpg

The golden draak....Marone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Off the wagon.

 

cheers

 

 

61DBDE69-3C53-4ED7-8B97-AFB2D5FEC285.jpeg


That is a thing of beauty! 
 

They have some mixed fermentation bottles available from Tuesday on the website.

 

I imagine, if previous stuff is to go by, they’ll be amazing.


They'll sell out really quickly, so get in early.

 

https://deyabrewing.com/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Off the wagon.

 

cheers

 

 

61DBDE69-3C53-4ED7-8B97-AFB2D5FEC285.jpeg

Ohhh man , that looks ace ....Love Deya stuff ,wish I could get my hands on more but whoever they are using as a distributor over here is being very safe in their offerings ...a bucket list brewery for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was excellent, can highly recommend it.

 

Honestly think it was topped by this…

 

 

ED2C0254-F95D-4D18-B28D-66292625455C.jpeg
 

I really should take better photos and more flattering shots.

 

tbf, I was halfway through a zoom quiz when I snapped it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


Buy all the Burning Sky from the top shelf! 
 

Where is that, that’s a really decent range?

I’ve had a lot of the Burning Sky. I’m in Sussex so can get it all over the place,

 

I’m shortly off to work in Lewes, well when the world returns to normal. So can pop to Firle all the time then. 
 

I was buying my father-in-law some top notch sherry, so took a trip up to the Lindfield shop. But the other branch Is in the village adjacent to mine 

 

https://www.southdownscellars.co.uk/

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’ve had a lot of the Burning Sky. I’m in Sussex so can get it all over the place,

 

I’m shortly off to work in Lewes, well when the world returns to normal. So can pop to Firle all the time then. 
 

I was buying my father-in-law some top notch sherry, so took a trip up to the Lindfield shop. But the other branch Is in the village adjacent to mine 

 

https://www.southdownscellars.co.uk/

 

 


I always find the cans average at best, but their bottled stuff is usually excellent. 
 

I’m picking a bottle of the Curve up tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:


I always find the cans average at best, but their bottled stuff is usually excellent. 
 

I’m picking a bottle of the Curve up tomorrow.

I’ll confess, I’ve mostly only had the cans.

 

Which to be fair, I thought been pretty good.

 

Certainly very competitively priced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ,I've done the complete hog this weekend ( so far ) after finishing the downstairs DIY/Decorating ...just 2 bedrooms to go and whole house will be done including the attic...even the mrs went on the craft with me ..so heres the absolutely incredible Irish beers from all 4 corners of the Island ....but leans heavily on Northern Ireland. There's no point showing the Brewdog Calender stuff

 

Pics are as follows

Beerhut Brewing - Kilkeel ( near Newry)

Bullhouse - Belfast

Boundary - Belfast

My Beer Drawer 

Hilden - Belfast

Farmegeddon - Belfast

Mourne Mountain - Warrenpoint

Lacada & Yellowbelly - Portrush & Wexford

Cloudwater - Manchestuurrrrr

Modest - Belfast

EightDegrees - Cork

Hope - Dublin

Bullhouse -Belfast

Cloudwater - Manchestuurrrrrr

Verdant - Cornwall

The White Hag - Sligo

 

I'm going to sleep now ,hope to fuck I  wake up in time for a certain game tomorrow

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_20201204_194027_432.jpg

IMG_20201204_204031_007.jpg

IMG_20201204_205956_532.jpg

IMG_20201204_220121_035.jpg

IMG_20201204_220707_800.jpg

IMG_20201204_225354_475.jpg

IMG_20201205_002009_813.jpg

IMG_20201205_013838_865.jpg

IMG_20201205_023359_562.jpg

IMG_20201205_202027_797.jpg

IMG_20201205_215602_496.jpg

IMG_20201205_222950_687.jpg

IMG_20201205_233420_160.jpg

IMG_20201206_002717_015.jpg

IMG_20201206_014707_470.jpg

IMG_20201206_025910_113.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2020 at 16:01, Bruce Spanner said:

Happy weekend, bitches! 
 

 

D26DA89B-0338-488A-89E2-ACAF60F51112.jpeg

That Atlas is great.  Loads of coconut flavours in it, Deya producing so great stuff at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

That Atlas is great.  Loads of coconut flavours in it, Deya producing so great stuff at the moment.


Yeah, they were all good in truth, not a dud amongst them.

 

The Saint Mars of The Desert, who are doing some really good Belgium style stuff and the Pentrich who are making great hop bombs were the highlights.
 

Very happy with last weekend haul. Not posted this weekends as I mostly drank them and forgot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One for the German beer fans; Paulaner is in Tesco at £2 a bottle of 3 for £5 if you get it delivered. One of the best German beers out there.

 

Screenshot_20201206-172724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8b0429eda7df70668de5d7abe86c127.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gav said:

Ok ,I've done the complete hog this weekend ( so far ) after finishing the downstairs DIY/Decorating ...just 2 bedrooms to go and whole house will be done including the attic...even the mrs went on the craft with me ..so heres the absolutely incredible Irish beers from all 4 corners of the Island ....but leans heavily on Northern Ireland. There's no point showing the Brewdog Calender stuff

 

Pics are as follows

Beerhut Brewing - Kilkeel ( near Newry)

Bullhouse - Belfast

Boundary - Belfast

My Beer Drawer 

Hilden - Belfast

Farmegeddon - Belfast

Mourne Mountain - Warrenpoint

Lacada & Yellowbelly - Portrush & Wexford

Cloudwater - Manchestuurrrrr

Modest - Belfast

EightDegrees - Cork

Hope - Dublin

Bullhouse -Belfast

Cloudwater - Manchestuurrrrrr

Verdant - Cornwall

The White Hag - Sligo

 

I'm going to sleep now ,hope to fuck I  wake up in time for a certain game tomorrow

 

 

All that looks spot on Gav.


We don’t see much Irish stuff over here. I’ve had a few boundary via Cloudwater. Thought it was pretty decent, I’d happily try more of it was easier to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't often drink lager but I was ordering from vocation last weekend and picked these up reduced for £1 per can. It's really nice, very biscuity on the malt side. I plan on having a skinful watching the game tonight. I'm actually quite happy i didn't win in the lottery and get a ticket. IMG_20201206_184313.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

All that looks spot on Gav.


We don’t see much Irish stuff over here. I’ve had a few boundary via Cloudwater. Thought it was pretty decent, I’d happily try more of it was easier to find.

I know loads of Irish breweries that are stocked all over the UK but in niche places and quite a few do expos/Octoberfests/beer festivals etc 

Brexit will fuck up getting any Southern Irish stuff in the future but it is pretty cheap to get a case delivered and a lot of the NI stuff is available via loads of different distributors & offies...its cheaper for them to deliver beer to London than it is Dublin.If you ever get the urge to try anything I post just message me and I'll give you the links

*edit* Just checked one of the specialists I use in Portrush and they do 48hr UK delivery for  £10.95-£15.95 dependant on weight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Stressing me out having that on the vents of the av receiver.

Got to put it somewhere while I'm clearing out offer the fucking kids being in here watching Christmas movies earlier! A wise person perhaps would have cleared then poured a drink, but I'm not too wise! 

 

Anyway, I've had a few through the 1st half. Nothing special though, saved some better ones for the 2nd half. Certainly my best 2 so far are the vocation from earlier and the hazy I've just had now. The Asda one was interesting though. Not hoppy enough for me, but a nice caramel flavour. Could quite someone who prefers something a bit darker than a pale. 

 

 

IMG_20201206_190435.jpg

IMG_20201206_192728.jpg

IMG_20201206_194836.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×