You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Day one of the Mikkeller calendar...

For obvious reasons I can not verify if this, but I think the first 'beer' is a 0% Limbo.

I'm going to be fucking livid if this isn't them just trolling.

I’ve finished a Brewdog, Beerhawk and Beer 52 calendar already. 

I’ve ordered 2 more. I just can’t remember if I’ve already posted about it in here. 

• Upvote 3

This is the Mikkeller AC so far, fair to say people are pissed off. A 0% ABV, a Porter that was in the previous monthly box and the rest fillers that everyone has had before or can get from the supermarket.

A guy has opened it all and says that half are lagers/variations on lager, another 0%, and the rest just ordinary run of the mill stock stuff.

Not impressed.

The monthly boxes have become hugely predictable as well, with duplicates appearing etc. Seems since this new guy took over they have massively taken their eye off the ball.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is the Mikkeller AC so far, fair to say people are pissed off. A 0% ABV, a Porter that was in the previous monthly box and the rest fillers that everyone has had before or can get from the supermarket.

A guy has opened it all and says that half are lagers/variations on lager, another 0%, and the rest just ordinary run of the mill stock stuff.

Not impressed.

The monthly boxes have become hugely predictable as well, with duplicates appearing etc. Seems since this new guy took over they have massively taken their eye off the ball.

i am fucking glad i chose not to spend 130 quid on that! 

my 10 year old daughter ended up going to my local can shop with her ma to make one for me - she knows what i like (daughter, not the missus)! she said the lad in the shop said the stronger beers are not really about at the moment - i hope this isn't the start of changes because of the budget changes. 

36 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i am fucking glad i chose not to spend 130 quid on that! 

my 10 year old daughter ended up going to my local can shop with her ma to make one for me - she knows what i like (daughter, not the missus)! she said the lad in the shop said the stronger beers are not really about at the moment - i hope this isn't the start of changes because of the budget changes. 

Yeah, far from pleased.

I opened day 23/24 as I'm not here to check and it's a GoT stout*, which was in this months subscription and a random Barley Wine from Burnt Mill for the 24th, mad.

Every year before this it'd been great, but this year they have really let people down by th elooks of things.

*You can have it if you want?

41 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, far from pleased.

I opened day 23/24 as I'm not here to check and it's a GoT stout*, which was in this months subscription and a random Barley Wine from Burnt Mill for the 24th, mad.

Every year before this it'd been great, but this year they have really let people down by th elooks of things.

that's a shame mate and more and more of this type of shit seems to be happening as these breweries grow. we can chat about the new guy running it when we get out for a pint - my mate i used to stay with down in london knows him. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, far from pleased.

I hovered a few times over that this year and by the sounds of it just as well. As you say, they have a great rep for the AC in recent years.

I ordered the Brewdog one for 30 quid yesterday, great value albeit wouldn’t have been my first choice. The Tiny Rebel one seems to have had a strong start so far, I might pick that up if there is any left.

10 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I hovered a few times over that this year and by the sounds of it just as well. As you say, they have a great rep for the AC in recent years.

I ordered the Brewdog one for 30 quid yesterday, great value albeit wouldn’t have been my first choice. The Tiny Rebel one seems to have had a strong start so far, I might pick that up if there is any left.

The one from allgoodbeer in Hackney has always been brilliant, a mate gets it every year, wish I’d have listened to him now….

10 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I must give them a try, about an hour and a quarter from me.  About half that if I go from work. 

Mr Barrington and myself might be in that part of the world next week if you fancy watching him drink me under the table whilst regaling me with stories of the great and the good? 

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mr Barrington and myself might be in that part of the world next week if you fancy watching him drink me under the table whilst regaling me with stories of the great and the good? 

I will take you up on that some time. I’ve got my Xmas party Thurs and Shed Seven at the Roundhouse Saturday so best not push it!

18 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not impressed.

That's a fucking piss take, for £130 you should be getting the creme de la creme. Complain if you haven't already. Or even if you already have. 

Probably a bit of a novelty for the bloke who has already drunk all the beer and probably fucking awful (the description doesn't fill me with much hope). But I've got one of these on the way. Some belting cans in the northern monk shop too at the moment. I'm really enjoying their beer and collaborations at the moment. 

https://northernmonkshop.com/products/the-spirit-of-glory-distilled-triple-ipa

Screenshot_20211207-084205.jpg