You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

I had this on draught for the first time last night, lovely stuff.

881da7420851cd1d2e5cb5e5c94bce3c.jpg

They sell this at my off licence (or as we call them here- vendor).

Superb lager and now the warmer weather is here there will be some afternoon consumption and grilling of meats on a bbq.

I have never been disappointed with an Innis and Gunn beer; the fact they sell this lager in cans is brilliant for the summer time.

Camping in the boreal forest, the sound of nature, some marinated ribs or chicken on a grill, a Coleman cooler with two bags of ice and six of those, the sound of the chattering squirells, the cheeky chipmunk, the woodpecker and the call of the loon, and then the extraction of the cold can from its icy cooler, the feel of the aluminium, the anticipation of the nectar, crafted by Mook's people with this very moment in mind, the gentle lifting of the tab and then the single greatest act that can be performed, the depressing of the tab and the sound of the the can, like a gentle air brake, and at that moment, that Metallica moment where nothing else matters, and nothing else really matters except the first sip, the first quaff....and you really believe at that moment that Benjamin Franklin quote that beer is proof God loves us.

Rough stuff that Kwak. They opened a belgian bar in southsea last year, went in for a few. Then my mate ordered a round of them and it came out in like a fucking sand timer on a wooden holder. Its about 8% isnt it? Tramp juice. Hipster juice. I was all over it. And so was my head the next day. It was like drinking a headache.

While nowhere near a top beer, I was at someone's house earlier and had a choice of Carling (knat's piss) or Becks Blue (non alcoholic). I went for the Becks and honestly can't tell the difference between that and the normal Becks. Maybe that means the normal stuff is swill too. Still a damn sight better than Carling, mind.

I went out for a burger the other day to a sports bar. It was a hot day and I ordered an IPA. It was a citrus based one by the New Belgium Beer Company. Absolutely fantastic. Tasty. Refreshing. Highly recommended.

PS - probably not the sort of beer that you would drink all night, but excellent for one or two on a hot day.

Rough stuff that Kwak. They opened a belgian bar in southsea last year, went in for a few. Then my mate ordered a round of them and it came out in like a fucking sand timer on a wooden holder. Its about 8% isnt it? Tramp juice. Hipster juice. I was all over it. And so was my head the next day. It was like drinking a headache.

It's far from rough and I've never seen tramps or hipsters anywhere near it. Consuming it like it's a pint of Carling is not recommended though. It's to be treated with respect.

While nowhere near a top beer, I was at someone's house earlier and had a choice of Carling (knat's piss) or Becks Blue (non alcoholic). I went for the Becks and honestly can't tell the difference between that and the normal Becks. Maybe that means the normal stuff is swill too. Still a damn sight better than Carling, mind.

You're quite right not to refer to this person as a friend. What kind of options are those? It's like being asked if you prefer your house being burned down or having a Ukelele rammed up your shitpipe.

That Becks Blue is fucking vile, it's like drinking saline it's so salty.

You're quite right not to refer to this person as a friend. What kind of options are those? It's like being asked if you prefer your house being burned down or having a Ukelele rammed up your shitpipe.

At least you can claim insurance for the house with no embarrassing explanation.

And yes, the alternatives were water, orange squash or fizzy Vimto. Words failed me then.

Just got back from Amsterdam and went to a place called the Beer Temple. 35 craft beers on tap including Brooklyn, and a fair few from Anchor. Probably the best I had was their own brew. It was delightful. knocked up a €1000 bill between 20 of us in about 6 hours. It was a good afternoon. Oh and there was one called Shipwreck which was 13.8%. It was like drinking watered-down whiskey. I didn't like it.

First beer: Ruddles! Got battered on my 12th birthday thanks to my brother sneaking me beers in a Beefeater restaurant.

Just got back from Amsterdam and went to a place called the Beer Temple. 35 craft beers on tap including Brooklyn, and a fair few from Anchor. Probably the best I had was their own brew. It was delightful. knocked up a €1000 bill between 20 of us in about 6 hours. It was a good afternoon. Oh and there was one called Shipwreck which was 13.8%. It was like drinking watered-down whiskey. I didn't like it.

First beer: Ruddles! Got battered on my 12th birthday thanks to my brother sneaking me beers in a Beefeater restaurant.

To be fair spending only €50 per man in 6 hours in amsterdam is cheap. I remember last time I was there it was something silly like €8 a pint.