ISeeRed

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

On 22/07/2022 at 10:22, RedKnight said:

The missus got me the Tiny Rebel Birthday Box this week. Can't wait, my favourite brewer.

How was this, RK?

On 01/08/2022 at 19:32, Remmie said:

They are plenty of alternatives out there even if most IPAs aren't my thing, NEIPAs and DIPAs are. Like everything there are shite and decent versions. 

The beer masters mystery box deal I mentioned earlier is currently £24 for 24. This time round I got 2 of most things including 2 different Deyas a couple Omnipollos and only a couple below 440ml. No German beers this time, all craft beer stuff. Beak seem to do some nice beers as do Northern monk. And I just had this amazing maple syrup beer, though I paid £4.50 for this and that was on sale at 50% off. As thick as molasses. There are 2x2 bizarre protein shake lassi goses though and apparently they are 6% but taste like pure sugar. I tried to fob one off on the mrs but she wasnt having it. Maybe I can mix it with something to make it nice. Any suggestions? 

imgly_7370118598833041534.jpg

You weren’t wrong about the Lassi Gose one, even my Dad turned his nose up after a taste and it went down the sink. I’ll work the other one on to one of my mates next time they are round!

On 01/08/2022 at 21:37, Bruce Spanner said:

https://www.beermerchants.com/magical-mystery-box

Sold out though.

They do them quite regularly though.

Try hoptimism as well, they usually do really good mystery boxes and you’ll get lots of really good beer and a few curve balls.

I ordered a box before I went away, not tried any of them yet, will be cracking them open for an event at 12pm.

IMG_20220728_111722.jpg

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I ordered a box before I went away, not tried any of them yet, will be cracking them open for an event at 12pm.

IMG_20220728_111722.jpg

Steady Rolling Man in there, a thread favourite. 

On 02/08/2022 at 18:00, Paulie Dangerously said:

Went to a lake today which happened to have a local microbrewery connected to it. The French have caught onto beer and frankly they're smashing it. 

20220802_133044.jpg

One of the big plusses of the Paris final is there was loads of craft ale and surprisingly cheap for Paris. In fact I would say it was cheaper than London and there was a time I would expect Paris to be double London price and there was no choice. 

On 04/08/2022 at 00:16, Bruce Spanner said:

Polly’s is a really good comparison.

They both seem to have their recipe base and then build the hop profiles on top, which just leads to much of a muchness, but still solid beers.

Anyhows that box looks insane value, enjoy! 

Verdant is another. I blame the yeast. They all run a house yeast and I think that's what makes them all samey. 

2 hours ago, paddyberger said:

Steady Rolling Man in there, a thread favourite. 

Not had that for a while (2020 on tap at Trembling Madness, York) - seemed okay going off my Untappd review.  Had two so far from the box, Not really that impressed - big hop forward beers aren't so great out of date.

[edit] Had one of the Beak's - much better, but they've been consistently good for ages.