Quantcast
The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed) - Page 54 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

ISeeRed

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

The beer 52 ones I’ve tried so far;

The pale ales have all been much of a muchness, nothing really distinctive about them.

The Irish coffee milk stout was disgusting!

Zig - Belgian blonde beer is fucking ace.

Just starting Triple H - Hazy Pale Ale. Actually don't mind this one too much - light, refreshing with a crisp taste at the end. 

So is it difficult to cancel?

I don't like Real Ale but could get my dad some as part of his Christmas presents. Can't grumble at £2.95 but don't want to get stung for another £24 the month later.

So is it difficult to cancel?

I don't like Real Ale but could get my dad some as part of his Christmas presents. Can't grumble at £2.95 but don't want to get stung for another £24 the month later.

This is the email I got when I requested to cancel: 

"Hey ***** ,

We can definitely cancel you down here, no worries. I will make one super quick attempt to twist your arm, however - there's actually £10 credit on your account at the moment for your next order with us... which basically means a tenner off RRP!

This £10 off would be lost if you cancelled - would it help if I popped you on pause for a month or so? Or even if you prefer I could sort it out for this month, we're very flexible with that.

Thought I'd mention this just in case you weren't aware. I've set you to cancel before your next billing date just in case you're not keen, but if you want the £10 off then it's totally there to claim!

Cheers

Peter

• Upvote 1

It’s a great bargain - and before I cancelled they also knocked a tenner off a second case too.

No hard push to keep you on board or anything.

• Upvote 1

This is the email I got when I requested to cancel:

"Hey ***** ,

We can definitely cancel you down here, no worries. I will make one super quick attempt to twist your arm, however - there's actually £10 credit on your account at the moment for your next order with us... which basically means a tenner off RRP!

This £10 off would be lost if you cancelled - would it help if I popped you on pause for a month or so? Or even if you prefer I could sort it out for this month, we're very flexible with that.

Thought I'd mention this just in case you weren't aware. I've set you to cancel before your next billing date just in case you're not keen, but if you want the £10 off then it's totally there to claim!

Cheers

Peter"

Was that via email or live chat?

I did it, the beer arrived the next day via Yodel and as soon as it arrived I phoned up and cancelled, they offered me other deals but I just declined. All fairly straightforward.

• Upvote 1

How do they make money, surely hardly anyone keeps their membership going?

They must do. Somehow. Hipsters will spend a fortune to brag about something.

Nobheads like me get the beer, enjoy the beer and then forget about it until another case arrives.

19 minutes ago, Seasons said:

I've always drank those out of the can. 

Who the fuck pours it into a glass? Posh cunts, that's who. 

*sips with little finger up*

Heathen. 

• Upvote 2