You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Parliamentʼs legislative committee cleared modifications to draft legislation related to next yearʼs budget on Thursday that would prohibit beverage makers from signing exclusive contracts with catering establishments and event organizers, according to a report by state news wire MTI.

The modifications, submitted by Lajos Kósa, an MP of governing Fidesz, would apply to beer, soft drinks - as defined in the law on the health product tax - and mineral water.

The changes would require catering establishments to offer guests beer, soft drinks, and mineral water from "at least two different producers". However, the provision would not apply to beer on tap.

The modified bill would allow exclusive contracts to be signed for beer on tap as long as beer from "at least one" legally defined "craft brewery" is offered to guests simultaneously and sales of that beer account for "at least 20%" of beer sales volume.

Kosa noted at the committee meeting that while the market share of small beverage makers reaches 15-20% in Germany, the Czech Republic, and Austria, their market share in Hungary is just 3.6%.

Good news for beer drinkers. Essentially no more single brewery establishments unless a small craft brewery is included on draught 

11 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I did as well. 

Issue is what to do with the empty cans.

Also ordered a couple of Erdinger glasses but worried I may have drunk them all before they arrive.

Gave my sister a few as she literally has a Klopp shrine, my dad got a couple and me and my lad the rest. Sell the empties mate haha.

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Not big on lambic myself, especially the fruit stuff. Hope it's nice. 

I got the Gueuze, which I’ve had before, Rose de Gambrinus and then pulled a bar managers pants down and truly shafted him by paying £15 for an aged Saint Lamvinus because he was a dick who didn’t know what he was talking about. 

Genuinely told him ‘it’s been sat on the shelves for years and no fuckers bought it, it’s shit, I’ll give you fifteen quid?’

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Sat in my local micropub on my own because Pony Princess and old man Dangerously wanted to go to wethies. Fuck that. 

Having a pint of Top Rope's Cold Stone Cream Austin and a packet of scampi fries. Fuck brexitspoons 

IMG_20200712_163540.jpg

Is that the place at the top of the vale? What's it like? I've not been yet. I drove past on Friday night and it looked chocker. 

13 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Is that the place at the top of the vale? What's it like? I've not been yet. I drove past on Friday night and it looked chocker. 

Jaxons? It used to be the Wizard's Den.  Its good mate.  They have 3 rotating taps and a good selection of bottles.  Dart board, if that's your thing as well. 

43 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Jaxons? It used to be the Wizard's Den.  Its good mate.  They have 3 rotating taps and a good selection of bottles.  Dart board, if that's your thing as well. 

I'll have to give it a whirl. How big is it? I've only looked when driving past, doesn't look like it could hold more the 20 people. 

On 12/07/2020 at 21:06, Sugar Ape said:

Trying this tonight. 8.4%. I may have some regrets tomorrow. 

1F950B84-0A67-4EBC-9CA7-E61EE624CD75.png

Let me know what it‘s like. They do kegs on perfect draft and I’ve been tempted.

I got 3 kegs the other day, Goose Island IPA, Tiny Rebel Cali Pale and Magic Rock Grapefruit IPA. 

Goose has gone, Cali on the way, the Magic Rock will be marmite for most. If you like Elvis Juice then I think you’ll enjoy it, strong Grapefruit taste.

• Upvote 1