You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

20 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

I find both of them too heavy. The booze overpowers then for me.

I really liked the 15 mile round trip at first. Not had in ages. Think they were clearing it my tesco for about £2 a can so you may find a bargain  at the mo.

Just popped into Tesco. 15 mile was 2.98 instead of 3.50, so no massive saving. 

Got these 2 new ones for me to go along with the salt. 

IMG_20210911_151808.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Belgium has to be the holy grail of beer. The delirium bar was pretty crazy, you have to put a deposit on your beer stein (35 eurosputniks) and then pay another 10-15 to fill it as it was strong and a litre in size. There was a massive menu with something like over 1800 beers available for tasting.

On 06/09/2021 at 20:47, paddyberger said:

I was expecting this to have a real Boozy taste. Wasn’t bad actually but not as good as the OG Stay Puft.

CCA3B155-0457-46C5-ABB2-93F3D3D0801B.jpeg

Imperial Stay Puft which they did a few years ago was immense, they've never brewed it since (December 2017) to my knowledge and have concentrated on making dafter versions.

Haven't been buying as many cans and bottles since the pubs reopened.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

Belgium has to be the holy grail of beer. The delirium bar was pretty crazy, you have to put a deposit on your beer stein (35 eurosputniks) and then pay another 10-15 to fill it as it was strong and a litre in size. There was a massive menu with something like over 1800 beers available for tasting.

Yeap, you can spend hours in there.  They take over the whole outside of the street on Friday and Saturday nights.

IMG_20190209_020156.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I bagged some Oktoberfest beers from Beerhawk for £30 and some from Vocation for a similar price. 

The Vocation/Deya was a real treat. 

E8C0545F-94B7-47A3-8BD4-29D79883BCBA.jpeg

20CA8474-C500-4EC5-A562-8970745765B7.jpeg

6B34343F-F89E-4C14-9A39-6D6530769337.jpeg

I'd had my fill of Deya before I left, except Steady Rollin which I could drink forever and never get bored, but I can't wait to be on Blighty's terra firm again and throw a load of it down my neck again!

They've just done a release of a load of mixed ferm stuff which you might be interested in...

https://allgoodbeer.co.uk/search?q=deya+thing

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I'd had my fill of Deya before I left, except Steady Rollin which I could drink forever and never get bored, but I can't wait to be on Blighty's terra firm again and throw a load of it down my neck again!

They've just done a release of a load of mixed ferm stuff which you might be interested in...

I had a Big Hop Pillow of theirs, an 8% Double NEIPA in the pub the other week and it was too nice, it got me super fucked up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Guess what’s up next @Bruce Spanner

1D8A1840-9A0E-465B-B14F-D631A8E6E57A.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 16/10/2021 at 18:35, Bruce Spanner said:

Here's a steady rolling for you. It's tasting pretty good. Although not quite in the league of one I had last night over in the Rake. 

IMG_20211021_165556.jpg

Screenshot_20211021-165957.jpg